SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jujuom26

jujuom26 Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 670 GIGABYTE O/C
    It's not exactly this, I would like create my own SweetFXsettings.txt, but I would like be able to see the modifications ingame for find a a good compromise.
    For exemple can I find a way for change the sharpness, the hdr or the vibrance or whatever then see the mofications ingame.
    I guess people who put their settings here have a good way to do what I mean http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/
    Thanks a lot

2. Gramps

Gramps Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 770 4GB OC
    Search back a few pages. Someone made a script so you could switch 'settings' in-game. So you could have SweetFXsettings.txt and SweetFXsettings_test.txt; and then quickly change between each setting file; that way you could easily see the difference in 'real-time'

3. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    Yes, I also noticed that NFS Most Wanted is now blocking sweetfx dxgi.dll with some kind of drm activation screen once removed works fine(only game I have encountered yet to do this who knows maybe I did something wrong in a SweetFX 2.0 conversion but I doubt it). I haven't tried any other Origin games but it must have happened in a recent update because it was working fine for me before the night time play was absolutely inky black(so black almost hard to play) and of course the game was overall far more clear and vibrant.

Reason I have to upgrade to 8.1 is Crysis 3(makes the game much snappier all games really especially with the latest nvidia drivers, but I do have a 780) less memory usage and its far more responsive. I think directx is also equally as big a step up in performance as it was from Win 7 to Win 8. Seems completely stable for my usage tho the boot seems to be slightly slower(for what reason I still don't know but its not worse than windows booting in the past that and I do have it loaded with many professional editing programs of various disciplines). I understand it will probably be revised several times before release as I asked anatolymik to make a HyperSLI for Windows 8 Release Preview that required another revision for RTM and he wasn't happy about it. I really would like to have sandboxie for 8.1 as well but thats not gonna happen either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDKv-tKZq7Q

All games feel faster(not mindblowingly so but to someone like me whos experienced thousands of code and hardware upgrades I would say its substantial for an incremental upgrade, fps is not the only metric there is responsiveness and many other factors to game performance) I don't know if its this new directx engine or the kernel, but it's something. Borderlands 2 still works man is it clean just finished up all the dlc. What a huge game when you have other games to play and you plow through Borderlands its size and scope can turn your mind to mush(so many huge well modeled maps). I opened every lootbox I saw which I'm now addicted to. TY Jim I used your preset. Used WinMerge to quickly update the preset to 2.0.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  4. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Quick question for you sweetfx users.

Does it work with Virtu MVP ?

Id like to use SMAA with my games aswell as Virtual Vsync.

The SMAA injector disables Virtual Vsync if used.

5. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Yeah I post on there as well, the way I do it is one of two ways; Use the split screen feature or I hit the "scroll lock" key(I use this way almost exclusively actually) to see the difference between the original game and my settings to get a feel of what I liked and what I didn't like

To be honest it would be easier to do what methodundreg suggested but I always found that to be far too tedious for my liking plus I have a good memory of what my settings looked like before the change.

Another way you could see the differences or what you like to change is take screenshots of the game before you tweaked settings again. Course the image maybe darker or lighter on your computer than if it were uploaded onto the site but shouldn't be too much of a difference.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  6. haints

haints Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD 6290
    Anybody?

7. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I try but I always doubt :p

My preferred method is to run games in windowed mode whenever possible.

Tweak, press scroll lock and see the change real time.

8. lowenz

lowenz Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GeForce 3060
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  9. ninjafada

ninjafada Guest

GPU:
    pny 670
    no it doesn't work with virtu mvp

10. iCroW

iCroW Member

GPU:
    MSI GeForce GTX580 TFIIoc
    With RadeonPro will work.

11. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Eh well everyone does things differently. :p

That... is actually not a bad idea.

12. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Hey guys, been using sweetfx for most of my games now, but there's one in particular I want to use it woth and it seems to fail every time: Battlefield 3. Sometimes it works just fine, sometimes the game hangs or won't even start. Any ideas? I did clean and reinstall punkbuster and I don't get any error message related to it anymore.

13. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I'm trying to use sweetfx 20130601 with Tomb Raider and it's crashing at start up... anyone get it working successfully?

14. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    I am using Boulotaur2024's injector, but now I receive a punkbuster kick 80252 for disallowed Program/Driver randomly while playing games.

I did some research on 80252 PB kick, and it's caused by overlays, maybe Boulotaur2024's injector is registering as a overlay from PunkBuster?

Prior I was using 1.3 and 1.4 SweetFX with no such problem.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

The game is a BF2 Mod called Project Reality when I receive the kick.

Do I have to revert back to CeeJay.dk's injector? I really enjoyed the ability to use in-game MSAA with the shader effects from SweetFX without having to turn MSAA off.

Boulotaur2024's injector is superior because of that reason. I really don't care much for SMAA as I find MSAA still superior to FXAA or SMAA. I hope in future release, the shader effects can be used with ingame MSAA enabled.

15. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I tried 1.4 and worked like a charm.

16. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Just tried 1.4 and it still crashes at startup for me... hmmm... :bang:

Through RadeonPro it works fine though... I guess I'll stick with that.

17. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    how long have you been using his injector on BF2? Does it happen in every PB enabled server with the mod and without?

To be honest it sounds like you are going to have to revert to regular injector.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  18. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Well, why does CeeJay.dk's SweetFX injector work without issue with punkbuster, but Boulotaur2024's injector doesnt?

I am hoping Boulotaur2024 can fix this issue. I believe this has to do with a overlay issue, this can be easily resolved.

19. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Different injection methods if I recall correctly; SweetFX basically is an overlay no matter which injector you use but they don't exactly "work" the same way. CeeJay's relies on the fx files to load the shaders which I assume is then read by the dll's, while Boulotaur's is all in the dll's which I can only assume is why PB has a fit. There could be vast differences under-the-hood of the two methods that could probably tell you why PB registers one but not the other.

20. r3dfield

r3dfield Guest

GPU:
    GTX980 OC@1541Mhz/4001Mhz
    CeeJay's Version causes PB kicks in some games, too! I used it with Call of Duty MW1 and World at War...and got some PB kicks for that. Same Server without injector was fine...when I put it back on, I received kicks again!

AND Battlefield 2 hast even problems with the Steam in-game overlay...at least till the last time I played...so players had to put Steam in-game off. Same with CoD MW1 at some point. Maybe they fixed it meanwhile...but some games are sensible with overlay tools.

Thats why I won't use those injectors with any VAC protected game...or games like Black Ops 2...which has VAC and it's own protection service. If even PB has some problems with it...I wouldn't risk any permanent VAC bans and stuff.

I use SweetFX only in BF3 multiplayer, runs fine there...and some co-op based games like Borderlands and stuff...but mostly for singleplayer games.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.