Nvidia GeForce 326.41 Beta - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 30, 2013.

1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Heaven isn't even a good stability test from what I've seen either.

2. ltte

ltte Member

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1080 PE
    These drivers are not too bad. However, I have negative scaling in f1 2012 with my gtx 690; has anyone else noticed this?. With 314.22 I would get 95 fps average, now I get 75 fps. In single gpu mode I get 87 fps with maximum details 1920x1200 16xqcsaa.

I gained about 4 frames in tomb raider and 1 frame in valley, but lost a couple in metro last light, 3d mark and 3d mark 11 about the same. Also, I had my first metro last light hard crash with these and had to reboot. Although, metro has been buggy since one of the latest patches. Since this patch, I had a driver stopped responding crash with 314.22; so it may be the game causing the problems.

I've noticed winnit eventID 11 errors in the event viewer since installing this driver: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications".

Haven't had any firefox crashes, but haven't been using them for long.

3. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    Yet, I'd strongly suspect hardware fault.[/QUOTE]

LOL! Wrong you are. I been at this game along time building my own systems, and one thing I learned replacing your card does not fix a driver issue. By the way, my hardware is just fine (thanks for asking). I'm the type who doesn't replace my card every time a new game or card comes out, and I never OC any of my hardware, and I don't do benchmarks. I just game.

Batman Arkham City to Zeno Clash 2 never had any problems with my games, drivers, betas drivers, browsers, and freezing desktop until the 320 set made their appearance. Could you please elaborate on why these drivers are freezing users desktops since you are so knowledgeable.

I could had made your long observation short by letting you know I turn off Hardware Acceleration in both Firefox and Chrome. I still get lock-ups in both browsers. In my opinion, it's the drivers.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  4. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    OK but I guess if the card does higher clock at Heaven and doesn't have any problems with other titles then I can assume that even if it hits lower clock at lower voltage sometimes and it doesn't affect stability, its ok.

5. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    If it doesn't, yes. It may be stable at max boost and max voltage but unstable at at lower boost clock and lower voltage though. That's why I fixed my clocks and voltages with a custom BIOS.

6. Argineboy

Argineboy Guest

GPU:
    XFX R7950 @ 1000/1375
    keepers for me :)

7. RaineMagnus

RaineMagnus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 690
    I don't see how my hunch is "wrong". You've not said anything that convinces me that your hardware isn't defective.

Short of telling me that you've already RMA'd your board, attempted using a second, third, etc, I don't see how it'd be possible to know that something isn't faulty. Just because some applications, games, and past-drivers work / have worked correctly doesn't inherently imply that the card has no-defect. To assume this would be faulty logic.

The best example that I can think of here is early AMD Radeons when Doom3 was released... People started complaining immediately after launch about these "white snow artifacts" (white pixels appearing anywhere that post processing was used, such as when looking through glass). They also started blaming Carmack / ID-Software for BSOD's, quoting that their card worked just fine in everything else -- thus it must be 'the game'. There were even reports of "Doom3 killed my videocard".

---Some had success in underclocking, re-pasting their boards, or otherwise cooling them better. And yet on the other-hand some other cards still would run "fine" at the same temperatures. Lots of people RMA'd, problem went away for almost all of them. (It wasn't drivers and it wasn't the game)

Hardware is not perfect ... stability is "subjective" and can only be represented in probability as many overclockers say. There is no such thing as 100% stability, you can only approach absolute stability / lower the odds of failure through redundancy of hardware or multiple executions / runs.

New drivers include optimizations that didn't exist prior, or are just different code. Parts of your hardware are being pushed harder and or in different ways than they've ever been before. Is it that hard to believe that it might be your specific card whenever other people on these forums, including myself, have had similar things happen to us?

That all said... With my first 580 I had no issues aside from Firefox and Visual Studio 2010. Nothing else would cause TDR's or hardlocks (at all). All games including Crysis 2, could be played start-to-end without an issue time and time again, yet 5 minutes in using VS2010 or Firefox would cause a driver crash or the machine to completely freeze / blackscreen.

I never claimed to be all knowing and to have the answer for everyone's situation, I simply was stating an observation and my own personal experience.

In my case, it was my hardware ... I replaced the faulty-card, and my problem went away completely. I'm now problem-free even with the latest drivers, even on my Geforce 580 (which is still in operation in another workstation -- it's left on 24/7).

-My apologies if it comes off another way, yet I'm really not trying to defend NVidia or to say that it's 'impossible' for them to make mistakes / for a bug to actually exist.

Tons of applications on the desktop, including ones that you wouldn't think of (such as Logitech's Control Panel for gaming mice, keyboards, PDANet's tray software, etc) use the GPU and can cause your card to change clock states from time to time.

-Perhaps some application running in the background is causing load on the GPU intermittently? Who knows.

You can use Process Explorer and drill down the vram usage of each process to try to get an idea of which programs might be using your card (when sitting there idle).

Does this mean that you also disabled acceleration in "ALL" plugins (Shockwave, Flash, Silverlight, etc)? Obviously just disabling acceleration in the browser itself wouldn't be sufficient depending on the content.

--Have you also checked on your clocks while surfing or idle? It'd be interesting and might help tracking down the problem if you can log core / mem clock speed up to the point your machine locks up.

And I respect your opinion. I just wish you wouldn't dismiss hardware defect so easily.

No two machines nor hardware are 100% identical ... can't rule out luck / coincidence either.

I can ask a similar question -- since you're so sure that it's the drivers:

-How come my desktop doesn't crash under the 320 series, with a Geforce 690? (it runs 24/7)

-How come ALL of my machines across four different motherboards (ASUS P8C WS, ASUS P6T7 WS, ASUS M488TD-V EVO USB3, and ASUS Sabertooth 990FX) did not crash using Geforce 580's? (again during 24/7 operation)

8. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    S.t.a.l.k.e.r SOC gave te exact same error as people were having with BF3. Got all disorted graphics wise but after an alt-tab everything was fine again. strange... :3eyes:

9. RaineMagnus

RaineMagnus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 690
    This was happening to me in 311.83 and 326.29 under Crysis 3 and Fallout NV with my 690, yet not with my Geforce 580's.

--By distorted graphics, do you mean polygons tearing into infinity?

If you were in fullscreen mode then the D3D API requires an application to release the device when it loses focus. Alt-tabbing out and in (or hitting the Windows key would work too) kindof re-sets everything up / forces the game to re-load all its resources.

10. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    Here we go. You never going to convince me, and I'm never going to convince you. So, lets leave it at that. By the way, I never said I RMA any board, where did you get that information from. I been with Guru3D for about 9 years and only posted maybe 57 times, and never talked about RMA any board. LOL!!! You're delusional. I disable hardware acceleration in Flash, don't use silverlight or shockwave player. I appreciate your help, but I got this cover. It's the driver.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013

11. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Every thing work OK with hardware acceleration in Firefox
    Yours pc sick guys give them pils :D

12. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    Careful Israel what you say about my rig. I'll send Egypt over with their T72s to trash your American made M1A1 Abrams. :biggun:

13. eddieveenstra

eddieveenstra Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780@1150MHz
    Yep thats what happened exactly.:)

14. Repelsteel

Repelsteel Guest

GPU:
    2x MSI GTX980 Gaming 4G
    Been using these drivers since right after the release. So far only played GRID2 for 6 hours straight on release day. Haven't had time to test any further. Same temps, no crashes. Only quirk is that yesterday and the day before after boot my taskbar went one notch up, today it didn't do that:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5092525/quirk.png

15. natural1derment

natural1derment Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    So you fixed all the bugs from last time except the one that matters, the VirtuaMVP error.

[​IMG]

16. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Then I'll say it for him. Sounds like you have some hardware compatibility issues. Could be from anywhere to OC on memory,cpu,gpu. to a single bad sector on an HDD.

IT could even be one stick of bad memory.

I had firefox issues until I switched out my memory kits. Now its fine, I also thought it was the driver a long time ago.

Everything in Firefox/flash/silverlight is working fine on this end. I use the latest flash beta.

17. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    Same fix applies for previous version.

Copy from lucid folder EKC64 dll to system32
    Copy from lucid folder EKC32 dll to syswow64

Solved

18. Xploder

Xploder Member

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX1080 A8G
    Still hardlocks, cursor freezes, bsods with 560Ti.
    Only driver working now is 314.22.

Come on guys - this is by far the most popular dedicated GPU on the steam survey and you even distributed a freezing driver via Windows Update now.

The result of that is that people in forums all over the place are complaining about unstable systems, worried about defective RAM/MB/CPU. If I see that they're using a 560Ti I only have to ask them to install 314.22 and their problems go away.
    Some guy on Computerbase (German forum) even bought new parts thinking his RAM was faulty before figuring out it was the 320+ driver (I think he owns a 460).

Good thing I'm not a fanboy so I will seriously consider going red when the BF4 bundles come out.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  19. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    AMD did the same thing to their older series of cards when the HD 7000's came out. Don't think it's just Nvidia. I know this since I owned two HD 7970's at launch in Crossfire. People in forums everywhere complained about problems with drivers with the HD 5000 and HD 6000 series and under.

So you may ask, if you had two HD 7970's in CrossfireX, why did you get a GTX 780? Less heat/power, and one GTX 780 at 1150 core is doing at 1080p 144hz, that took two 7970's to do. I also banked in on selling both cards.

It's all about the new hardware for the first few months on both teams. It's always been this way, just they have more to chew on so it's taking a bit longer for stability, yet again on both sides Nvidia and AMD.

I rotate camps every generation of cards. So I know from experience a lot from both sides of the camps in the threads. It's the same everywhere. Both teams ignore lower series of cards at a new cards launch until they sort out major issues with new tech. Then they start to focus on older series for support/compatibility.

I'm not saying your PC sucks. So please don't go saying anything like that, I never said it, and never implied it. Just read carefully my response and understand its an explanation, not a flame. :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Calm down, I had a terrible time with my old HD 4870 with any driver after 8.12. Both have their hits and misses.