RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    :banana:

You're welcome. I don't know how to make Maximus Arcade work, if it is free I can have a look at it when I get a chance. Just let me know where I can download it.

RadeonPro does not work with Metro 2033 in DX9.

Just sent you a PM :)

http://www.radeonpro.info/manual/contents/the-tweaks-tab
    See MVPU mode, just choose Disable Crossfire and it's done.

2. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    Thought as much, such a shame too because the game runs twice as good in DX9... :(

No idea why but I get like half the fps in DX10/11. (Even with the advanced DX11 effects disabled)

3. Shaneus

Shaneus Master Guru

GPU:
    5970/5850 TFX 899/1150
    I too would like to join this list. Except it would only be my second donation. I really should work on that!

Hell, I'll donate anyway. Haven't shown Mr. John enough love lately!

4. Deathbliss

Deathbliss Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 7870HD GHz Ed
    Hey I wanted to say thanks for this great program! Yours is the only program I have found so far that can take shots in-game - AWESOME!

Have a question about the screenshot function. I would like to have the mouse cursor hidden, be able to toggle it on or off when the shot is taken. Is there any way do this? I couldn't find it on the options but I though I would ask. if there isn't, consider this a request for that functionality to be added in your next release. Oh and add toggling the sound effect on and off to that list as well.

Thanks!

5. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Don't worry, you guys participating in this thread are already enlisted for the closed beta that should begin in a couple of months. And there are a lot of new things I'm planning for RadeonPro infinity, I am very confident you won't regret waiting for it a little longer :)

Thanks but are you serious about RP being the only program that can take screenshots in-game? :O

About your request, I'll see if it can be done.

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    That little screenshot looks like something even more amazing is coming and I can't wait!
    :D

Thanks John!!!

7. asskicker2

asskicker2 Guest

GPU:
    b
    That preview looks amazing, you're doing such a great job here! :)

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    what is up with the current trend of adding infinity to the end of everything?

9. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Infinity (symbol: ∞) refers to something without any limit, and is a concept relevant in a number of fields, predominantly mathematics and physics. The English word infinity derives from Latin infinitas, which can be translated as "unboundedness", itself calqued from the Greek word apeiros, meaning "endless".

Just a replacement (or maybe a complement) for the word unleashed I've been using. If there's a trend in using that word, I wasn't aware.

10. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    There is no trend i'm aware of. Just some rumors about the new Xbox's name.

Your little preview looks really nice! Looks like it's made for Win 8 in mind.

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    yeah, ive seen it used a lot lately...

12. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Indeed preview looks amazing. :)

13. FRN2003ita

FRN2003ita Guest

GPU:
    ati 7970
    I wanted to ask one thing, I installed the latest version of RP but I do not work anymore the SMAA, perhaps something wrong I saw that there are new settings, with the old version of RP without putting him on ultra settings and I worked quietly , the game is call of juarez the last ....

14. xNAPx

xNAPx Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 Lightning
    please insert me in that beta list too :) i'll be happy to make some donation either

15. lycanwrath

lycanwrath Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX480 8GB ref
    Infinity sure does look very promising :)

16. Deathbliss

Deathbliss Member

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 7870HD GHz Ed
    Yes, I am sure. I tried Greenshot, Gadwin Print Screen, Screen Shooter and a bunch of others - probably half a dozen in all. None of them could take a screenshot while I was in-game. Some didn't have the basic options I wanted like setting the location for the settings, hiding the mouse cursor and using a hot key. I stuck with free stuff under 3 megs in size. Haven't tried the bloatware options, but that's next.

So at least for my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-biot machine your program is the only game in town, so far. Looking forward to seeing your next release, and hopefully the hide mouse cursor option. You may also want to make a 64 bit install and a 32 bit install so folks like me on a 64 bit6 machine don't have to have two instances of the programming running.

Later!

17. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Have you tried Evolve, Xfire, Raptr, Steam, Origin, or MSI Afterburner? I can at least vouch for Evolve, Steam, and Afterburner working for 90%+ of games I've tried lol

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Works for me in Call of Juarez Gunslinger if that was the game you mentioned.

I see, you missed the most commonly used tools like FRAPS, Msi Afterburner, Steam, XFire etc. they all can take screenshots and most of them can also record movies like RadeonPro.

The "hide cursor" option might not be available depending on game, I need to research about it. RP already ships in both 32 and 64-bit modules, you just need to activate the 64-bit one :)

19. plywood99

plywood99 Guest

Having trouble with Aion.

Been playing Aion for a while and using it with RadeonPro and also Autohotkey to simplify logging in and to place my wings on mouse buttons. I just did a total format install of Windows 8 again, as I routinely do every few months.

Problem is now I can't get RP to work with Aion and I have no idea what changed. Even Autohotkey isn't working now. The main exe for Aion has the .bin extention. If I rename the .bin to .exe then both RP and AH work, but I get an error trying to log in to Aion "Can not connect to the authorization server."

I've no clue what changed or what happened from my old install to the new install.

My OS is Windows 8 64 bit edition.

You guys have any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
  20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Add a profile using the .bin file by typing *.bin while choosing the executable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.