Microsoft Xbox One console shown

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 22, 2013.

1. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    The actual PS3 DualShock 3 controller wasn't too bad, but they did try to add motion detection with it. This though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Move

That's when they (and xbox as well) tried to compete with the Wii and things got sort of silly.

2. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The underside screwholes of the PS3 controller are so painful after and during gaming sessions which require the D-Pad and right side buttons. Don't get this on games which use the dual analogue as the primary control system though.

The 360 controller is comfortable in all circumstances, but doesn't have the same feeling as the PS3 controller for driving games.

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Have you ever heard of electrical tape?

EDIT: when I say masterpiece I am referring to the feel of the buttons the overall weight of the unit and the layout plus the D-pad is light-years ahead of the 360.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  4. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 DOC
    MS is so greedy... And its like they're competing with Smart TVs now. The latest Samsung Smart LEDs already have those functionalities ( motion sensors, hand signals, voice command, etc ).

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
  6. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
  7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    [​IMG]

Dat processor, lolol. Nice memory bandwidth there Microsoft.

Some rumours say the PS4's Jaguar may be clocked at 2GHz instead of 1.6GHz. Even if that happens you know MS will pay companies to make multiplatform games at Xbox level and not better.

1152 shaders is pretty pathetic, but 768? GG Microsoft, no remake.

8. Damage_Plan

Damage_Plan Guest

GPU:
    Glalaxy GTX660 Ti GC 3GB
    [​IMG]

yeahhooooo!!

im gonna buy the XBOX one, but the only thing i dont like is the fact that most games if not all of them will require an internet connection to play... thats the reason i fackkin hate WoW and other games of the sort. needless to say, i wont be getting rid of the xbox360 i have..... I also might just steer clear of both Xbox One and PS4 and ditch them for Nvidia's Project shield! Nvidia's Shield enables streaming PC games for PCs running a 650 or higher?!?!?! NVIDIA SHIELD FTW!!! Im preordering shield asap!

9. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Really is a shame Microsoft has so much money to throw at this, I want to see them go and be replaced by a real gaming console. I'd go for the Wii U or PS4 if I had to choose a next-gen. The figures are pathetic and the console itself looks horrible. The only good thing I've seen from it is the return of a proper d-pad, but you can buy modded 360 controllers that have them anyway.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    You mean aside from the thousands who yawned?

12. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    haha i'm hoping Angry Joe does another vid now more info is in, that was a funny pic lucidus. :D
    Looking forwards to more news at E3 of course.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Doggy got an XBone so he's very happy :D

14. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    With that kind of face, I believe the dog was in a state of utter disbelief. =b
    "I'm in it...for this??"

15. daffy101

daffy101 Active Member

GPU:
    7800XT
    running 3 OSes?...Seriously MS With your spec you want less software and more direct interaction with the hardware so the games run a maximum speed on your cheap hardware (Looking at the spec no more than 200-250) that or actually just make it a custom PC so programmers can actually do something decent with it.

16. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I seriously doubt it's 3 OSes, M$ are just using weasel words. It's one crappy Winblows based OS that switches between standard and gaming mode.

And their stupid sharp square design is probably to match their hideous Win 8 design of everything looking like it's from the 80s. Someone at M$ has a serious retro fetish.

17. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You do realize that the memory bandwidth comparison is pointless considering it doesn't take into account latency or the eSRAM.

And yes, I too am disappointed by the reduced shader count. But in any case both consoles are pretty below average specs to begin with, so what does it matter? It's not even close to the gap the Wii U has with these new consoles. And the devs will probably make the Xbox One the main target console, with the PS4 having a few extra effects tacked on; it's not like its going to be a major quality difference.

At least the Xbox One has some genuinely interesting stuff in the Kinect2 and TV/IPTV/Internet/Streaming media/Blu-Ray/Apps integration.

And yes, it is several seperate OS's.

P.S.- What the hell does everyone have with "Angry Joe"? The is an attention whore idiot with a webcam that's not even funny or intelligent.

Last edited: May 24, 2013
  18. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well, can you argue his points regarding Xbox One and Microsoft policies surrounding it without ad hominem attacks?
    His main gripe was about Microsoft's policy on used games, and that 'renting fee' (which is the full price of the game) for the games your friends would only borrow for a week or two.
    Also, he actually added one critical suggestion regarding Xbox exclusives; Microsoft need more than Halo (and CoD? Seriously?).

The reason why most people agree with him was due to him sharing the same opinions, not because he's an 'attention whore idiot'.
    Sure, you can have "Kinect2 and TV/IPTV/Internet/Streaming media/Blu-Ray/Apps integration", but why should gamers care about that when the main advantage of consoles, which is the ability to lend your games to friends, is already off the list?

Personally, I could care less about One's hardware capability.
    But if I have to game on a platform where the games are tied to my account, I already have my laptop and desktop.
    If I want next-gen console that still allows me to lend games to my friends without a paywall to play it, there's still PS4, or just keep using PS3 and/or Xbox 360.
    PS4 would likely to also have "TV/IPTV/Internet/Streaming media/Blu-Ray integration" minus the Apps, and without the monthly fees to multiplay.
    That's why AJ pointed out that Microsoft have to have more exclusives than just Halo if they really want to attract most of the gamer crowd.

Kinect?
    Outside the hobbyist and research world, it's still a gimmick.
    Granted, not as gimmicky as Sony's Eye Toy and its dildobro Move, but still a gimmick regardless.
    Well, unless you're really into those dancing games or DBZ Kinect.

19. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
  20. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've crossed the Xbox One (god what a bland name; something only Microsoft could dream up!) off my Want list and will just buy a PS4 next time round. It's clear which direction Microsoft want to go in but I'm not interested in Kinect or using my console as a media hub (nevermind speaking to my Xbox to change channels... good lord!). I'm sure the system will have some great exclusive games but I'm not willing to buy the hardware to play them. I think a PS4 plus high-end gaming PC will suit me just nicely plus I have my iPad 4, S3 smartphone and PS Vita for portable gaming.