ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Menpower

Menpower Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    Which version should I use then?

2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The recommended driver for stability purpose is the 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver
    as the 13.8 Series has yet to reach a Stable BETA.

3. Menpower

Menpower Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    OK I will revert back to 12.11 V10.2, but first i want to full report about my 13.8 experiences;

When I change to Pixel Format (eg. RGB 4:4:4 to YCbCr 4:4:4) when I approve changes not applied immediately. If I change to resolution something else and revert back, Pixel Format change applied. (13.8 all version)

In 720p(1280x720) I'm changed Scaling options to Overscan %0 due to remove black bars, in desktop everything working normal but when I enter a game and change to 1280x720, Scaling options not effect and black borders are back. (13.8 all version)

In Gaming/Application Profiles, my custom profiles not showing. When I create a custom profile and erase it, next time I enter Application Profiles, my custom profiles re-appear again(except erased one). (13.8 all version)

In AMD Overdrive, selected or not with default values. Sometimes when I exit the any game, clocks not revert to normal and still at performance values. When I enter a game second time and exit, they are return to normal values.

I encounter many BSOD but all of them random and I don't understand what is causing them. Maybe more experienced user than me will catch what is the cause.

Sorry for my bad English and this concludes my report.

4. antdes45

antdes45 Guest

GPU:
    Asus R7260X-DC2OC-2GD5
    Hello,

I figured a few packages (codecs mostly) wouldn't install correctly with 4.3.1 unless I placed the driver package under the D:\AMD\ folder. Sounds like a few relative paths are missing.

5. Anduiril

Anduiril Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2 2G
    Would this driver help?

I'm having an issue and think this driver may help. While running Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark I get better scores using the drivers that came with Windows than using AMD's latest legacy drivers. I found this out while troubleshooting one of my cards (the thermal paste on the 2nd gpu dried out). Here are my system specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
    Radeon HD 4870x2 (I have 3 cards, 2 Sapphires and 1 Powercolor, but only 1 is used right now)
    Biostar TA990FXE
    AMD FX-8150
    16G (2 8's) 1333 RAM
    120G SSD (system and important stuff like games)
    1TB WD Caviar Black (all other storage)

Would using this driver help with my issue and which version? I'm also researching OC'ing right now in case that makes a difference.

Thanks for the advice and if you want me to test something just let me know.

6. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Thanks for posting your results as it shows how unstable the current 13.8 Series are......After I'm done creating a base in which I can mod both x32Bit and x64Bit Driver with the change of one file I will continue working on the 13.8 Series.
    Can you clarify? For example tell me what packages does not get installed if you do not install the driver from D:\AMD\folder.

Your current Setup should work with the 12.11 Modded Legacy P6 V10.2....This is the build that Crossfire Users and Owners of different GPU Setups have found to be the most stable. Therefore I recommend using this version as the current 13.8 Series is bugged and still needs to be work on to achieve both compatibility and stability.

7. Anduiril

Anduiril Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2 2G
    I just downloaded both the 12 and 13 Beta (to test it out) but my virus scanner told me that there were 2 viruses in aSimple cleanup and aSimple driver. Are these false pops like Android rooting software or did you medifire acct get hacked?

The virus is said was in both is Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Mudrop.wys

8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, I will have to look into this, but there should not be any virus in either of the packages. Did you scan the archive before extracting it?

Yep, did not notice any abnormalities in both 13.8 or 12.11 package.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  9. Anduiril

Anduiril Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2 2G
    It was in the 13.8 beta folder after extracting it.

Were there changes to the programs that maybe triggered the virus scanner since it is deleting drivers and such? I know from rooting Android phones that sometimes software will trigger even though they aren't.

10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Does your GF also own a HD 4870X2 and the same Processor as your Computer. Or did you mean you used your GF PC to download the drivers?

EDITED
    What antivirus Software did you use to scan and which version of the 13.8 driver did you download?

ALSO
    I check both 13.8 v4 and v4.2 but did not come across any virus.

11. Anduiril

Anduiril Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2 2G
    Her's has a 4870x2 also but FX-4100 processor and less ram but I'm using hers to access the forums while mine is testing.

I'm using Zonealarm's anti-virus.

I just checked and it doesn't flag until I extract it. I downloaded it again and it still pops up. I'm downloading 4.2 from the link in the first post.

12. Anduiril

Anduiril Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2 2G
    The benchmark results for the 12.11 were close to the ones from the AMD legacy drivers. I downloaded the 10.2 drivers from AMD and they run like the ones that come with Windows. I've got to take a break from testing for a few hours. I may try some more tonight when I get home. Thanks for the work you've done.

13. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    What game did you run the Benchmark on? Also I included 2 Dx9 Switchers in the 13.8 BETA 4.2 folder that deals with Dx9 performance. It should also be the same for the 12.11 V10.2 but will come under a different name as the driver no longer uses those files.

Also it's recommended for Users to use real-time benchmarks which involves actually playing the game and monitoring the Fps with a tool such as Fraps to pinpoint how the driver performs. This is recommended because Benchmark tools can sometimes be very inaccurate in which Frames appear to be higher but game performance either remains the same or diminishes.

14. antdes45

antdes45 Guest

GPU:
    Asus R7260X-DC2OC-2GD5
    These are the packages that would fail to install without being located in the D:\AMD\ folder using 13.8 V4.3.1:

HydraVision
    AMD Drag and Drop Transcoding
    AMD Media Foundation Decoders

That is, when using the Catalyst Install Manager. If I attempt to install the MSI files directly, I get prompted for missing files. The default location for these files within the prompt dialog is D:\AMD\Packages\... Once I copied the files to that folder, the driver packages installed without problems.

15. Anduiril

Anduiril Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870x2 2G
    The Benchmark I'm using is the latest one that Square Enix put out for Final Fantasy XIV (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/index.html). The game isn't out yet (last beta test is Aug 17-19, which I'll test out various drivers then).

When I get home from work tonight. I'll try to do some other testing.

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    UPDATE For All Supported OS
    This Update attempts to integrate x64Bit Support and x32Bit Support
    into one Driver.

Notes
    -All Dx9 Switchers are now Updated to Support both
    x32Bit and x64Bit Users
    -All Cleaners are now Updated to Support both x32Bit and x64Bit Users
    -All Cleaners were also Updated to improve User Cleaning experience.
    Therefore Users should expect all packages from different driver sets
    to be Uninstalled.
    -Users using an x32Bit Version of Windows can now expect to have
    access to their Windows 8 Metro Apps without the use of a Dx9 Switcher
    -Both x32Bit and x64Bit Users of the 12.11 Modded Legacy Driver can
    now expect to have access to Windowed Flash Hardware Acceleration
    when using Firefox to play Flash Content.
    -Added WDDM 1.2 Support for x32Bit Users With an HD 5000 and 6000
    Graphic Card.
    -Added OpenGL 4.3 Support for x32Bit and x64Bit Users Using an HD 5000
    and a HD 6000 Graphic Card
    etc...

Here is the Download Link:
    ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V10.5 All Supported OS

Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
  17. REDHOTIRON2004

REDHOTIRON2004 Guest

GPU:
    XFX ATI 4650 AGP 1GB DDR2
    Cool! Just waiting for the link :).
    Though, I want you to take your time to be satisfied. I don't want you to hurry up with the drivers. I can wait for 1-2days more for stable drivers!

18. Win

Win Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5650m
    Display driver randomly freezes and stops responding when playing BF3, tried both 12.11 and 13.8, same thing. Did a fresh install of Windows 8 and now occasionally instead of windows throwing a display driver error the game will crash with 'DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason" failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG: Device hung due to badly formed commands.' Both times the screen goes black for 5-10 seconds before recovering. Every other game I've thrown at it work great, no crashing to be found, only BF3.

From playing around just now, it looks like I cannot switch to power saving, I am stuck on high performance. Brightness controls aren't working either.

Specs:
    Toshiba Laptop
    Phenom II P920
    ATi 4250 + 5650m(device manager reports this as 4200 + 6500M/6500/5700)
    8gb ram
    Windows 8 x64
    Running 13.8b modded drivers 8/12

I've tried unplugging my second monitor, reinstalling bf3, blowing out the dust in my laptop and reinstalling Windows 8.

Toshiba/AMD/etc has really created a mess with these amd + amd solutions. Thanks you for providing some drivers that actually make this laptop usable(minus bf3, but hey everything else is working :))

19. Bose321

Bose321 Guest

GPU:
    HD6950 w. AC III heatsink
    It's been a while since I tried a driver from here. I'm thinking of updating again because my GTA EFLC crashes every time after a few minutes suddenly, and I can't seem to launch Crysis 2 anymore.

I'm looking for a fast and stable release. Updating is a pain in the ass for me, so I just want it to work. :D

I'm running the 12.11 drivers right now (no idea which one?) on Windows 7 64-bit. What driver would you suggest?

edit: I just checked and my second 4850 is running in 3d clocks for some reason again... :bang: I believe I specifically downloaded these drivers because that wouldn't happen. Even when modded AMD drivers are a disaster...

20. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013