I don't understand what I am doing wrong in Crysis 3

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by StealBalls, Jun 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    FPS just PLUMMETS for no, and I mean NO reason.

it does not do this all the time but, in several places, including early on in the room just before you take out your first enemy, if I move around a bit FPS plummets into the 30's. (from 100)

GPU power is not being taxed.

I have AA disabled and use HIGH (not very high) textures and HIGH (not very high) system settings.

I have tried for months now, on and off, including a complete system overhaul with 2 changes of GPUS's and MULTIPLE re-installs of the game and windows.

Are you people LYING!? DOES it actually run so amazingly for you all? coz I am tested to the max with this BS game, and people just keep saying "runs fine for me!"

All I can think, is fine for you, is not fine for me? BF3, that runs fine (if not excellent) for me, Metro last light, that runs FINE for me, hell even Crysis 2 runs good. But Crysis 3 is BROKE AS HELL!!

I now await the "it's YOU, it's YOU SYSTEM" I have been getting every single time I have expressed my extreme frustration with this game.

Oh and I occasionally get thrown in there the old, "it's a crap game anyway uninstall it"

I have tried disabling VSYNC (LOL) just to see, and even my frame rate limiter to let the FPS run free.

Lets be honest though, nobody and i mean NOOOOBODYYYY (possibly in the world? lol) plays like me.

High end system - CHECK
    Controller - CHECK
    55" HDTV 1080p 60hz - CHECK
    HDMI HD Audio - CHECK
    60FPS CAP - CHECK
    VSYNC ON - CHECK.

I hate being individual.

Anybody who does not empathize let me remind you of what it is like to be me, I put my money that MOST of you on here have had a game you really want to play but have a great deal of trouble getting it to run right, and the reason has been because of the consoles, it's a bad port, and you have felt ostracized because you are different and have a nice PC INSTEAD of the COMMON console.

So before you feel nothing for me, think back, same thing, just different.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    Mr Individual,

What res you playing at on your 55" (guessing HDTV = 1080 ?)

I don't think you're alone - there have been quite a few threads regarding dropping FPS on C3.

Usual questions - HT on? Latest C3 patches installed ? i think it's 1.4 ?

3. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    1080p

HT ON

Patches up to date via origin.

4. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    I have the same problem but with 2 different games.

I have it in Planetside 2 and Metro LL. Running with rig in the sig and 314.22
    When i play for a few min my fps drops and when i look at afterburner OSD i see that %power drops to 30% or even below.

I have to alt-tab or restart the game to fix the issue. Getting really tired of this.

5. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    Try setting everything to low or off.
    See if you still have FPS drops.
    If you do - the something isn't right with your setup.
    If there are no FPS drops, slowly increase settings individual to pin point the issue.
    This is tedious - but its only advice I can think of right now.

6. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    Also check the temps of your cards (esp. since you got two in SLI), could be that your cards get throttled? monitor your cards clock speeds while you're playing ...

7. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Repeating yourself and creating new threads wont change anything. It's the way it is, deal with it!

You need to get over your OCD. That's the best advice I can give you because you will not solve your 'problem' in a computer technical way.

8. War child

War child Master Guru

GPU:
    3090Ti Suprim X
    hah I had this happen in every game until I realised there was a .exe file named rember.exe causing the issue. Once Avast removed this my crysis 3 stopped dropping in random places.

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    just wondering why you have titan sli for 1080p. Bit pointless no?

sell one of the titans might solve your problems.

10. COD4000

COD4000 Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 4090
    Not pointless for Crysis 3 maxed out.

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    surely one is enough @1080p? i suppose there's a couple of games that are demanding but at that res titan sli is in my opinion overkill.

maybe the op can try running the game with just one Titan and see if it's better.

12. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    It's not.

I'll provide an FPS graph to show what OP is talking about. Seems like nobody is taking the time to understand what's happening.

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Whilst I feel for you having so many problems with this game, it also makes me feel pretty good that my 7970 at max settings 4xmsaa never drops below 30fps which for this card is very good indeed. You should EASILY be maxing this game with 80+fps if not over 100fps at 1080p with two TITANS.

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Found this thread here where SLI-756 reported fixing the slowdown issue on his PC after messing with the CVars.

Give it a read and see if it helps. He knows his smooth gaming.

Try this too.

15. brendanvista

brendanvista Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    There was a bug in at least the initial release involving something with some ropes or transparent textures or something in the game that made framerates tank completely. I think they fixed it with patches though.

16. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    MANY THANKS GUYS (some of you)

No ****.

Heroic stuff yasamoka much appreciated, I have bookmarked those sites and had a little read through but clearly will need to set aside some good time to start trouble shooting with some of the new information or things to try.

Shame I have to go through this though, and not Crytek.

There is nothing wrong with my PC, lets end that there, and there is nothing wrong with how I want to play either! it's not even half close to unrealistic expectations, how about that?

Let's face up that the problem is not me, it's the game, some people on here need to stop talking scheisse to me like I am some bad guy with bad attitude or something, it's called frustration after spending good money on a top PC and being let down by scheisse that is not my fault.

Go play with your mouse and your uncapped jerky ass FPS flying from 80-150 with VSYNC off on ur tiny monitors I have NO PROBLEM with that, but stop bustin my nads coz I expect a super popular, massive title like CRYSIS 3, to run smooth on a system like mine at 60FPS (not 120, not 100, just 60) on sensible details with AA disabled.

What about it.

And yes, people need to vent sometimes when scheisse like this drags on and on and much like Borderlands 2 it will not be fixed because only 5% can clearly see something is wrong.

[​IMG]

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    no need to be a dick op.

was making a suggestion as well re trying one gpu. ofc i realise it must be irritating not to get a game to run how you want and considering you have one of the best gpu setups around even more so.

18. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    oh chill out tosh just having a bit of fun.

19. Dillinger

Dillinger Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I've experienced the same thing a few times.

-Favorite game doesn't run great.
    -Upgrades hardware
    -Game doesn't run 100% smooth after re-installing everything & using all tweaks available.
    -People saying "runs fine, I get 100 fps constant on maxed settings"

They're either lying or their play style is drastically different, either way I couldn't care less at this point.

20. Supernoob2286

Supernoob2286 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE SLI 2GB

I guess some people are satisfied with no AA and 35fps? Others like to play PC games the way PC games are meant to be played ALL settings MAX 60fps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.