Nvidia GeForce 320.18 WHQL Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by stasio, May 23, 2013.

1. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    are all 320.xx compatible with gtx770?
    Cos I really don't know what to install when my card arrives :bang:

2. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    According to Nvidias driver page, only the 320.18 is available for the 770. But there are ways around it, ie, use a modded INF for 320.14 or 314.22.

3. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    I've heard about that, but does it work properly?
    thanks

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I think it should, but you need to seek out other 770 owners and ask them.

5. geronimo666

geronimo666 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI rx6800 Gam. Z T
    let's hope they see this thread and comment ;-).
    thank you.

6. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Sniper elite v2 AND Crysis 3 adaptive v sync not working, need to set a framerate limit or else gpu goes into flatline.
    using a 60hz monitor OCed to 65hz :p

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    As a first step, I'd set everything including CPU, to stock clocks and verify that isn't an issue.

8. Handrox

Handrox Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    experiment with off FRAPS, MSI AB or EVGA Precison at least the demo data on the screen, some versions cause conflicts with some games or other 3D applications

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thanks Darren :)

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've just rebuilt my PC with an i7-4770K and a fresh Windows 8 Pro install. I'm just installing some demos and benchmarks and running them, as you do.

I tried NVIDIA's A New Dawn demo but it repeatedly causes the driver to stop responding and recover at the point where Dawn's wings are just coming into view. This happens whether I'm at stock on my GTX 780 or overclocked so I can only assume it is yet another driver bug!!! It's quite embarrassing that all the AMD ones I've tried (Leo, Ladybug, etc.) all run perfectly but one of NVIDIA's own doesn't with these drivers. For shame!

Could someone else please check this demo with these drivers please to confirm this issue?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

11. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    New Dawn working fine over here on Win 7 64 bit.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Use the 32bit exe and it runs fine on my setup.

13. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    working ok for me. :)

14. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    some new notice for new drivers????
    I always use nvidia cards, but fix that mess soon :bang::bang:

15. Handrox

Handrox Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I tested this here and everything is normal.

[​IMG]

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
  17. Handrox

Handrox Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
  18. slayer6288

slayer6288 Active Member

GPU:
    2080 TI
    I am confused. Why did you ask for help if this is occurring with anyone else's Pc if all you were going to do when people did for you and said it is running fine was to get all defensive and snooty and reply I am not alone with this heres a link. I dont get it?

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I think you need to reformat your pc as i think you said you've had the same installed OS since 2008, you just moved it around over the years using software like Acronis. Maybe a fresh installation will help, i think that it will.

Also when you get sfc /scannow errors they can be repaired but its just easier and faster to backup/reinstall OS. These errors can cause a BSOD when playing certain games.

20. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sorry, what are you on about? I reported an issue, someone else checked and said theirs was fine and I then found a thread with two people with the same issue as me (the demo freezes in the exact same place). I was just reporting facts and was not getting 'defensive' at all. What am I supposed to say exactly? I'm trying to ascertain why the demo is freezing on my system, that's all. Isolating these kinds of issues can be near impossible if no-one else reports the same ones you're happening to have, which is why I was glad I was not alone in this case and mentioned it here. If it works for someone else then that's great, I'm certainly not saying that they're lying or anything. I really do not get where the 'defensive' and 'snooty' are supposed to be coming from. I think that says more about your attitude than mine personally. :3eyes:

@ Veteran - I did not use the Acronis backup. I decided it was going to be potentially too problematic, especially as at the time I did the backup on my old machine I had unresolved issues with winlogon.exe and ngen.exe causing high CPU usage. I thought it best to do a clean install then restore my settings using Windows Easy Transfer. Thankfully, that method worked fine. My Windows 8 Pro install is a *fresh* install with a new non-elevated admin account converted to Microsoft account. All the issues from my previous PC have been fixed, including the winlogon.exe/ngen.exe high CPU usage bugs because it is a completely new install. Besides when I last ran A New Dawn on GTX 680 SLI it was working perfectly fine on my old system. Whatever is causing the issue on my new system seems, at a guess, possibly due to using a new motherboard with my GTX 780. Maybe it is some kind of incompatibility?

P.S. I have not had a single BSOD or system freeze on my new build; it appears to be 100% stable, granted I am running everything at stock speeds at the moment. The issue with A New Dawn causes the driver to stop working and restart according to the Event log but I can still use Task Manager to close the demo down. I've ran numerous benchmarks and games so far and the majority of them are working without issue, including Heaven, 3DMark, 3DMark11, GRID2, BioShock Infinite, Dead Island, Aliens vs. Predator (with Advanced Shadows off!!!) and Resident Evil: Revelations to name but a few. Those are Steam games obviously, which did not require me to reinstall them on my clean Windows install.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to test A New Dawn for me. Much appreciated. :)

Last edited: Jun 13, 2013