AMD Catalyst 13.6 BETA (13.101.0.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BlackSpell

BlackSpell Guest

GPU:
    Saphire7870 CrossFire
    guys i got blue screen error before i had 13.5 beta

2. BlackSpell

BlackSpell Guest

GPU:
    Saphire7870 CrossFire
    now i cant install my older driver , any solution Except Formatting the Windows !!!

3. onesky

onesky Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 ghz ed.
    i am unable to install these drivers, as the previous 13.5beta2

i can install the 13.4 and the 13.3beta3 but not the latest

i am doing everything i can do to clean before installing, but the installer doesn't show the video/audio drivers in the list.

[​IMG]

i uninstalled all amd software using the same amd uninstaller

i cleaned with driversweeper and driver fusion and ccleaner

i cleaned any ati keys

i rebooted but nothing.

The installer works fine only until the 13.4 or the 13.3beta3
    [​IMG]

i also tried to install manually but Vista doesn't recognize any drivers inside the folder of the 13.6 beta, but i could succesfully install the 13.4 manually.

it seems that the latest 2 betas doesn't recognize the HD7970 Sapphire GHZ edition.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  4. BlackSpell

BlackSpell Guest

GPU:
    Saphire7870 CrossFire
    iam also facing the installation problems with 13.6 drivers

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    HAHA

Mate, thats happened to me too many times. I get to involved in writing I forget how long and how much I am typing up and then when I go to post it, the damn thing has timed out on me lol :p

Yea, I do the same. I install all base packages (2005 - 2012) both x86/64 and then let windows update install the service packs.

I used that link that was posted in this thread a couple pages back to a dropbox account with all the latest versions. I installed those as well just to make sure I have the very latest installed.

It was just a thought I had that maybe all these "brand new" games STILL insisting on using VC2005 run times could benefit from them using newer VC. But that's just me and my mind wondering lol

6. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

They will benefit, it comes down to them not willing to spend the money to get a newer version (such as 2012) and the number of licenses required.

7. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    You haven't lived until you've installed "Lazarus" :)

Not only do I never have to worry about losing another post again, but it also saves form data, AND gives me access to an encrypted database of ALL textbox/form entries that I can access (or delete) on demand, whenever.

Lazarus has saved my ace more times than I can count!

(I currently use it with Cyberfox. Not sure if it's Chrome-able)

8. BlackSpell

BlackSpell Guest

GPU:
    Saphire7870 CrossFire
    no solution except for format :)

9. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    That was over 2yrs ago. DS 3.2 (final build) has no adware, Driver Fusion requires purchase for full functionality...

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Driver Fusion works fine in free mode, you just have to restart your computer after the first run, then run it again.

11. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Thatguy -- you're the MAN! Thanks heaps for your help/info in this thread regarding the VC redistributables.

So, how are you recommending we go about uninstalling/reinstalling?

-Doing a system-wide uninstall through Revo Uninstaller?
    -Then uninstalling AMD drivers?
    -Then reinstalling your updated VC package?
    -Then installing the new AMD beta?
    -Then manually overwriting individual .dll's around the system?

I'm a bit confused on the ordering, and whether some steps are needed or not (or if steps are missing).

Much obliged for your help!

12. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    I had to revert to 13.5 Beta 3 on Windows 8 with an HD5730M/HD6570M (it's the same card with a rebrand). This 13.6 just gives me a black screen to stare at. If I force the reboot I get the same problem. The only solution is boot into safe mode and remove the driver directly in the device manager, reboot into Windows, remove everything related with AMD Catalyst and reinstall 13.4 or 13.5 Beta 3 (both work ok).

Is there anyone with the same problem? Or any tips to try to solve this... it's not very important right now but I really hope that future releases (Beta or not) don't have this issue.

EDIT: Even stranger is that I just tested 13.6 Beta driver in Linux (Kubuntu 13.04) and I have the exact same problem. This is very very strange... AMD just screwed my graphics card support in these drivers. I just hope it's a Beta thing and all returns to normal in subsquent Beta revisions, or at the very least in the next Beta release. What do you think? Am I really the only one with this problem? If so it's better that I report back to AMD.

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

I've never used Revo Uninstaller, so I can't comment on that.
    To uninstall, run the Catalyst uninstaller, remove everything, run Driver Fusion, select AMD display, and delete everything (may not delete everything, this is okay for now), restart, run Driver Fusion again, select AMD display, and remove the remaining components, and restart, you are now fine to install the new version.

Run the Vcredist all-in-one installer, it will install the latest VCRedist's for 2005, 2008, 2010, and 2012, x86 and x64m and they are truly the latest, they are later than the ones available through Microsoft download etc. On 32-bit Windows, only the 32-bit Redists will be installed of course, on x64 systems, both 32-bit and x64 redists are installed since 32-bit application require the 32-bit redists. Existing old redist versions are removed.

To install the new AMD Catalyst, either extract the package manually (which will require the moving of setup.exe into the $OUTDIR, or run the package so it extracts to the folder located on C Drive. At this point, exit the installer! and go to the location where the package extracted, open the 'packages' folder, then the 'apps' folder, and delete all the VcRedist folders. They are not required if you already have VCRedist's installed, and they are older versions that what the what the all-in-one VCRedist package contains. Like I said in an earlier post, to ensure the latest VCRedists are always used for applications, there is one further step you have to do, but like I also said there, there are some exceptions to that!

At this point, you should be able to install the new Catalyst without fear of BSODS etc. caused by the driver mess.

14. Fr@nKy

Fr@nKy Member Guru

GPU:
    Mob. Radeon HD5730 1GB
    Meanwhile the problem I have in Windows and Linux with 13.6 Beta seems to happen (at least on Linux) to another user with the same graphics card as I have. Here is the bugreport: http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=818

I also reported it for Windows via a feedback form on AMD's website.

15. TechnikL

TechnikL Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X 1130/1300
    Thank-you good sir,

We can always count on you to bring us the latest and greatest.

16. Dch48

Dch48 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 4g
    I'm using the 13.4 WHQL and IE10 is my default browser on Win 7. I have had no problems at all.

17. Desdenova

Desdenova Guest

GPU:
    ATI 7690m 1GB
    I had that same exact problem a few weeks ago. My computer kept blue screening and giving me the same error. I tried researching and then uninstalling KB2670838, but it didn't work for me. I did system restores. It crashed again. In the end I formatted my laptop and started over fresh. Everything was going well and I had pretty much everything installed again (I made sure not to install KB2670838). After I installed Avast Anti-virus, the computer crashed again with the same exact problem as before the format! So I uninstalled Avast and have had no problems since.

18. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    Thanks for this. But question, however --

Before I got your response, I went ahead with the process on my own. I uninstalled and cleaned everything. I then ran your VC package. I then installed the new 13.6 -- allowing it to install its VC packages. Finally, I ran your VC package again, hoping that it would uninstall/install/overwrite anything the AMD installer had done, hoping that it would get the "last laugh" by being run last.

Would this be sufficient? Or should I redo the entire process, this time making sure to delete the VC folders from the AMD install folder beforehand?

19. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

You don't need to do it again. The VC Redist installer removes the old versions of 2005, 2008, 2010, and 2012 (including cases where there are multiple entries for each) before installing the latest. Remove the VC Redist packages from the AMD installer just saves needlessly installing them that's all.

20. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    I meant that I wasn't aware of how to remove the folders from the 13.6 before doing the actual install. Instead, I compromised by running your VC install -before-, then running the normal 13.6 install, but then because I didn't know how to stop 13.6's outdated VC install, afterward I then ran your VC install again to remove any outdated ones 13.6 installed.

Now that I know how to strip the old VC installs from AMD drivers, I'll definitely use that method going forward. But as for now, am I alright with how I've done it? Or should I uninstall everything and start all over again (this time removing the VC folders from the 13.6 install)?