Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 23, 2013.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Yes, it was installed for the first time actually since I'm using a new build but I uninstalled and reinstalled it. I am running EVGA Precision X's OSD but it only shows when I run the 32-bit executable (it doesn't support 64-bit executables, I believe). I do not use FRAPS.

2. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Im having that freeze at the same moment as you Darren, 311.70 here.
    Win7 64
    i will try with 320.18 now

Edit: no more freeze at all after installing 320.18.

But theres something wrong with surround on this demo: the image isn't complete, when focusing on hair, there misses the low part of the full image ..

weird

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  3. Handrox

Handrox Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW

I know it only works on 32bit, but still totally off the display of information and try to run the New Dawn. This new version of the display Riva Tunner had conflicts with various applications including games, so I'm using versions previous to today.

Forgive me my bad english, is not my natural language. I hope it help.

4. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    @ Handrox - Your English is fine, no apologies needed at all. I'm a great admirer of people who can communicate in two languagaes, mainly because I can barely cope with one! :)

5. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Again, thank you for sharing this. It is interesting that you got the same problem on a different operating system and driver version. I am using the 320.18 drivers though and have not tried any earlier ones, mainly because I was hoping for a newer release (with the promised Sniper Elite V2/NZA Advanced Shadows bug fixes) to have been out by now since ManuelG said a beta driver would be out around the middle of the month.

One thing I did not check was if I'm using an older build of the A New Dawn demo and if has been updated since the original one I downloaded at release and kept in my backups. This is because I reinstalled the NVIDIA Design Garage (ray-tracing) demo last night as well and that crashed on launching, just as it did on my last build actually. I checked online and it seems that build was from November 2009 and there was a newer version 1.2. I installed that and the Design Garage now works perfectly.

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Picked up a GTX 770 yesterday and installed this driver. Ran 3DMark 11, A New Dawn, played Crysis 3, Tomb Raider and Metro LL (each for about 20 min) and everything ran flawlessly. I think I'm going to stick with this driver.

7. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Some of you are playing with fire just keeping the driver installed!

8. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    My temps are fine.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    My GTX 780 barely goes over 65 C in any game, even Crysis 3 and Metro: Last Light, with the manual fan profile I'm using and is still extremely quiet too. The default fan profile is just too relaxed IMO, favouring higher 80 C temperatures over fan noise when the fan actually isn't that loud anyway. In my opinion, obviously.

I was actually one of the people that used NVIDIA's infamous 196.xx driver when I had my GTX 280, you know the one that stopped the fans working, but I was fortunately using RivaTuner 2.2.4c at the time with a custom fan profile. The advantage of using a custom profile is not just to keep temperatures lower but also if the driver somehow stops the fans working normally. I still believe that using RivaTuner is what saved my card from being damaged back then.

10. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    howdy (long time listener first time caller, sort of)

if i may be so bold as to ask a favor and see if i correctly found the needed additions to mod the inf for other than the 322.18 drivers by giving them a whirl with a previous driver i would be so grateful:
    [NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.0]
    %NVIDIA_DEV.1184% = Section022, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1184

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.1]
    %NVIDIA_DEV.1184% = Section066, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1184

[NVIDIA_SetA_Devices.NTamd64.6.2]
    %NVIDIA_DEV.1184% = Section067, PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1184

[STRINGS]
    NVIDIA_DEV.1184 = "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770"

i believe those are the exact and only differences from the 320.18 that was on nvidia's site before the 770 was added. i'd give them a try myself but i do not have a 770 but this isn't about myself but those that are concerned about the FUD going about with these drivers killing GPUs and would feel better having another choice.

won't blame you if you're happy with how things are for yourself and your more focused on getting your new component squared away first.

thanks for your time.

oh, you want to see a before/after for laura croft?
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/laurakz.jpg/

cheers.

edit: ooppsie sorry about the long post just saw your's at:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=4616671#post4616671

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    No probs. Just tried 314.22 and works fine. But fan speeds not same as newer drivers for the 770. 20% idle vs 34% and 48% vs 60% load. But shouldnt be a problem, older driver actually keeps the card cooler at load. Ran 3dmark 11 got 10075 for 314.22 vs 10,255 for 320.18. Will go back to 320.18 as I usually stick with latest drivers.

12. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    Just tested it and works fine on my system. Might be a driver related issue or physx is not enabled/installed. Try different versions of physx to see whether it helps because this demo depends heavily on physx.

13. Soundcreepy

Soundcreepy Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 780 Enthusiast 3gb
    *sigh*

Can you back this up with ANYTHING?

I used to be afraid of this driver because its been proclaimed a driver of death by some unfortunate souls. However, temps haven't gone up since 314.22, voltage is normal, fans are normal, and I am gaining more frames in just about every game. Only game that is giving me issues is Metro 2033 and thats no biggie at the moment.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Actually there have been issues with this driver for many people, incl as some claim "dead cards". Even though I dont connect 'dead cards' to this driver, it seems to have caused concern for many people. Most of the complaints or issues I've encountered so far seem to be at Nvidias forum.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-xx-display-driver-stability-feedback-thread/

15. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    I'm seeing a lot of dead cards popping up on a lot of forums suddenly, more than you normally see.
    And they all have one thing in common: 320.18.
    I'm sceptical aswell, but I'm not going to risk it... Something is definitly up.
    Could be all coincidence, but what if it isn't?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013

16. looniam

looniam Guest

GPU:
    RTX3060 bcuz
    ^ i thank you so much for this! :thumbup:

17. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I was running v1.05 but it turns out that the latest version is 1.07, which I downloaded and installed. Sadly, that still freezes in the same place. I've tried over 40 games now and numerous benchmarks and all of them work perfectly so if it isn't an issue with the driver then it must be some incompatibility issue with the Z87 chipset or something. PhysX is installed by the way.

Thanks for testing it though.

18. bigcid1

bigcid1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070 Ti
    I have the 320.14 or 18 drivers installed ,nero bluray player will not play any BR discs
    I have to turn off hardware acceleration and put it on software
    if I load 314.22 drivers all hardware acceleration is fine
    Is anyone else having these issues?

19. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Honestly I don't think you have to worry about the new drivers with your card. If I read correctly, the dead card issues are popping up with the older cards, like the 4XX and 5XX series cards and some 580's. And most likely are just age issues, bad/weak PSU's etc.

What I am seeing with the newer drivers are stability/texture issues. You can try them and see for yourself, if you don't like them, you can always revert back.

The bottom line is, if you're not having issues with the games you are playing there is no need to upgrade your drivers.

Edit: my post sounded like I was agreeing that the driver was the problem when that has not been proven in any way.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  20. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Saw another post like yours at the Geforce forums. So I'm guessing this is a bug with the 320.xx drivers.

Just wait for the next release and see, it should get sorted hopefully.