FX-83** Owners club - Discussion & overclocking

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by hallryu, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    What is your LLC set at? Mine is High.

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Ultra High, you think I should drop it ?

[​IMG]

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    You can try, phase control etc can be left at optimized Extreme setting will just heat up the vrm's....

Also Power Save can be disabled and voltage will still drop at idle. The vcore will be slightly lower with power save left on.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I've set LLC to high and phase control to optimized and P95 failed almost instantly this time

The vcore didn't reach 1.45v either, maybe I need to increase the offset if I'm using a lower LLC

What do you have set for your OC ?

EDIT - Fook it, started getting bluescreens and I don't have the patience to mess around with this any more, Offset can do one, manual vcore is fine, I love manual vcore, it works :p

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    My vcore is 1.488v at 4.8ghz or 1.425v at 4.6ghz.....offset voltage and optimized phase control.....power save off.

Maybe try something other than P95?

6. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Try brining you Vcore to 1.5v. It might be a bit high, but try it and see if it is stable even at that extreme.. You might need that many volts to get it stable if you have a bad binned cpu.. Allso what is you cpu/nb voltage at you may have to end up upping that too...

Also dont use P95 its known that the with the new amd cpu's it has problems.. Try a different burn test. Or do like i do. try playing a cpu heavy game for 5 hours and if it dont crash your good lol!

7. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    P95 is fine on manual vcore, I think I just don't understand offset enough yet, once its not 1000c in here I`ll look into it again, its too hot to get stressed with a PC atm :)

Too much heat for 1.5v - I am 100% stable @ 4.7GHz @ 1.45v using manual vcore, just not with offset for some reason

I need a water cooler if im going to try upping the vcore any more, my Tuniq tower 120 extreme is just keeping 1.45v at comfortable temps under load in this weather

8. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    OK, I thought u were blue screening and wasn't able to stabilize it.. If that were the case you can take your voltages alittle high and start lowering them until you get stable and ok temps.. Or you can keep upping your voltages. but sometimes its easier to go down then up.. Well in my experience for some reason. Could never get myn stable at 4.9, untill i went to 1.51v, then i got it 5ghz. I then got it down to 1.504 or whatever it is stable lol..

And as you go HIGHER your voltages will skyrocket.. 5ghz is about the max acceptiable level for this chip

9. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    CPU stability is one thing I would absolutely not mess with. Trying games isn't going to cut it.

10. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Meh time is to valuable to make a cpu 24+ hours stable.. Iv had myn at 5.1ghz and with p95 it fails after 3 min. but i can keep my pc on for a week and play all my games and never once have a lock up or blue screen so.. to each there own... I just dont have the time or want to let it run for more then 10 min. lol

11. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I've always gotten mine 24hr stable but it doesn't guarantee anything. I once had an OC that was stable 24hrs P95 and 15rds of IBT maximum. Yet would BSOD in Company Of Heroes and crash during WEI.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yea its not stable when I'm using Offset voltage, but it is stable if I use Manual voltage

The BSODs were while I was trying to stabilize using Offset, which I promptly gave up on :)

I can stabilize with fairly decent voltages on this chip, 1.45v for 4.7GHz

Once I get better cooling I reckon 5GHz is in my sights

I was reading something about P95, and they were saying it only stresses certain instruction sets but not all, so when you open a game after being 24/7 stable for P95 and that game starts using a different instruction set that has not been stressed with P95, that is when you see your BSODs

Something like that

I don't use P95 as a real life stability test, just for a quick run to get an idea of voltage needed

13. newerm

newerm Guest

GPU:
    GTX660 TI-DC2O-2GD5
    Hi Pill, my windows is 8 pro x64 only with amd chipset drivers and nvdia 314.22, sorry for

the late replay, right now im on 4.77 ghz with 1.476v my memory now is 2,200 mhz, after 3

minutes of p95 my cpu temp is 68 ÂșC no errors, the temperature its ok?

14. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    So i'm thinking of ordering an 8320 this week cause it's 15$ off at the egg and since steamroller is delayed there is no sense in riding Deneb out. As long as i can hit around 4.5ghz i'll be happy. The 8350 is technically binned higher though isn't it?

Also would PD at 4.0+ bottleneck a 7970 @ 1125/1575? I don't mean in games that are GPU based like Metro LL. I mean in games like Crysis 3, BF3, any game that requires decent per core performance.

15. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    With your saber board you can get 8350 to 4.8 with ease, even 5.0 but need good cooling for 5, but 4.8 easy.

16. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    I doubt i'll have the cooling for it, just running a hyper 212 Evo on it. Would it be hard to hit 4.5Ghz on the 8320?

17. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    No not hard but more voltage is more heat, It would take less voltage to hit same 4.5 on 8350, thus being cooler. But for your cooling it depends how much voltage it takes to hit 4.5 on 8320, you get where I'm goin? I'm not tryin to get you to go one way or other, but with your cooling you'd be better with 8350 and hittin 4.5 wich I would think your evo could handle.

18. Blackops_2

Blackops_2 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    Well i got the 8320 for 145$ split it with my brother 50/50 i guess we'll see. Maybe i get lucky and can hit it on 1.4vcore. I guess 30$ more from each of us couldn't hurt, eventually i could get an AIO kit. I just don't want to support Aestek after what they did to swiftech, pisses me off.

19. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    This is the one I have in mine..... http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ew_Rev_4_Pump_Included_w_Free_Dead-Water.html But I hear ya, I really wanted the CHV-Z board or yours, but tight budget here too, My EX9 is fine, voltages just not as adjustable [offsets] I run mine @ 4.860 24/7 now, took a few to find a good set that didnt act like a furnace...lol. I can hit 5.0 but as far as gaming it doesnt help me with the games I play so not worth it. Just big bench numbers.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  20. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I'm on air (CM Hyper N620).

I can post my BIOS settings if it helps anyone....

Edit actually my CPU is @4.6/1.42v right now because I wanted to drop the vcore a little. But it is stable at 4.8/1.48v in any game or running PovRay, Heaven, whatever..

I don't use P95 btw.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013