Guru 3D SLI Users Guide (Part #2)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 22, 2007.

1. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Hii guys i need some help here , i just get another 580 and y want to put in sli but when i do nothing hapend the sli options dont appear for activayipn but the physix check bot cards so i dont now what to do i use the last driver 310.90 also i try to swap cards change driver change the bridge all the kind of stuff i imgine but no results, simply i canot activate the sli options my first card is evga 3gb and the other is zotac 1.5gb i now they have to work. Please i apreciate some light in this matter thanks.

2. DiceAir

DiceAir Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax 980 ti HOF
    1. Did you install the latest drivers.
    2. Make sure sli connection is properly connected
    3. the cards must be the same memory amount for example you must pair 1 1.5GB card with another 1.5GB card

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    you can try a sli hack, it should work but you will be limited to 1.5gb of vram per card for a total of 1.5gb

4. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Hii well yes was a pain in the ass but i make it i hack the sli **** whit some guy from techpower up very good indeed but i have to solve more issues like the physix dont want to work properly. Have to reinstall 3 times all ,games run great but metro dont want to run just crash every time i try, and when i shut down and the next day start on something strange hapend like start whit low resolution and windows says no nvidia drivers found but i go to programs and they are so WTF i restart the pc and all get fine again and yesterday doit again so dont know what is going on there but i play good whit no crashes

5. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Ok hii i hope somebody can help me here
    I have an Evgagtx580 3gb and i bought another zotac 580 1.5gb the guy sell me the second card tollme i can put them in sli whit no problems but was not true the main probelm is no sli option in the nvidia panel just physix i try all the options change drivers i try 6 diferents all the same and i read in internet the problem is my Evga they say that cards dont run well whit the other cards doesent matter if is another 580 soo i was looking for something make the trick and i found it one guy frome tech power up have a crack for making work the sli in eny card nomather if is the same model so i try and it works buuut always i a but right i have some problems like when you start the pc thewindows appear in low resolution and i have to restart until start correctly second thing i can use 310.70 driver to work the sli and games like crysis3 dont run in sli whit this driver soo a waste of energy the new 3dmark says my drivers is not valid and my points are low even runing in sli the guy sellme the zotac make me a deall he swap my evga 3gb for another zotac 1.5gb new for 150dlls more dont now what to do i still whit the problem or i change the card for another zotac same model, but i have another doubt when i play skyrim i use 2500mb in vram if i put 2'580 1.5 in sli i will get out of vram??? Dont now soo what to do i know is complicated but if somebody can helme here i will apreciate thanks.

6. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    From what I know, you can not SLi 2 cards that have different amounts of ram.

They can be different brands like an Asus card and an EVGA card and can even have different clocks but they MUST have the same amount of ram.

Im sure someone will correct me in case I am wrong about that.

7. vagenrider

vagenrider Guest

GPU:
    R9 290x water
    i have quad sli gtx 590..i read all the pages,try all the tips but nothing..my cards still load only at 45% on far cry 3 and metro 2033 last light..i have exactly the same fps before i do the quad ....i dont thing its bottleneck because my cpu loads 55% in game

hope someone helps me..cause i give so much money for these cards and im very disappointed..

8. Cyrax

Cyrax Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti gamer SLI
    Qaud sli is a pain in the but m8
    Had 2gtx 295 and afther that i promised myself never to go quad sli again....
    2 or 3 gpus is more than sufficient to game and has a nice driver support.

I hope you get those cards running....i used nhancer in those days.
    Try using nvidia nspector and try messing around with alternare frame render 1 or 2
    And see if youre fps is going up :)

9. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Most of your problem is that bulldozer cpu.

10. vagenrider

vagenrider Guest

GPU:
    R9 290x water
    yes..im seeing with my eyes the hard way of this thing..however if you know any tip about inspector profile editor just tell me..its very lonely waters for me all this..

11. vagenrider

vagenrider Guest

GPU:
    R9 290x water
    i know that..hope to found soon some money to upgrade it..

12. Xinn3r

Xinn3r Guest

GPU:
    NVidia GT330M
    CPU Bottleneck Question

Question:
    I'm thinking about buying a Lenovo Y400 gaming laptop, as it has SLI capabilities;
    The Core i7 version is out of my budget, so I can barely afford the i5 version.

I've been searching the web for a few days but still haven't really got a really detailed answer.

Will an i5 CPU bottleneck the two GT750m SLI GPUs?

I just read an article from the site

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/core_i7_multi_gpu_sli_crossfire_game_performance_review,20.html

but this article is a few years old and back then GPU capabilities wasn't as good as it is now.

I've read somewhere that an i5 will definitely introduce more microstutter due to some difference in FPS or something like that, will it really be obvious?

Should I futureproof by buying the i7 anyway?

13. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 12gb
    Hello Chaps , as off two days ago I went over to gtx680 sli setup and all seem to be running good so far , I have been reading here and there that I should disable ULPS ( ultra low power state ) as it can help with micro stuttering . do other sli users have this disabled ? and if disabled you cannot overclock your cards is this true ,Please advise many thanks

PS I have also disabled core parking which has seemed to smoothed out BF3 :)

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  14. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire
    I thought ULPS was just an ATI/Crossfire thing?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  15. shamoose

shamoose Guest

GPU:
    xfx r7950 3gb x2 Xfire
    hi i have a 9800gtx+ bfg and a 9800gtx+ xfs can i sli them or do i need a bfg also please help

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Yes you can SLI any two cards that are the same model (Nvidia), even if different brands.

17. shamoose

shamoose Guest

GPU:
    xfx r7950 3gb x2 Xfire
    Cheers for your time !!!!!:stewpid:

18. mr_scarface

mr_scarface Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 GTX
  19. JulioCesarSF

JulioCesarSF Active Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 780 Ti
  20. mr_scarface

mr_scarface Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 GTX
    i tried it. it was hell getting it to work but i managed to. but i took it back anyway because the card was way too expensive.

im gonna try to locate the one i own now and SLI that instead.