AMD Catalyst 13.8 BETA (13.200.0.0 July 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. genbrien

genbrien Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980
    got some major stutters(+fps down spikes) with them that I never had.

Single 6950

(ULPS is diasabled)

2. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    it works with 5,6 and 7 series.

best driver ever.

3. cc8080

cc8080 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 X2 w/c
    Monitor issues

Now CCC wont let me switch my D DVI monitor to 144Hz, but will allow my DP port monitors. With 18.6 I could have my Eyefinity set up running all three at 144Hz. Switching back, really hope they fix that was looking forward to seeing how Frame Pacing was going to work.

4. alientorni

alientorni Guest

GPU:
    MSI 5770 (bios6770) Hawk
    worst bf3 driver ever! got like 10-20fps down with 7770

5. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    ULPS always enabled here, that's never made any difference on my rig for games and stability.

6. hellrush

hellrush Guest

GPU:
    3x Radeon HD 6970
    ULPS enabled or disabled DX10 and 11 games crash after a short time. DX9 games are ok.

7. fez

fez Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6700XT
    in Heroes of Newerth, fps drops to exactly 30 when there's big action, otherwise its 60. No problem with 13.6 drivers...

8. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    To everyone talking about my system being unstable... I just played Tomb Raider for 6 hours and not even a hint of any issues with the 13.6 B2 drivers. If it were a hardware problem, it would have showed it self at some point and it didn't.

9. ToBbErT

ToBbErT Member Guru

GPU:
    2x sapphire 7870
    For single gpu users disabling or enabling ulps makes no difference. It only applies for multiple gpu's afaik.

10. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    different software puts different stress on components.

prime will test your pc differently from intel burn and different drivers can stress the system more or less. maybe 13.6 arent as demanding so the system is stable, but its not with those new drivers. just my 2cents because you cant really say that a system is stable because one piece of software works and one doesnt. hope you get my point.

11. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Thank you ever so much m8, that solved everything!:D Now, the game looks like the way I remember it did.....before this, it was all funky.

But still, Quake 3 Arena does not work.....graphics corruption at the Menu screen, moving my mouse makes the cursor leave a trail that does not fade.

12. ShooterFX

ShooterFX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD7990
    These drivers work great on all my games except BF3. Here i get either red screen after map loading or hardfreeze. ULPS tested enabled or disabled - no luck, even un clocked GPU (7990) .

Also using Windows 8. Hope this is not the issue here as i dont want to go back to Win 7

O yes clean install

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  13. seb4771

seb4771 Guest

Hi all,

+ Very good gain under : the witchers 2 enhanced edition + mods HD for me (minimum +25 fps gain and NO micro-stuttering)

+ Most games have very good gain (+ 5/10 FPS) but not very important, all my games (dx 10/11) have important "fluidity gain" (coh2/crysy 2/crysis 3/ borderland 2/skyrim/grid 2/Metro LL).

- Farcry 3, gain +5 fps but rest most micro-stuttering :(
    - Shadowrun return : less micro-stuttering

14. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I do understand. The thing is, it's not necessarily stress, as much as it might be simply something that isn't used in the other drivers, that for me, in these new drivers isn't working properly.

Same logic of the stress components, but with the same understanding that something new introduced might be the culprit.

15. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    Disable the Steam Overlay. Right click the game, go to Settings and untick Enable Community In Game. That should fix it.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013

16. Valagard

Valagard Guest

I know, don't you love how Quake 3 launches the steam overlay, but then you can't see the game cause of the steam overlay? ;D

You would have thought Steam, or for gods sakes ID would have checked this before sale ;D

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Oh man, you're a godsend!:infinity: It worked beautifully!:D I don't understand how Steam and/or ID did not fix this issue before selling them.....whaddupwiddat?! And here I was thinking the driver was at fault.....

18. Simkin84

Simkin84 Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4090 FE
    Best so far for me in BF3. Actually i have used 12.8 until now for my 7970 Crossfire setup.

19. rongtw

rongtw Guest

GPU:
    asus 1060 strix
    worst ! driver for BF3 for me :puke2: gone back to previous beta
    terrible stutter

20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    BF3 is God's smooth...it can't be played smoother than that...even at very ultra (level 4 at the .ini) epic driver for dx10/11 apps after metro LL now BF3 :nerd: :banana: