Microsoft says Xbox 360 is its product for people who can't go online

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Alexraptor

Alexraptor Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080, 8192MB
    The problem with Xbox One is its ARTIFICIAL Online requirement.
    Thats what people really hate with it.
    There exists no valid reason whatsoever from the customers standpoint to be forced to connect daily for authentication.
    Its just BS and serves no other purpose than to give M$ more "control".

They are doubly retarded because the Xbox 360 is NOT in any way a valid substitute, as you will never be able to play the new Next-Gen games on it.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Plus M$ will drop all support for the 360 within a year. No new accessories available no new games.

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It's so absolutely preposterous that it's as if they're trying to fail.

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Oh but why would I want to live in those places? :p

5. Alasander

Alasander Guest

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 680GTX
    is anyone else waiting for Microsoft to announce "XBox Classic" Im having major marketing flashbacks here.

(for our younger viewers, Coca Cola changed the formula of Coke in the 80's and had a huge marketing campaign that failed spectacularly and completely. a couple of months later they changed everything back and announced the old formula as "Coke Classic")

6. Alasander

Alasander Guest

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 680GTX
    look on the map further up the page. You are excluded as well.

7. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    i think the smiley make it kind of a not serious reply

8. Alasander

Alasander Guest

GPU:
    Asus Geforce 680GTX
    D'oh didnt see the smiley

9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Adam Orth said that .. lol.

10. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    Indeed.

11. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    If you stick a knife into someone, you will do tissue damage; if you twist the knife and yank it out, it will never heal, it will leave a scar and unless medical assistance is sought they can bleed out and die.

Most people need a large hunting knife to have this effect, Micro$oft just needed a pen knife. What's staggering is they stuck it into themselves, and continue to keep sharpening it.

12. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Well, I'm no console gamer anyway, but if this isn't going to be a total earthshaking win for Sony, then the userbase is even dumber than I thought. MS keep moving in all the wrong directions in all aspects.

13. Weecka

Weecka Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX4080 OC
    This is just the same as saying F YOU to all the Xbox fans who were expecting new console but like to travel, play offline.

14. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Wow, just wow. Microsoft is literally telling people that the "solution" to not having constant internet is to just not play any new games ever (ie stick with the 360).

They are getting worse and worse and worse, and I'm not a habitual b*!@&er either... I'm honestly somewhat dumbfounded at what they are doing.

*Disclaimer - I am not a console player and never will be, so I have no preconceived notions about either XBOX or PS# whatsoever.

15. DEG20

DEG20 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTS450 1G
    Even if I can be online 24h I don't want a steam-like system for me console, steam control is too much, security seem to be the main reason for this but there is still a lot of countries with no support at all from xbox or PS and by that they are hurting their sales more than they think.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Microsoft is still got the mentally it our way or your **** off i see. Even Steam on PC has an offline mode.

I enjoy watching MS digg there own grave. But they seem to be doing purposely of late.
    Sure Most things are online these days. Im sorry but to me console is for GAMING with anything online being bonus, Not that I use my console for online gaming that is what my PC is for. I miss the old days of pop the disk/cartridge in the system and just play. They made things way to complicated now cause ONLINE. Patch this patch that install this. Games released not properly debugged and patch some time down the line if we lucky.

I wish Consoles would be about the games first and online last. IT more about Online first then the gaming as of late

And MS been doing alot force feeding as of late what are they trying to be APPLE now?

17. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    If only MS had Apple's execution.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    CliffyB at it again.

His complaints sound silly to me too.

And here's Jim Sterling. Thank god for him.

http://www.destructoid.com/used-games-and-aaa-games-are-incompatible-good--256227.phtml

19. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    when the xbox standardizes this always online thing, then sony is gonna cry and release a fw update if they dont want to get obsolete, this benefits developers and of course they gonna make that clear pushing all efforts in xbox direction if sony insists

about that +100$ im not console gamer and im not gonna buy it anyway but i would gladly pay that extra for kinect and the microsoft ecosystem, what does sony offers that ms doesnt do better? the xbox one is a more complete package almost in every way i see it, and it plans are to do more than just gaming, i can see my mom buying this thing for watching movies and shows checking fb/twitter and all that, almost everyone with an hdtv can enjoy it, i cant say the same with the ps4

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    If they did MS would charge **** ton more for there crap. And sue everyone and anything that remotely looks like there stuff. I not sure who would be worse if both APPLE and MS where like that. I mean if it wasnt for the fact every damn PC game runs off MS OS I would boycott MS like I boycott APPLE but that cant be done if one want to game on PC.

MS can sorta get away with this crap on PC's cause they have monopoly/Strangle hold on all things PC and PC Gaming simple cause there OS is the Defacto OS plain and simple. They dont Rule Consoles or have monopoly on them they cant pull the same crap they do on PC end on Console end. And ignore the hole they dig like they can on PC end cause there OS is the defacto OS special when it comes to gaming. seeing there are 2 other makers . More if you count the Oyuo? Nvidia shield? SteamBox?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013