Raid 0 Trim support, intel RST 11.2

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by Ouzo, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Guys you forget the old lad X58 badly :p

I am unlucky to have X58SO, and after a year of silence intel himself made a Bios update with the new OROM, so there must be a reason :D i mean hope that Trim actually should work on my granddaddy too...

2. kirthgersen25

kirthgersen25 Guest

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX 680 4Gb SLI
    Hi all, i have a pair of corsair in raid 0, and i went to update my bios to implement orom driver, but it failed.
    Anyone can send the last bios version with orom in it? I have a Asus p8z77-v deluxe.
    I appreciate it!

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    How exactly did it fail? First you need to replace the old orom in the bios file. There is a guide here. Once you have done that you need to use ASUS bios flashback to update with the new Orom, as EZ Flash 2 will give a security error.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  4. kirthgersen25

kirthgersen25 Guest

GPU:
    2x Zotac GTX 680 4Gb SLI
    It's what you said, i did have an error with ez flash, and i went to use flashback, but the motherboard didn't have a white usb port for that, and i think i used the wrong port usb.
    After that, i searched for the right port, and the flashback went whitout problem. I did also install the rst driver.

Here the images for the atto bench after the updates. I don't have an image before the update, but the atto bench didn't hit the 1Tb/s of read/write, they were almost 600Mb/s.
    Thanks you for the help!

[​IMG]

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    I hope you mean 1 Gb/s as 1Tb/s would be amazingly fast. You're welcome with the help.

6. bloodfx

bloodfx Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760
    How do I update my bios to the latest possible intel rst rom that works with my mobo?
    Here is my latest bios: Version 3603(Only for Win7 & Win8)
    http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68_DELUXE/#support_Download_36
    Also you will notice the details of the bios on the asus sites tell you to update the intel rst rom, yet doesn't tell you how to do it lol.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  7. FatBoyNL

FatBoyNL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I think I understand you would like to flash a modded and unsupported BIOS with the latest RAID OROM included. Modded BIOSes can be downloaded through here: http://www.overclock.net/t/1244232/asus-asrock-msi-gigabyte-bioss-with-updated-raid-orom

But if you want to install the 3603 BIOS with the latest OROM supported by ASUS, then you can just follow the descriptions on the page you referred to.

EDIT - exactly like this:
    P8Z68 DELUXE BIOS 3603(for Win7 & Win8)
    For proper operation, please ensure to update Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 11.5.0.1207 and BIOS to version 3603 before enabling Intel Smart Response Technology.

Update procedure for users needing Intel Smart Response Technology:
    (1) Enter OS, and ensure Intel Smart Response Technology has been turned off under Intel Rapid Storage Technology interface.
    (2) Install version Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 11.5.0.1207
    (3) Reboot the system, and update BIOS to version 3603, then reboot.
    (4) Enter the BIOS setup screen, press F5 to load BIOS default, then change the Intel SATA Port to RAID mode.
    (5) Boot into OS, and re-enable Intel Smart Response Technology under Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

Note: if your question was really about how to update the P8Z68 Deluxe BIOS: RTFM please ;)

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  8. bloodfx

bloodfx Guest

GPU:
    gtx 760
    Yea thanks for the link managed to get the lastest bios already modded, works like a charm :).

9. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Still waiting for Intel toolbox to support Optimization for raid in windows 8.