Remember Me

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by nanogenesis, Jun 5, 2013.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    That TexMod package I did should work though it's a bit cumbersome compared to just changing a ini file or other setting. :)

Here's a comparison:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  2. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    woow, very nice Jonas :)
    did i miss it? how do i get rid of teh grain?
    u got that texmod files, teh tool i got here..used it for ME3, hehe...

anyway, Great work and Infos Jonas, as allways ;)

Greetz BetA

edit:
    bwahhh, sry JOnas, i could just scrool up a bit hehe..I see ur post now..

3. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It's easy to miss posts and I should probably have done the comparisons directly since images stand out a bit more, it's unfortunate though also fortunate that the game is limited to DirectX 9 so that TexMod works thus editing the game textures for like in this case Unreal Engine 3 titles, I tried this program initially since it's more recent and the v.2 builds should support DirectX 8, 10 and 11 but it's too unstable.
    (Tessellation could have fixed the lower quality 3D models if it had been available, MSAA could have been viable as well, then there's SSAO improvements and of course better overall performance.)

http://code.google.com/p/texmod/

4. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

ah, ok...thanks for the INFO, again.. :)
    now i search for an sgssaa bit and hope it runs fairly well then with sgssaa..

if i find it , ill post the BITS here...

greetz

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/84758856/file.html

A third version of the noise filter texture change, this scales down resolution from the original size to just 1x1, since it's a single color replacement the in-game difference is identical but the file should load faster though the performance gain is probably in milliseconds if even that.

TexMod can reduce performance and increase loading times for larger overhauls as seen with the Mass Effect series of game to use a example so I might as well create a version that's as small as possible.
    (Should anyone start doing texture replacements for this game as well it might actually be useful to have it available, heh.)

EDIT: Yeah it looks like TexMod does incur a small performance hit when used, that's unfortunate but there's nothing else I can do about that other than this size reduction.

6. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Great Job my friend ;)

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    is this an open world please? or linear?

8. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Another UE3, anyone managed to fix the suttering and freezes ?

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Its pretty linear.

Zero stutter here, and no freezes. Game is locked all the time at 60fps maxed out with SSAA enabled and a few .ini tweaks to improve shadows, etc.

The game is simply a console game ported over, but its a crappy console game that our PC's just eat for breakfast. I disabled vsync and my fps was around 150fps avg.

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Nope stuttering can't be fixed, and most probably a fix won't be worked on.

however while not transitioning in areas its fine.

There was annoying film grain, which we can rid of thanks to Jonas' texmod.
    Thumbs up Jonas.

What I don't get is, why would anyone force film grain. Its artistic I get that, but however I know many who will simply hate the game for this reason. I believe this should have a checklist like 'we should implement a toggle option for our film grain'.

Man Lost Planet 3 is one game I am looking forward to, dont mind buying, but if they do this again(film grain)... Oh capcom why you do this...

I believe the game is worth my money, and I'm liking it so far, however they could have pleased me more by including a toggle option for film grain.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well i have some freezes when i move on a next area, just like in bioshock infinite, oh god i can't take anymore of this bull(...) UE3 engine games, we live in 2013, need to progress a little, HELLO GAME COMPANIES ???

12. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Finally some screenshots without grain, thx Jonas ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB
    It looks like some areas that are already impressive look better with it off while most of the game will be worse off due to horrid textures.

14. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yes it's a bit mixed and varies from area to area.

That last image for example looks really clean now but the filter would also have made the low-resolution LOD texture switch less noticeable. :)
    (A in-game option for toggling it would be far better, hopefully it can be patched in since a lot of people dislike the grain effect.)

15. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    Yeah. Aliasing and textures are a lot more noticeable without the grain. For better or for worse. But when it works, it works great.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Got to say, finding this game pretty fantastic so far, just starting chapter 3, reminds me quite a lot of binary domain.

Wonky camera is about it.

17. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Thanks for this method but it doesn't work for me unless I remove AVG due to it being a whiny bitch. Setting Texmod and the main exe as exceptions doesn't help as it seems to make temp files, and short of putting the entire temp folder as an exception (which is a bad idea) there seems to be no way around it while keeping my antivirus. Clicking "ignore" after it prompts me is already too late and the program already has crashed.

18. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Jonas, so if i need to play the game without the grain again, i need to repeat the steps again ?

19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    It's very simple, you run Texmod instead of the main exe and in Texmod it's all self explanatory. In it you basically select the exe you want to run and the mod you want to run with it. I don't know if it's necessary but the mod has a file with paths, I changed mine just in case.

So...
    1 - Run Texmod
    2 - Select main exe and mod
    3 - Click run

That's about it.

20. manoffaith

manoffaith Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX465 1GB
    I've changed MotionBlur=True to MotionBlur=False in: Documents\My Games\UnrealEngine3\RememberMeGame\Config\ ExampleEngine.ini; Should i change something else to disable motion blur definitely?

There is also MotionBlurPause=True & MotionBlurSkinning=0 options.

JonasBeckman
    Thank you very much for grain removal mod! Game looks much more beautiful without it.

We have working AA Flag for Remember Me: 0x080000C1 works fine with SGSSAA. here is the link: http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=9795693#post9795693
    With more sharp_strength & offset_bias in sweetfx at SGSSAA result is pretty good. I have 28<FPS<45 with my system.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013