What happened to NVIDIA?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by moab600, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    You can Increase power target 100 % fans and a bit of extra voltage to increase clocks around 39 to 52 mhz on the core

2. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Bull****.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    ^I don't think that was a serious post.

4. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I hope so.

5. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Actually for once i do agree as Nvidia's drivers as of lately have been average at best or worse. I cant remember a bad batch of drivers since the 190.** to the 195.**. I dont remember them being as bad as the 320.00's either. Even the drivers that came before that wasnt great... Nvidia need to get there drivers working nicely again as every single one of them lately is hit or miss in one way or another.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  6. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    I skipped a few drivers in the 266.58 era with sli 580. I kept going back to 266.58 just like 314.22. So its happened before at least for me. These problems seem co coinside with the 700 series release

7. omnimodis78

omnimodis78 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080FTW
    I haven't experienced anything unusual with any of the recent drivers. Remember Me played as it should have, and I only saw 2 "driver restarted" messages, but only when I was pushing some overclocking limits. I have been following a few threads on this, and it seems like most people who have problems are running Fermi chips, but I haven't picked up on any other pattern beside that...and that too might just be coincidence.

8. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    I play games with nvidia cards more than 8 years. Most of the games works fine with SLI and single card. My firt nvidia card is a fx400, second a 6600 and 3e a 7900 a 4e 8800gtx, 5e a 8800gt sli, 6e a gtx380 sli, 7e ATI 5870 cf, 8 gtx580 sli, 9 680gtx sli end now gtx780 sli.

Im getting most problems with the ATI 5870 cf (only with cf enabled and only in bfbc2) and over al the years works nvidia drivers very good, almost no problems.

9. Some Dillweed

Some Dillweed Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    No, there are lots of people who experience this on the new 700 series cards, as well as some on 600 series. I've experienced it on both my GTX 580 and now GTX 770, so it's not specific to one GPU family.

10. RaineMagnus

RaineMagnus Guest

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 690
    I'll admit that I've been having issues with NVidia's drivers since TombRaider 2013... For that game I had to downgrade to the latest R310 branch in order to complete the game without shutting off the DX11 features to not have my machine hardlock (Tessellation, TresFX, etc). Admittedly though, NVidia "fixed" this within a month after launch, and the game works "perfect" now (even in 2560x1600, something that I can't say for AMD).

While there's been repeated hardlock / driver crash / TDR issues with several major titles throughout the year, the majority of games work flawlessly with R320 / 326 (it's just a few problematic titles).

*It's a bit concerning that R310 doesn't have "any" issues with said releases whereas the new drivers do ... yet it's still nowhere near as bad as if you owned a Tri-Fire / Quad-Fire CFX setup back in the days of the Radeon 5870's.

--Anyone remember being stuck on the 10.4b drivers for over a year? I sure do.

imo -- The situation is MUCH MUCH better than the AMD side, even with the recent driver / game issues, if you're a multi-GPU user.

(This is speaking from experience owning both a 7990 and a Geforce 690 right now)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.