Xbox World reveals Next Gen Xbox?

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Stone Gargoyle, Nov 17, 2012.

1. freeman28

freeman28 Guest

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  3. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    lol and NeoGAF was discussing how people will troll during MP games by randomly shouting out those commands because of mandatory kinect and the lack of headsets in the retail package. K2 may cancel out other voices but I doubt it will be that accurate.

4. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    Also on top of it all M$ failed horribly in Japan and Sony dominate. I know Japan is not the gaming force it once was but still...

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I wonder how long until the xbox one is cracked to not need internet.. maybe then it will be good.

Actually.. I hope it is cracked, and games are pirated very highly on this new abomination of a console..

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  9. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Some thoughts....

One thing all Xbox peeps should think about is buying games now and timing. We now no there is no backwards compatibility. So the concern for all is do you buy new games for the 360?. I for one am going to do a timing issue. Say for instance a cutoff date of early to Mid November. Buying a game then, only to have it not workable on the new system would just be a huge mistake. Sure ports at that time of the same game to new gen may not look as good as they can, but at least your not stuck with a coaster. Unless of course you keeping the 360.

The next thing that came up tonight was the wife wanted to buy Call of Juarez on the 360 as we were scoping around. I held off to think a bit. If all games are not backward compatible with the new XBO, why get an arcade game at all only to find it toast on new system, when you can get it on the PS3 and play it on the PS4?

This puts any XBOX individual in a bad situation. Digital Media as far as purchased movies and all seemingly would follow your Live account, but arcade games... Doesn't sound like it. They also claim you can take your achievements and game saves over to XBO, umm why?.. If they don't work on that system, why transfer. WHY?

This whole thing sounds fishy to me... Are they up to something that we are being duped on for a rise on Sonys end. Will we even here the truth at E3. For me at this point in time is a sensitive issue on buying any new game for the 360. Next month I got ordered the last of us and knowing based on what we know thus far it will work on the ps4 & to me that is a major security blanket that Sony has afforded us, while Microsoft has only tossed aside. Truly a shame.

2 cents

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Are you sure PSN games on the PS3 will work on the PS4? I mean both the new consoles are different from their predecessors.

11. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    That's for sure!

12. Newbie2012

Newbie2012 Active Member

GPU:
    RX Vega 64 8GB-CustomLoop
    Well as if the conference was not bad enough. M$ Confirm 2nd hand games are blocked (you have to pay a fee to play) .

ICEBERG AHEAD!

13. Sayjimwoo

Sayjimwoo Guest

GPU:
    Titan X SC
    The Xbox One will flop

14. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I'll revisit your quote in 12 months time but I suspect you'll be wrong.

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Neah, Xbox name alone will sell the thing. Customer satisfaction is another thing.

16. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    In my opinion most in this thread are over-reacting and jumping to conclusion based mostly on pure speculation or conspiracy theories. For those of you that are claiming Sony's PS4 is going to be the better option, what exactly did they show and "confirm" to us that makes it so? Hell, they didn't even have actual hardware to show us, and the majority of what they talked about was mostly "this is what we envision" type of bs. Neither console seems overly impressive to me at this point, but only because we really don't know anything substantial enough to make any logical conclusions.

PS. I'm also suspicious that the majority of the negative posters in this thread are also new accounts. Could MS haters/Sony fanboys be this desperate?

17. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Xbox One will still sale unbelievably well. The average consumer doesn't know better or care. And they far out number the enthusiast, or even gamers.

Take my co-worker, he rushed to the computer to watch the unveil and had multiple orgasms from it. It's like the second coming to him from what he saw.

18. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    That probably accounts for 80% of consumers....sadly.

19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Microsoft are not doing themselves any favors when it comes to meeting people's expectations. I thought Sony has done this pretty well up to now. Not only did they show games, they showed what people wanted.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  20. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    They showed games running on current PC hardware, didn't show what the console actually looks like, and the majority of what they talked about was more like what they were hoping to accomplish, not what they've actually got working. MS stated that the reveal was for the actual console itself, the gaming focus will be at E3. Sorry, I came away from the two reveals with a very different opinion. I saw and heard a lot of "smoke and mirrors" from the Sony camp, I didn't get that feeling from MS. Either way, I feel it is FAR too early to make any kind of judgment until we can actually see real-world details and actual usage of the release hardware. We just don't know enough about either system at this point.