Gran Turismo 6 listed for November 28 release date

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Apr 16, 2013.

1. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i so hope they will include car damage and terrain deformation in the next gt

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    not to disappoint you, neither is this final but..

http://www.gtplanet.net/damage-modelling-in-gran-turismo-6-similar-to-gt5/

I don't really expect or want a cosmetic damage model. if it affects how the cars behave, then yes, i'd want that. otherwise, if it's just for the looks, then i could live without it.

4. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  6. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I'm quite glad they are keeping car damage out of the GT games, yeah it dont do any favours to the whole "Real Driving Simulator" subtitle but the GT games have always been games first.

I remember playing some F1 games back in the PS2 days and GP4 on the pc and I'd be chuffed to see the games have all sorts of car damage but the novelty wore out stupidly quick when after practice sessions, qualifyings and whatnot I'd wreck the car in the first corner of the actual race and then the same would happen in the next race aswell. Its already frustrating to get time penalties in some GT5 races when you accidentally ram into the AI which usually brakes really early into corners, I'd hate to have to worry about the condition of my car too.

7. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
  10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Well, despite having a PS4 pre-ordered and being adamant that I wouldn't buy an Xbox One until next Easter at the earliest (I wasn't going to buy one at all until Microsoft announced Kinect was no longer mandatory), I've finally caved in and pre-ordered one, simply to be able to play Forza Motorsport 5 (and the glorious looking Ryse) at launch. As such, I won't be buying Gran Turismo 6 and it is rumoured that the Xbox One may launch mid-November so Forza Motorsport 5 would be out before the PS3 game anyway.

To be honest, I've always preferred Turn 10's simulations to Polyphony Digitals anyway; Gran Turismo 5 on the PS3 was a massive disappointment at launch with a truly laborious and cumbersome menu system, some dreadful presentation and a mixture of mostly PS2 car models and a small number of premium PS3 ones which looked jarring when in races together. Also, Gran Turismo 5 had some horrific screen tearing and always felt like a work-in-progress to me, especially with the numerous updates that gradually added more premium PS3 car models and whatnot.

Gran Turismo 6 looks very much like the game Gran Turismo 5 should have been and will no doubt be a fine game but at this point I'm looking forward to next-gen racers on the PS4 and Xbox One and no longer interested in current-gen ones. Personally, I feel Polyphony Digital should have released Gran Turismo 6 on the PS4 but then that would have meant waiting five years no doubt while they added premium PS4 car models!!!

11. claudesp33d

claudesp33d Guest

GPU:
    nvidia 450 GTS
    i read today, that this game won't make it to ps vita

12. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
  13. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU: