AMD Catalyst 13.x (13.150.100.1) OpenGL 4.3 Beta Driver

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jul 23, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    It looks like the ability to downsample has now been COMPLETELY removed from these drivers. The work around of installing the 12.11s does not work with these anymore.

I wonder why AMD doesn't want people downsampling... they suck!

2. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Amd have said, it's not there problem. It's the dev who built the app needs to fix it.

3. Pestul

Pestul Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 970
    Or they could, you know, just include downsampling in their official releases. It has become quite popular in the past few years.

4. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    Obviously it's not their problem. Why would they care about anything that has to do with a third party app?

It stops working after the new drivers for this year are rolled out and then later down the road, after a fix is found to get it to work... that fix stops working! Obviously they have nothing to do with that at all. Since they're only the ones who are making the drivers. :bang:

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its not going to happen, SSAA is their solution.

6. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Sweet! Finally openGL 4.3 drivers!

Only a year late!

Oh look, windows OpenGL 4.4 came out today

Gee wilikers I wonder when that will get a driver out! ;D

In all seriousness, I love new drivers, but come on, the timing is hilarious

7. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Why does "everybody" want OpenGL 4.3 there are hardly any games or apps supporting it?

8. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Is there multithreading support for opengl here yet? :D

9. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    TY asder for the release, but I think I'll pass.

Frame Pacing driver is (supposedly) only one week away.

Hope it includes OGL4.3.

10. Valagard

Valagard Guest

You just answered your own question

Because there is no drivers for it

Why make something with API that a industry doesn't support?

11. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    yeah right... but ssaa don't work in so many games. Not even to mention that forcing anything with ccc is near impossible.
    I have even tried radeonpro and ssaa don't work in games that need it most

12. Rivers23

Rivers23 Member

GPU:
    amd 7670m
    I have a question regarding Toshiba laptops and AMD drivers. Am I better off installing these drivers or those provided by Toshiba? I mean, I've installed these drivers and my device manager shows the correct driver date, I have no reason to believe these drivers did not install successfully.

But, I wonder if Toshiba drivers would better, even though they're several months older. Could it be that drivers not provided by Toshiba don't use the capacity of my GPU fully or correctly? I've read somewhere that Toshiba codes their drivers so the GPU won't overheat and so it would work better with other hardware. I'd appreciate any clarification.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  13. forceware

forceware Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6750m
    Anyone tested this driver with a Switchable Graphics notebook?

14. MWisBest

MWisBest Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6620G+6750M
    Considering the fact that you called it "windows OpenGL", you have absolutely no business complaining about it.

Seriously, I don't understand why people are bashing this being only OpenGL 4.3 when the 4.4 specification was released today. The reason Nvidia gets out betas of the newest OpenGL specifications so fast is because they cut corners and don't follow the spec like they're supposed to, causing headaches for developers, including AMD, as AMD then usually ends up adding a workaround for Nvidia's mistakes that end up becoming the way people develop things.

Also, I don't even think Intel has gotten past the 4.0 spec yet. Go yell at them instead.

15. kpo6969

kpo6969 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming
    Exactly

Nvidia release 326.29

16. Anvi

Anvi Guest

GPU:
    R9 390 8GB
    July is about to end. I wonder if we'll see the stutter fix drivers in 1 week as promised.

17. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Any link for source?

18. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Nice, many thanks to the OP once again.

:D

19. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Oh god, thanks for completely invalidating my entire point cause I made a small mistake and said "Windows openGL"

Oh lord forgive me! I am but a fountain of misery and poor knowledge! My kind would be better off extinguished from this world!

20. Valagard

Valagard Guest

Not to be "That guy" but I'd rather take ATI's "We are hilariously late as supporting a well defined OpenGL 4.2 standard" then Nvidia's "Look! We got the support out first! What your openGL 4.2 apps don't work?! Its not our fault! Oh wait, it is our fault, here here's another driver version! What doesn't work either? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, No? Ok try this one, oh it works finally? Great! Best driver team ever!"

Nvidia isn't like that with DirectX but, damn, when I owned nvidia cards their support of openGL with drivers was always like playing russian roulette

Not to say AMD is exempt from this, we all remember the driver like 3-4 months ago which AMD said "Improved openGL performance significantly", which is funny cause no openGL apps would work at all period ;D