AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA2 (13.200.11.0 August 14)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by sunn, Aug 19, 2013.

1. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    O cry me a river please. Windows 8.1 isn't even officially released why would amd waste there time?
    13.8 is a beta driver and aimed at getting better smoother frame rate why would they make there work harder by adding a version of Os to the mix witch isn't even released?
    Amd do support windows 8.1 in version 13.6 so use that, the frame pacing drivers are a beta project and it's better to release on a Os the is more mature.
    It will come when the time is right, so just grow up and take it like a man.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just installed these drivers after uninstalling the previous 13.8 beta, and got this message

[​IMG]

3. Faruk

Faruk Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Noctua 4080
    @Extraordinary, same problem here and can not solve the issue.

4. Scarecrow7

Scarecrow7 Guest

GPU:
    HIS R9 280X / 3GB
    I've just installed this new beta on a fresh windows 8 and got the same dialog.
    Not sure what is happening since the log shows positive results.

I don't have any game installed yet, so can't test it.

And thanks for sharing, OP.

5. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    "includes improved performance in World of Warcraft, Sniper Elite, Watch Dogs, and Tomb Raider"

Isn't Watch Dogs out in November?

6. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Better performance in an upcoming game (and other games/apps; not to mention probably other bugfixes), or overall graphics improvements from an unsupported feature?

AMD has released two prior drivers with 8.1 support (the actual 8.1 Preview Release Driver, and OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver). I'm almost 90% certain older drivers could be installed on 8.1 as well. Point is, AMD had to go out of their way to make these drivers not install on 8.1.

Frame Pacing testing on a more mature OS is "ideal", but 8.1 is around the corner as well (around the corner being at least 2 months for general availability; probably a lot sooner for MSDN/Technet/OEM/Leaks).

I still think AMD has a pretty good reason to not allow these drivers installing on 8.1; just wish there would be a statement as to why or something.

Don't get me wrong though; I in no way support that terrible pro-NVIDIA pointless rant. Wish people would just go over to what-they-assume-to-be-problem-free-but-isn't NVIDIA without announcing it to the world in such a childish manner :bang:

AMD probably has early access to a build. Not entirely sure what the point is of announcing performance gains for something not available to the public, other than maybe press reasons :p

Although I guess it could also serve as a note for people who are on old drivers by the time November rolls around, and then look for ways to improve FPS.

I have an AMD Dual Graphics laptop (Dual Graphics is a "form" of CrossfireX) and had no such frame pacing option on 13.8. Haven't tried beta 2 yet though, but since the notes don't announce anything different, I don't really expect different.

I can't be certain, but I think disabling ULPS on my single 7850 stops the sleep of death from occurring on my monitors. On my Dual Graphics laptop, it stops GPU-Z from BSoD'ing the laptop on start and lets me OC from Afterburner.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2013
  7. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Thanks. Wouldnt single cards also prosper from the same technology?

8. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Did you disable Windows' Driver Signature Enforcement policy?

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Still your 7670m is just a rebrand of old HD 6xxx so it's not gonna work. Besides that 'dual graphics is not a crossfire, and looking what AMD is doing lately it's not gonna get any attention.

It would be interesting to see if they fixed the "missing switchable graphics menu" with B2.

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Nope, but I have never had to with previous betas

11. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Give that a try then.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Graphics Overdrive is still working which is what I thought would be broken now, so no need

13. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I'm at work right now, but can anyone check to see if using the Saint's Row 4 profile fixes performance with Saint's Row 3, given that they're both basically the same game?

I'll be able to look tonight (in ~4hrs), just wondering if anyone's tested that theory.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Very unlikely. And for people with mainstream GPU like 7850/70 this will produce only minor improvement since it is targeted for Ultra details. Which is not used on such GPUs anyway.

15. Lerun

Lerun Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7990
    Can confirm this, had problems with this using Gpu-Z. Disabling ULPS made it go away...and some other unwanted behaviour also

16. rongtw

rongtw Guest

GPU:
    asus 1060 strix
    Bf3 works fine with these :)

17. SeriousStone

SeriousStone Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6770M 2 GB
    Has someone tried this V2 on HP's laptops with 6770m & Intel?

18. matthew30

matthew30 Guest

GPU:
    MSI/7970/3-GDDR5
    Rage mode on? Off?? Really???....You know, really.... How does one respond to that? I know how... IF it were a legit rant, perhaps some understanding... but that? Yea.. So sad.. Not only have you show your level of emotional competence, you've also shown your intellect as well. Run to Nvidia. Trust me, AMD isn't gonna miss your pennies, and just because they;ve not support for 8.1- you're ready to run? Peh... Half-hearted people. Ready to run at any time something isn't their way. You know what? that's how NVIDIA has the business they do. People like you, fill shoes like theirs. Kick Rox' lil' one and come back to the real side of the fence when you figure out what it's really about. Why should they release something, for something that hasn't been released? Thats like releasing the CD in 1925. WTF r the going to do with it? Waste of time, waste of money and more over, waste of intelligence when they should be working on what's at hand... Not to something that's not even out to vendors or publix yet....My two cents for the day is out.. Who'd agree...?

19. V-FrIeNd

V-FrIeNd Guest

GPU:
    GTX 750Ti
    This version have switchable graphics menu in amd dual-graphic laptop ?

20. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    No but I did have problems on a clevo laptop and a 7970m with intel and the gpu usage being at 99% all the time.

Yeah it does, make sure to download the separate notebook version.