AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA2 (13.200.11.0 August 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sunn, Aug 19, 2013.

1. elod83

elod83 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD7950 3G
    I'm running a single HD7950. I also have issues with the mouse pointer stuttering. Actually I had it with any driver that came after 13.6 beta2. I do have a main monitor attached with DVI, and a TV with HDMI.
    What I have found is that I clone the desktop to the TV, the stuttering happens. (the TV does not have to be turned on). When I switch to "extend desktop", the stuttering disappears, and everything works fine. However I'd need the clone mode. :/ Also the magnifier running in the background seems to fix the issue, but then again, it's not a viable solution on the long run either.

Anyways, I posted a bug report on AMD's support, hopefully they will find what may cause this for the few of us.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    weird, I don't have that problem at all. It's funny how these things work :)

3. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    These are fine for me, although the only thing im playing at the moment, is HL2 with the FakeFactory mod. :p

I may have had the cursor bug in the previous set, although it was very slight, just felt something wasn't quite right with it, but it never bothered me, feels right again under these :)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  4. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    very good driver except i have to disable ulps, to solve +99% gpu2 problem and sound problems throught DP.

Thanks

5. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

It seems you'd have to thoroughly (more throughout than those 3 programs I listed on their own) remove the previous drivers before installing new ones on Switchable Graphics, at least in my case anyway. Kind of ridiculous, but I'm glad to not have to reinstall Windows :)

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    I actually believe there is only one issue with SR3 and HD7850 on ultra. That is fps between 40-60.
    I do have 65-80fps outdoors on ultra which btw means 8xMSAA. Disabling AA has no effect on performance on HD7970 in SR3.

When AMD states improvement on certain settings it usually means engine predefined settings. And most of optimizations they do are for high resolutions displays and 4x/8xAA modes.

7. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    So there's still the problem with missing switchable graphics? I can't download the drivers because the mobility driver is only 54 MBs and corrupted.

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    try running magnifier (search for it from start button) and see if your mouse feels better. for me, it is only 100% smooth when running magnifier. Thing is, as soon as I launch GW2, I loose my mouse cursor in game so I have to shut magnifier down before playing GW2.

9. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I got Switchable Graphics working fine for me, but I had to do a pretty throughout driver cleanup to get rid of the 1st 13.8 beta drivers.

As for the laggy cursor, I had this happen, only once, and it was for a short period of time. Not entirely sure if it went away on its own, or if it was because I switched from Eyefinity back to Multi-monitor.

Also had the mouse pointer corruption happen too; not sure why, but it only lasted for less than a minute, and I only saw that happen once also.

Should also mention that both those scenarios happened on the beta 1 driver and only on my desktop; beta 2 seems alright for now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    How come? Just tried and it's 234mb downloding just fine.

11. haymanali2006

haymanali2006 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™ HD 6720g2
    i have Switchable Graphics menu on Windows 8 Core on Amd Dual Graphics laptop (6520g + 6650m)

12. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Well these are not causing me to BSOD like the original 13.8s were. I'm pretty happy, but upset about downsampling not working. Oh well... can't have everything I guess. :(

13. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    on the opposite, these are crashing my system really bad.

first i updated them over the old 13.8. system lost all stability, reboots every 6 seconds after login on to desktop. did a system restore to original 13.8 to save it.

today made another system restore, uninstalled original 13.8, booted 13.8v2, instant crashes. somehow my restore point got lost in action, couldnt restore the damn thing. safe mode -> had to do a driver sweep. installed original 13.8, crashes, driver sweep, Display driver unistall multiple times, installed 13.6 to the rescue, still no go, hard lockups booting windows. I was like shiiiit gonna do a system reinstal prolly. did a few more sweeps, I had to take my system apart, take out GPUS, put in single card, install 13.4 whql, then 13.8 on top of that. did a system restore there out of curiosity cuz I wanted to see if the 13.8v2 works with single card, and it works, boots alright. As soon as I enable crossfire with 13.8v2 and reboot I get instand crash reboots. did a restore, took out second gpu again, reinstalled 13.8 original beta;s, got my crossfire back. i'm tempted to try 13.8v2 again but seriously I donno where's the problem here.

I feel the problem is somewhere in there with ULPS and powerplay.

I will try to boot 13.8v2 with original 6950 bioses.

any ideas?

14. djsebfr

djsebfr Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 950
    -> AMD Audio driver version : 7.12.0.7716

15. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Yeah now they fixed it but its useless for me now because i have no wifi just 3g.

Regarding switchable graphics I downloaded the enduro fix beta 2 drivers from LeekM and the switchable graphics menu was back. But sadly the driver isnt wddm so I went back again. Dont know if the mobility driver from Leek M or the fix from LeekM did the trick

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013

16. Jet

Jet Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970M

Hey, would it be too much to ask if you could please provide a thorough, step by step explanation on how you got installed it and got it to work with the Switchable Graphic Back on?

I’m currently using a laptop with the 7970M + an integrated Intel Graphic card, I’m sure. But when I tried to install the drivers, actually my numerous attempts ever since the 13.4, it seems I’ve forever lost that option and have since tried to get it back. I’m very raw and still pretty new with all these terms and instructions.

So, any thorough explanation would be very much appreciated… again if it isn’t too much to ask on how you got it to work. I think I somehow messed up my laptop because every time I play nowadays, the GPU Temperature goes up to 90C, I keep wondering if it’s because I improperly installed the drivers.

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I clean-installed Windows 7, updated it fully, then installed 13.8 Beta 1 drivers. I then tried uninstalling the previous drivers in the following order:

- Express Remove (via Catalyst Install Manager)
    - CCleaner + CCEnhancer (file cleanup and registry)
    - DDU (from Wagnard)

I then rebooted, and installed 13.8 Beta 2, and then rebooted again. This was when I noticed I had no Switchable Graphics menu.

Did the same uninstall procedure and went back to 13.8 Beta 1, and still noticed I had no working Switchable Graphics menu.

So then I did that same uninstall procedure once again, and this time I manually looked for folders named either AMD or ATI from the following locations:

- AppData (Local and Roaming)
    - ProgramData
    - Program Files (both x86 and x64)

And I also removed any registry key folder containing the DWORD "EnableUlps" (just did a search for that term and pressed F3 until I removed them all).

I then rebooted, installed 13.8 Beta 2 drivers, and all was well.

18. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    i have the same problem with the 13.8 .
    low fps in all games (GRID 2 , MK , ETC) 30 fps , and gpu clock frozen in 300mhz (13.6 drivers clocks are 1075mhz)

19. Jet

Jet Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970M
    Woosh! Thanks a whole lot! I just tried your method and the switchable graphic option is back (when I press FN + F7). I didn't remove the "EnableUlps" because of the warning that I received, it kind of scared me. So, I hope me keeping it won't cause any problems. Oh, speaking of EnableUlps would you recommend disabling it? Or does it not have that much effect on laptop? I haven't tried any gaming yet, so I'm not too sure about its performance.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  20. Lowki

Lowki Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 Xt
    Good driver so far. Besides max payne 1 and 2 still not launching im glad doom 3 bfg works again.