Geforce GTX 770 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Slam, May 30, 2013.

1. Vxheous

Vxheous Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 X
    Do you have a browser open? I noticed that mine will stay at 1100 even if I'm just running chrome, even if it is minimized. Mine jumps to 1205 as well, without any tweaking, and got it to 1280 stable with a little bit of tweaking. Haven't pushed it much farther than that, but I just run it at the regular SC speed anyhow.

2. AcidSnow

AcidSnow Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Hey guys, 1st post.

I've read lots of literature, and am considering upgrading from my 2x5870's, for a 770. I game @ 1080p with my i7-920 is OC'd to 3.7GHz (which occasionally gives me low FPS in a few select BF3 maps).

Would it be worth upgrading to a 770?
    I currently get a solid 60FPS in BF3 @ High settings (don't use Ultra anymore) with 2xMSAA. In all I paid a total of $280 for both 5870's, two years ago; they are still actually really good to me (especially since I game at 1080p), but I've never owned NVIDIA before, so I'm curious about touching the waters, and moving to a single card :dave:. However I am REALLY impressed with the new Catalyst 13.8 drivers that almost totally removes micro-stuttering, talk about a massive visual improvement when using crossfire: it's seriously a mind blowing difference after tolerating micro-stutter for the past 2yrs :3eyes:.

EDIT: What exactly is lost (the disadvantage) when you SLI/Crossfire two cards? Is it just the RAM on the second card that goes to waste? And extra ram (say on a 4GB card vs 2GB) is only useful when buffering textures at mega-resolutions, &/or to multiple monitors -> how does that work? ...But the MHz of each card are not wasted, and thus combine to process data faster - correct?

EDIT2: I removed my Sound Card, and just use AMD's audio drivers via HDMI though my [main] 5870. Is that going to negatively impact my gaming performance? I always thought Audio processing was kind of a joke - correct? ...Is the audio quality worse via this method? I have 5 Klipsch speakers, and a Polk subwoofer connected via a Denon 1911 A/V receiver (~$1,800 audio setup).

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  3. Akhkaru

Akhkaru Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB WF
    Just recently got my GTX 770, have had it for about a week now and I'm more than impressed. I had two GTX 660Ti in SLI and honestly, the difference is very minimal which really surprised me. I'm enjoying the card very much :)

4. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    Does anybody know yet how to get past the voltage limitations of the MSI TF Gaming or other 770s without the CHiL chip?
    I'm looking for (guides of) Afterburner/Precision hacks, BIOS mods, soldering mods, etc. Really can't find any on the net yet :(

Overclocking this card has been just too easy up to now :D

5. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    My GTX 480 just died and i ordered a an Asus GTX 770 DC2 oc 2gb coming in on monday I hope the dc2 cooler is good as Guru3d has not reviewed this particular model.I love the fact that it comes with a backplate as well.Looking at reviews of the gtx 770 it is about 50% faster than my old 480. just one note i don't know if it was a coincidence that my card died or the 320.18 drivers everyone was talking about...Cant wait to see how it performs!!!!!

6. LadiesMan32

LadiesMan32 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro Crossfire
    Ive had my Gigabyte gtx 770 4gb windforce edition for 2 weeks now. love it, doesnt overclock well but out of the box its already running at 1241mhz

7. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    I received my card yesterday and i am loving it.Huge upgrade over my GTX480 and it runs very cool and i love the fact it has a back plate too very nice looking card.It boosts to 1150mhz and it does not reach max temp to throttle and ambient temp is 30c.I did a quick overclock to 1250mhz and 7500 ram but i have not tested it for stability yet just played a bit of Crysis 3 without any problems...

8. LadiesMan32

LadiesMan32 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro Crossfire
    I was wondering if someone could help me, as i stated abovei bought the gigabyte 4gb windforce card, and it refuses to overclock at all. It runs at 1241mhz when gaming, temps are around 75, il crank the fans, voltage, power %, and core speed up but its not stable. I cant even increase it by 20mhz. What voltage are you guys running? Mine runs at 1.2v but even when i increase the voltage it still stays at 1.2. What gives? I love this card its great i just want to be able to mess ariund with the oc a little

9. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Just a guess as i am new to the kepler series maybe Gigabyte already maxed out the oc potential of their card.As for the voltage it might be locked at bios level.Maybe that's why they released a revision 2 of the same card i guess you have revision 1.

10. LadiesMan32

LadiesMan32 Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury Nitro Crossfire
    Sure hope not lol. Well this is weird, i tried oc'ing again last night and now the card will allow me to oc it 40mhz...

11. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    In a few days you can count me in the club aswell. Just ordered a gigabyte model. ^.^

12. kens30

kens30 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 GAMING OC
    Well if you think about it the GTX770 is basically a GTX680, all that Nvidia has done to the 770 is overvolt it to 1.20v using a stronger power phase design,overclocked it to higher base + boost frequencies used 7000mhz memory instead of 6000mhz and introduced turbo boost 2...to match AMD 7970ghz edition performance a 2 year old (i think) gpu? i just wanted to add to this if my GTX480 had not died i would of waited a bit longer for an upgrade since the pc in my specs is the only one i have i had no option to choose something within my budget,i wanted a 780 but it was out of my price range..My plan was to wait a couple of months for AMD 9 series see how it performs and then upgrade..

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  13. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Just got mine today!! It's BLAZING fast compared to my old 295 + I really needed more VRAM! I'll be overclocking soon. ^.^

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    See if that vram will hit 8000

15. rastamanfromjam

rastamanfromjam Member

GPU:
    gtx 770 sli/3dvision
    Gigabyte Windforce 3x oc 4GB SLI here! :)

16. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    Mine only goes to 102% power boost with a temperature of 95c? Shouldn't I be able to set it to 110% power boost?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  17. BUFDUP

BUFDUP Guest

Hey guys.

I bought 2 MSI GTX 770 Lightnings in JULY to replace my ASUS GTX 590.
    These cards are animals

Just one 770 Lightning has pretty much the same performance of the Dual GPU GTX 590

In a few months i am gonna waterblock them :D

One Question? What impact would it have if both of the BIOS on the 770's were different? Just curious.... My ones are the same

18. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I've been running my EVGA 770 GTX Classified 4GB for about three days now and I'm pretty happy with it. I upgraded from a 660 GTX SC and averaged a 66% (I did the math) fps increase in the games I benched. Can't wait for BF4 to see what this thing can really do.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I may be ready to finally join the club. Found a 770ftw gb bios at techpower up.

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    So I will be joining you guy's soon just ordered a MSI 770 lightning for my second rig that stays in the living room (it's a 2500k system). Will post impressions when I get it up and running (it's got to be better than the 6950 it replaces which is not bad card just a bit weak in DX11).