March against MONSANTO - 25 May - Worldwide

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BetA, May 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    More information is coming out about GMO's and how they affect the body differently from the wild type organism. Here's something more recent about how modern wheat doesn't even resemble the wheat 100 years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGsrny2NQ5U&feature=player_embedded

I do agree with you though that if we reverted back to the wild type wheat it would have a drastic effect on the world economy because supply wouldn't be able to meet demand since genetically modified wheat increases the amount of wheat produced over original wild wheat.

2. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    "10 fold yield" mass starvation would ensue immediately. He may be right, he may not be, bottom line is he's telling me all that while trying to sell me a yet another book on diets. I simply don't have time to sort everyone who talks like that out properly.

Personally I've found a very efficient way of losing weight that works for me. I call it the "Fat or Lazy diet", essentially either cook something from scratch (or near scratch) or don't eat. Since I'm more lazy than I am fat, I'm losing weight :D

I only end up eating healthier as a side effect of cooking myself.

3. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    lol^ thanks for the laugh Dustpuppy

4. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    You understand that wheat developed in the 60s and 70s is NOT GMO wheat. It was developed through standard cross breeding techniques that have been used for centuries.
    While it certainly is possible that the cross-breeding for properties useful for commercial production have stripped some nutrition out (though the caveat is that this is a guy trying to sell a diet book. The MD next to his name doesn't mean anything here is peer reviewed), it certainly cannot be blamed on a science that didn't really exist when this stuff was developed.

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    glad to be of service :)

I started the diet by learning to bake bread. Since I didn't really know how to cook anything bread, & storebought butter was about all ate for the first week. Homemade bread tastes awesome, I used a cast iron skillet and this guy's instructions.

Starting out it's probably easier just requiring one item to be cooked per meal, then expanding from there.

It really helps with portion control since you can measure things exactly, without portion control it just doesn't work.

6. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    I ****ing love cooking, so this would make me fat(ter) as hell. A fresh baked loaf of bread will disappear in an hour in my kitchen (I live alone). Store bread? A week.

Also, go to home deport and go buy uncoated untreated quarry tile. Line your stove with it. Thank me later. Or don't because you'll be too fat to move after a few months.

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  7. chinobino

chinobino Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3060Ti Gaming X
  8. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I don´t know if this is correct but i´ve read that Monsanto´s practices big problem is that their seeds contaminate the earth were they are planted in such a way that after a few years you can´t plant anything else than Monsanto seeds!!! Not only that but Monsanto´s seeds don´t last longer than a year and are sterile meaning you have to buy them every year!!!

Can someone confirm if this is true??? If it´s true than we must do something against Monsanto and the likes or we will be ****ed in the future!...

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I wish to understand what is all about, but my English skills are not good enough.

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    mosanto makes EA look like the best company ever..understand?

11. quaker3

quaker3 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6850HD
    i like this guy ^ . I too thing MONSANTO never did or still does anything wrong, harmful and all modified food is just perfect for humans. After all all is legal, and the MONSANTO is just an ordinary lawful corp who never intends to harm people in any way, shape or form.

Quaker3 says hello from mars.

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    IMO the only "clear thing" Monsanto is doing is taking over the farming industry and driving out/ buying out private farmers and that ain't good.I'd support that march.

13. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    Yes, sadly this is true..That is one of teh reasons i was on that March and wanted to let yall know, but most people here made this thread a hate thread with viewpoint at the Gen change NOT teh real Problem..

Here in Germany a lot little farmer would go bankcroupt if monasant is allowed to do this in teh EU. it would mean they cant make theyr OWN SEEDS anymore, they wouldnt grow on that field anymore and they are not allowed to make seed of theyr owns or its a patent war that the farmer cant win, even know the seeds from monsanto are sterile, so u have to buy more and more, thats just kapitalism and has nothing to do with what they say..Also, what happens if seeds blown by a storm or whatever, if they fall and grow on a different field, a farmer that didnt buy monsantos seeds? well u guessed right, since its patent they shure want money now form u..or they sue u. and why on earth would Obama, 2 month ago, put Monsanto over the LAW? Are u out of ur minds?

and its not only monsanto, the lobbyismus in europe gets more and more perverted, as example:

Nestle and others want to buy teh water in europe and open the watermarket to the Privat investigators.by changing the law,step by step, thats what lobbyismus is all about. pushing interessts of the multi million industrie trough the politicans. .Studys and fakts showed that this made the water worse and way more expensive.(portugal and more) The water belongs to teh people and no private coorperation should have it. Only teh state or commune. like it is now here in germany, (well, mostly, 70% belong to the state(people here) rest is private owned(and they have to make revenue) still. But the Lobby is fighting hard to make water private..This u can read even in the main stream news here in germany..People need to read more and digg..i wish i could talk better in english, its hard to find teh correct words. We, the EU are diff people, we fight for our right and labeling of Gen food, in germany there are laws so we customers KNOW WHAT WE EAT.

Also the Farmers cant use theyr own seeds anymore..

PLEASE INFORM URSELF..And not in TV (mainstream news) there was nothing about that march in teh news, nothing..and boy, we where a lot..We all know who pays teh TV or owns them...at least here in germany..(AG´s)

Please people inform urself, there are studys and more..(and im not talking about study FROM MONSANTO, studys from the Firm that wants to push this trough, shure wont show anything bad in there OWN studys. they have to make money, so they would kill them self if they would publish anything thats bad.)

Other studys are there, france, germany, and more..Hell, Monsansto tries via lobbying since 2007 or so to pay teh politicans off, so they change the law..That we dont see whats on our food and so on..

Anyway..i dontr wanna talk to much and turn this into whatever again...There are only a handfull people in this thread that actually get it and talk no nonsense..Im all for an civilized talk..

Right now, theres an big talk @ TV here about this..and most people DONT WANT THIS !!! especially not teh farmers here..

Go and make ur own journalism..READ, and ask more!!
    Learn diff languages so u can talk with more people in more countrys and ask them what they think and do..Not what the mainstream media tells u..

i dont know what the US television shows about monsanto in germany /europe..But we fight against it..and we have laws and we want them to stay..

greetz BEtA...(now goes back to OCing teh hell out of his GFX Card)

edit:

for the ones that are interessted in the Water stuff..Heres a Report from it, Its up to date right now happening. started some month ago. And its All fakt and proven..Sadly its in german, the video and teh homepage of the Tv channel. use translater or something. but watch it, this is really happening!!

Quote: some quotes..
    translated with bing..

now ask yourself, Do u really want this? isnt water and seeds a human right? I guess some People just lost their Logic along the way....

Of course these are just my opinnions, i do not force them at anyone. everyone has to think for them selves and decide whats wrong and right..we have a sense for that, but sadly most are blinded by the Bling bling..And i only talk about Fakts. i do not talk or believe in stuff i dont know anything about or is NOT a fact. But also u can feel when something is not right. But like i say, make ur own digging, thinking etc, and do not let others think for u, cause thats what u are doing if u only trust in one source or teh main stream tv..

greetz BEtA

Last edited: May 27, 2013
  14. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    If you want to be taken seriously, you may want to learn how to use the shift key, type "you," "your," "their" etc.
    This isn't twitter, your entire spiel is completely unreadable.

15. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    im sorry, i try to correct as much as i find, its just hard to write as fast as the thoughts come and then of course theres the fact that im not so fluid in english writing..so forgive me..

16. DAWG1

DAWG1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670 sli
    I can appreciate what an emotional issue this is to some. The problem is the small family farm is not equipped to compete with the efficiencies of large commercial farming companies. They just can't afford the research and machinery. This is certainly not to say they are not an extremely valuable asset.

Your local farmer can give you something the Monsantos of the world can't. Fresh, vine ripened food at your neighborhood store. Your best form of protest is to make sure you purchase only these items at the market if that is your desire. Just be ready to pay more for it. If there is not enough demand for genetically altered food, do you think companies will still do the R & D to produce them. Not a chance.

17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The problem is much more serious than that. Monsanto and others are trying to contaminate the soil in such a way that you can only plant seeds from them, anything else is simply rendered impossible to plant and grow on a soil contaminated by Monsanto´s seeds.
    If this happens on a large scale, tomorrow Monsanto will dictate what you can plant and what you can not plant and will ask large sums of money for their seeds because contaminated soils will refuse any other seeds!!

This is very scary stuff and we really must stop companies like Monsanto!!!

18. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

Prove It Dude^...:bang:

19. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    No they aren't.
    Jesus Christ people, Monsanto is pretty ****ing evil, so it isn't like you have to make **** up, there's enough real stuff.
    Like I don't need to start a rumor that Dick Cheney eats puppies for lunch. There's enough real stuff out there like when he shot that guy and made him apologize.
    Focus on their actual practices and maybe people won't dismiss you as the crazy fact free people you're ****ing acting like.
    You could start with their massive PCB contamination. Or the actual problems with BT corn (destroying a useful, harmless way to get rid of pests for short term gain, not exploding stomach or some bull****.) Or claiming roundup was safer than table salt. Or opposing basically every chemical safety regulation in the last half century. Or ****, so much more.
    But no, you have to believe everything some crazy internet nutjob tells you and spread it around. Just stick with facts, they'd actually be on your side.

20. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Hm... Once I read a paper on the influence of PCBs on atherosclerosis incidence. Pretty harmful stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.