AMD Catalyst 13.6 BETA (13.101.0.0 May 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, May 28, 2013.

Tags:
  1. BIGGRIMTIM

BIGGRIMTIM Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti Classified
    Installed without issue but the video setting in the CCC are all greyed out. Anyone else getting this?

2. kullsputra

kullsputra Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6750m
    Same here with 6620G + 6750m. When Hybrid Crossfire is disabled, my bf3 freezes the notebook right after entering a server. :wanker:

3. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    I am weary of beta drivers I had to reinstall OS on several occasions because I could not uninstall beta driver correctly.

Can anyone confirm if there are any improvements in Metro 2033/Last Light.

Thanks.

4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I think these contain some of the new code to fix frame latency issues in crossfire. As on my single 7970 I am getting MUCH lower frame rates than before but games feel smoother and less choppy than before.

Using these drivers with 13.5 CAP1 and they didn't help my low GPU usage in BF3. Its sometimes hits 99% but most of the time is around 70% usage and frames go as low as 42fps whereas before I have a much higher minimum of 55fps in really heavy battles and now I am getting low's of 42fps just in large open areas with nothing going on. Strange is when there is stuff going on it stays around the 40fps mark. Even lowering the settings to medium and my GPU usage shoots down even more to 30% and the frames stay the same as well. I have check my CPU usage when playing at Ultra and its evenly spread out over all eight threads and hits maximum of 75% CPU usage. It never hits 100% so I am not bottlenecked at all. I might try and reinstall of the drivers and see if it helps at all.

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Is that 75% in the first CPU graph or the individual core history graph?

6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    individual. Cores are pretty evenly spaced out at around 40-70% usage. Checked in HWMonitor and CPU temps in games never goes higher than 48C which is the maximum recorded temp after nearly an hour playing.

Just ran Valley 1.0 with 0xAA, Ultra Preset @ 1080p and got 24fps minimum whereas before with another driver my min fps was 32fps.

Do these include CAP or do we need the 13.5 CAP1 installed as I have installed it, just wondered if there are newer CAP's in these drivers?

7. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    Dust An Elysian Tail crash in windows 7x64 / 7790

8. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Cool.

Caps are included with the drivers.
    I'm not sure which is newer but I'm guessing 13.6, it won't hurt to install one over the other anyway.

I never bother with them myself.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea these drivers are acting strange for me with performance. Just played COD4 (yes I still play this a lot lol) I used to get between 230-250fps now its as low as 140fps!!?? Yea I know the difference is nothing but still thats a massive drop in frames. CPU usage is about 20% over two of the threads and the other threads are around 0-10%. Gonna try and clean install of these and see what happens. I did use ATIMAN uninstaller the first time round and it threw out a couple of errors and didn't get rid of 12.104 drivers properly so I think that might have something to do with it not performing as it should.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    are you still not installing CCC?

Just curious, nothing to do with this thread....

11. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Yea I install it but disable it after I reset my display scaling as RadeonPro does not seem to allow me to alter this. After a clean driver install my scaling options reset and I get black borders around the whole of my screen. After this I disabled CCC using msconfig so CCC.exe and MOM.exe don't load up at start up. And I also disable External Events Utility as well.

Back on topic, I noticed why my performance shot down. For some unknown reason my CPU overclock thought it would reset it self and actually downclock my CPU from 4.2GHz to 2.8GHz (my stock clock is 3.2GHz lol) and it downclocked my memory from 1600MHz to 1066MHz.... I think ATIMAN uninstaller had something to do with that as it seemed to scan for some Intel stuff too but I never took any notice of it. So I have been playing my games with a 2.8GHz CPU clock and 1066MHz RAM speed. All it took was a quick open of the BIOS all my settings were still there, saved and exit and my settings are back to normal now. Performance has actually gone up now :) This is me completely not noticing! LOL

12. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    Can these be installed over 13.5 beta? Has anybody done this?

13. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Sounds more hardware-related or even driver-related than the entire OS itself.

On an unrelated note, my computer used to shut down completely when I ran either Diablo III or World of Warcraft's launchers (yeah, launchers, not the game itself), and installed MSI Afterburner (just the installer). Any other gaming and about 20 mins of prime95 had no issues at all. As it turns out, those 3 things alone were somehow throwing my CPU temps past my BIOS safe limit for a mere second or two, and the shutdown was the safety response...

As to what your computer's problem is, perhaps it's your PCI bus. If you've installed AMD's or Intel's (if they have one) driver, revert it back to Microsoft's default. Snoop through BIOS to see if there's any power saving or any other settings you can change. Or even just uninstall from Safe Mode (afaik, the display adapter doesn't load there).

14. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Couple of questions mate if that's ok with you:

What are the benefits of a GPU driver using the latest Visual C++ runtimes?
    Should I install it/them even if i'm not using 13.6?

15. Offler2

Offler2 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD 7970OC, 3gb
    Testing done:

- CCC still goes black when clicking around "Video" settings
    - Skyrim "skin" flickering still present
    - NFS: Underground - objects may flicker on distand lod/close object swap due transparency effects
    - World of Tanks - "Battle starts" sign is flashing.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Drivers don't use them, applications do. Basically an API compiled with VC+ newer than you have installed will not run properly or at all on your PC.

AMD must have a revised/updated application bundled with the drivers (possibly CCC idk), and include VC to ensure compatibly with any PC that don't have this version.

Similarly .NET 4.0 comes with the newer packages for systems running 3.0 or 3.5. cuz they don't want OVER 9000 users emailing them about driver packages not installing. lol

That's about all I can tell you.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  17. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

It depends on the changes made between the different runtimes. Basically any program that uses c++ runtimes and doesn't have the runtime files in their program folder will use the version located in the Windows system folder. Changes may include security, stability, or performance improvements (at the runtime level).

18. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    When you rebuild, do not install any gpu drivers and update as usual. Then make an image onto a seperate drive. Now when you screw around with beta drivers and need to rebuild your have an image.

This will save days mate. I use this feature all the time.

And once image is complete, say yes to making a boot disk.

Have fun.

19. Taint3dBulge

Taint3dBulge Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    Is this a latency reducing driver like the 13.5?

20. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

One problem that can be encountered is when you don't have the AMD specific driver installed, Windows will try and download 'the latest' (aka an old) version from Windowsupdate, and then you have a whole mess of Windows trying to keep those files instead of the new ones, resulting in the BSOD mess.

You can get around this, possibly (and I haven't tried this myself), is to:
    • go to the control panel
    • select 'Small Icons' at the top right drop down menu, much easier to find things
    • click on 'System'
    • click on 'Advanced System Settings' in the left panel
    • click on the 'Hardware' tab
    • click on 'Device Installation Settings'
    • select 'No, let me choose what to do'
    • select 'Never install driver software from Windows Update'

Hopefully then you won't have to fight Windows trying to install the driver from Windowsupdate automatically and stuffing up everything!