AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA2 (13.200.11.0 August 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sunn, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Rivers23

Rivers23 Member

GPU:
    amd 7670m
    When I installed these drivers, gpu went to 80C when idling and made my computer shut down because of heat. I've uninstalled them and installed older drivers but now my CPU load is at 30% when idling and CPU is constantly above 70C. There was no such problem with the older driver. I have a 7670M.

2. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    That's interesting... I just had a look on kn00tcn's website at the CAP/profile information and couldn't find any reference to Saint's Row 4, just a bunch for SR3. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

Edit: The name of the actual file needed is "SaintsRowIV.exe". I'll try tinkering with that profile name in RP.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I used Ultra details without much issue on my 7850 with SR3...

4. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Me, too.
    Im playing Ultra with 1680x1050 with Antialiasing off or only with FXAA if it's avaible.
    No issue at all.
    For this drivers I have switch my system from Windows 8.1 Preview to Windows 8 because this is 2nd driver that doesn't support windows 8.1. (13.8 Beta1,Beta2) Too Shame.

All works great no more "window artifact" in BF3 compare to OpenCL4.3 Drivers for Windows 8.1 Preview.
    I Recommand this drivers.

5. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Isn't this new drivers integrated with CAP inside?
    I hear that no need to install CAP profiles in new releases (Series 13.XX)

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

No Switchable Graphics menu on Windows 7 on AMD Dual Graphics laptop (7660G + 7670M); had the menu with the first 13.8 beta drivers though.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Same here, the story continues. I don't think AMD will ever fix this problem...

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Still getting slight mouse stuttering when websites are loading and when there's SSD/HDD activity but it's only very slight, much less noticeable than with 13.8. Only tried GW2 with these and it was all good, very smooth and slightly lower temps (could be due to playing less demanding content, maybe).

EDIT: found a fix for the jerky cursor, running magnifier gets rid of all the stutters for me, 100% smooth mouse cursor. Still annoying that AMD can't quite fix the problem. Is there any other ways of fixing this? I don't want to be running magnifier if I don't have to.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  9. harperbg90

harperbg90 Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon HD 6770m
    Hi all,
    and I want to say thank you for the creators of this website and forum. Good job guys.
    I wanted to share something with you guys. I have HP Pavilion dv6-6170us and I have huge problems with my swichable graphics. The problem is that I am reinstalling my OS (Win 7 64bit Home Premium) after the original HDD died on me (luckly I had recovery disk in the box with my laptop when it arrived) and waiting for windows update to install all the drivers and after that I am downloading the latest drivers from here for my Ati Radeon HD 6770m driver, but the problem is that the download is only 54mb (I found that hard to believe because the previous drivers were like 200mb or so). Any way I found previous driver and installed it. After playing some BF3 few hours later I wanted to restard my laptop to see if there are any problems. Unfortunatly for me there was a problem. The display was with lower brightness and I had to switch graphics to get maximum brightness ony my display. Then I desided to restart again and it was the same thing and the drivers were just .... gone, deleted, unistalled... beamed, teleported.... and all the programs were crashing on me I even get the "screen of Death" (Blue screen). Then I reinstalled the OS and installed all Win7 updates and I tried downloading the latest amd catalist driver but again its only 54mb and I started the driver and I got the message that its corupted or the download did not finish corectly. I used Chrome, Firefox and ever the disapointment called IE to download the driver but its 54mb. I would really areciate it if someone can help me out and get rid of this problems. I am so frustrated and furious and I realy want to fix this. I consulted with many experts including the tech support in HP but with no luck and I was hoping to find the answers here since here are the best people working on drivers for switchable graphics - intel and amd. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions. Also I would like to apologise for any spam or inconvinience I may have caused with this comment. Thank you all for your time.

(Oh and I am not buying HP ever again)

10. PraiseTheWind

PraiseTheWind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870 XT 2GB
    The unsigned Overdrive Service DLL seems only to affect the CPU-Overdrive options of CCC, which nobody should need anyway.

11. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Guest

GPU:
    Titan X SC
    Aaaaah Doom 3 BFG no longer crashes - Bliss :)

12. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    AMD messed up their upload to one of their servers. Check around the web for the full mobility upload.

This driver will not work if you update from Leshcat Modern drivers .. only Legacy. 13.8 had big changes which made the modern inf files incompatible for switching with 13.8.

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Hmm, I reverted back to 13.8 Beta 1 and still don't have Switchable Graphics, yet I definitely had it before.

I'm concluding something during the driver uninstall process (either via CIM, CCleaner + CCEnhancer, Windows itself, or Wagnard's Uninstaller) is getting rid of something it shouldn't be.

Thing is, now how to get Switchable Graphics back. I really don't want to reinstall Windows...

14. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    What is this weird stuttering you get o_O I've never had any hmmmh odd.

15. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Was it a clean install that you did initially for 13.8 beta 1? Maybe you upgraded?

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Yep clean install; no drivers for either GPU existed (was using Standard) and nothing of AMD or Catalyst was ever installed, not even from Windows Update.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  17. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    Smoothbore125mm gun

Any luck with this Shaneus?

18. FunkyMike

FunkyMike Guest

GPU:
    ATI 6850m /Intel HD3000
    Not too familiar with AMD + AMD but I have read somewhere that through cleaning some components can be damaged.

I would revert to a really early version to see if it works .. and then upgrade again.

Might prevent you from having to format.

19. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Never had a problem with my cursor with either 13.8 beta. Odd that some get the issue and other don't.

My main issue is that my .net seems to screw up the installation first time round and CCC will not load. I have to complete remove CCC and manually remove the remaining registry entries and then reinstall. Second time round everything is there. If I try to remove everything prior to a 'clean' install it doesn't work either, only second time around!

Does my nut in, I tell ya! :3eyes:

20. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    The only issue I have with my mouse is the pointer turns to a dotted line if I have my TV as extended display and I move the mouse from one screen to the other

Hasn't happened with this driver yet