Microsoft Xbox One console shown

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2013.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    2nd,

Will not be entering mine either. There is, regardless of whatever conspiracy theories people have, no reason for 90% of this crap ms have intergrated into this joke of a console.

People need to be aware that they are basically allowing a corporation to examine them like lab rats for the simple fact of advertising and the paranoia the wigs in hollywood have that a family of 5 might be watching the same movie in the same room in the same house, instead of a family of four.

Put simply, your being forced to buy tickets to watch a movie in your own home. Do rental shops charge you per person when you hire a movie, no and netflix only charge you one small fee per month, for your entire house, not on how many people may be sitting on your couch.

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't the XBox camera / Kinect system need to stay powered so that it can respond to an 'XBox ON' command where as even a PC in sleep mode is going to stick it's webcam in to a powered down state since their is no logical reason for it to need to be powered up?

Like I said may be wrong about this.

As for the XBox One, I wasn't intending to buy a console this gen (first time in nearly 15 years) but IF and I mean IF I did have to buy one I can say for sure the XBone ain't gonna be it.

3. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Hold up, so is there evidence that MS is going to charge for movies based on how many people are in the room or are you just making some other point?

4. the1nfection

the1nfection Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 9800
    i have yet to see any evidance of MS charging per veiwer for movies. They have never done that in the past, and have not announced anything about it so far, so they might be laying it close to the chest, but i highly doubt they would pull something like that. That just seems to extreme, especially when people would just go to netflix, hulu, blockbuster, or THE MOVIE SECTION AT WALL-MART. Lets not forget about pirating either. I can buy a full CPU for about 400$ that is better tech than an Xbox One, and then never spend a cent on it ever again to have ALL the content the Xbox One will have free from TPB. The big reason why people haven't just started doing that is consoles offer a few distinct advantages, most of which MS is trying VERY hard to kill. If they really do attempt to charge by the person i will laugh my ass off and never again look at the Xbox One. MS is either going to kill itself, or release a more expensive version of the One that will not have these bull**** features, either way they are going to lose ALOT of their customer base when people realize how bad what they are buying really is.

Short answer... Haven't heard anything about MS charging per person for movies, but i wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pull that ****. standing by for the announcement in the next few months.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Long time fan of the Xbox but it really seems as if MS are dropping the ball here.

It appears as if they are touting it more as a glorified cable box than a games console.

If much of what is being said turns out to be true, I too will be avoiding the Xbox One

6. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    They have a patent for it.

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    So maybe you hide the family while you purchase for yourself and let them in the room when it starts.:evil:
    Though that might venture into privacy territory and not sit well with most consumer's. I suspect MS is keeping an eye on all the scrutiny out there and will change some plans.

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    What's stopping them from checking every 5 minutes with Kinect2 after the movie starts? =b

9. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Maybe the European Union can help us by taking MS to court over invasion of privacy. Since they had some success with taking MS to court over IE and other stuff.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    It's always watching, always listening, and always connected.:infinity: :puke2:

11. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Mac Donalds have a partned patent with ms to intergrate a kinect into every oven in inorder to make sure people arent infringing on their hamburgers and fries.

Also, oven must not have rounded corners...

12. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Just like when VCRs came out and a lot of people did not know how to set the clock to get it to stop blinking, place a piece of black electrical tape over the kinect's eyes and visual detection is solved.

13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That would work great but the Kinect is smarter than that it will know that it should be "seeing" something as it will "hear" you and sense you with infrared. It will then most likely stop whatever you are trying to do and inform you that there is an obstruction and that the obstruction must be cleared to continue. Don't think it will happen then you don't know Micro$oft.

14. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    This is ridiculous. Gaming is no fun any more. I'm going back to better days on my ZX Spectrum/Commodore64/Master-system.

15. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    If you try to evade the eye it sends out for the men in black.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    :pc1: ftw

17. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    You do know that noise coming out of the speaker when loading a spectrum game had hidden subliminal messages to hate commodore.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Just read that the xbone has an ms propriety port on the controller, making the current batch of headsets incompatible. Companies will also need to pay licencing fees to make their headsets compatible.

19. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Yes. Yes I do :)

Btw they still make Spectrum games.

http://www.worldofspectrum.org/