Vehicles of Guru3D thread #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Glidefan, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    you should see some of the drivers here in Florida.

2. Skarpretter

Skarpretter Guest

GPU:
    Matrix 7970 Platinum
  3. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    no.... he doesn't have balls. He should lose them. At 1:47.... drifting at a decent speed in the snow, around a blind-ish corner.... that's not balls, that's stupidity. If a car was coming the other direction, i seriously doubt he'd have been able to get the truck back under control and onto his own side of the road safely.

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Tell me about it. Plus I find it comical when these boats flash the high beams at my Corvette at night. I'm thinking hello...I'm 2 feet off the ground I'm sorry my HIDs are bright but next time you think of doing that remember your low beams are aimed right at my head half the time.

As for the stupid drivers...that's why I drive what I drive daily. If I need to take an evasive maneuver for safety I can. :)

5. Skarpretter

Skarpretter Guest

GPU:
    Matrix 7970 Platinum
    The uploader said in the comment section that he actually passed a car at 1:50, probably when the front tire is off the road. But i agree with you that it's just stupid to drift right there, he could have killed people.

6. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Freakin' gospel man.
    Nothing more fun then thrashing a car that's barely holding on.
    Fun wise : slow fast > fast slow

To be fair, you can drift a lot slower on snow than on asphalt.
    In that sense, snow is the best place to learn and practice.

Aside from being ass-hats, I wish the driver's education programs here took things more seriously.

Right now, they take driving instruction about as seriously as "abstinence" takes sex education.
    "Maybe if you tell them to not have sex, boys will stop drooling at boobs. GENIOUS!"

People will speed, will take hard turns, will brake hard, etc.
    Boys will race, will do burnouts/donuts, etc.
    It will happen.

So you can either prepare them to be skilled jackasses, or you can let them be idiot jackasses.

So many accidents I've seen were people simply not realizing that :
    - it takes more time/distance to stop than they thought
    - their car can't turn as hard as they thought
    - when both sides of the cars aren't on equal footing, braking/accelerating will cause a yaw moment.
    - the harder you brake, the less you can steer
    - the harder you steer, the less you can brake
    etc.

But at no point does driver's education here give you a chance to experience those circumstances, and master the proper skills required to manage your vehicle, and more importantly give you the experience required to recognize that action X will put you into situation Y before Y even happens.

Simple, stupid-basic skills that every driver should be required to master, just to be 'competent', aren't even taught.

It's like the answer to everything is "hit the brakes".
    I watched someone slide down a snowy hill, out of control, [slowly ::eyeroll::,] because all they knew to do was "oh ****, I'm sliding, mash the brakes and don't let go". They could have just driven/steered down the hill and been fine.

All they teach is signs, rules, parking.
    If anything, hit the brakes.
    Nothing to prepare people for actual safe/competent operation of the machine.
    Everything is about rules of the road, and nothing about the rules of physics.

-scheherazade

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  7. scheherazade

GPU:
    fullHDs
    That.

Or, the neon could have been on slicks while the GT3 RS was on streets.
    Slicks will turn a lada into a super hero.

-scheherazade

8. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8

true stuff^...good read...

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    In the US, everybody has a big V8 SUV?? Sure about that? I own a 2005 Ford Focus ZX5 that's bright ****ing yellow!!!

Oh yeah, I also have this...
    [​IMG]
    2009 Honda Ruckus....

Can't stand those big ass SUVs... Most people are too stupid to realize how top heavy they are....or how easily they can roll over going around corners.

Last edited: May 14, 2013
  10. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Spent all day yesterday with my nephew doing some serious waxing and detailing to my ride , Darn tired today lol , it looks much better now. Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Turbo , engine modified by my friends at a speed shop , this 4 wheel drive hugs corners like it was running 1/4 mile strip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Umm...the Carrera 4S is N/A. The 911 Turbo is the Turbo. So which is it? Or is it even yours? :3eyes:

Cool car but you're not making sense. It's like saying you have a Mustang GT Cobra :)

12. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Well if you read carefully he says that the engine has been modified so maybe he just "renamed" his own car into a 4S Turbo because he actually added a turbo to the car.
    Still, its a bit misleading.

13. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Oh really ! It is a modified engine with a T4 Turbo done by my friends mechanics at a speed shop , you do not know what you are talking about ,
    Please READ the back of my car in red circle , what does it says ;) Carrera 4S ???

[​IMG]

By the way It is my car why should I post something that is not mine :rolleyes: , you don't make no sense , im no kid so it is understandable you kids don't believe an old guy like me can have nice toys jezzz.. grow up go to college get a good job then get your toys , that's simple. Anyhow I don't even know why I have to put up with sh*T like you just did , you seems to not have respect for others trying to make it look like I made up a story or something. Anyhow that;s my ride. Enjoy the pictures if you like , im done and out it here.

14. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    Yes, I agree, driver education here is really bad.

Solution- to most people is hit brakes. I've seen so many times, when someone sees me coming at them fast and they decide to stop in front of me instead of moving because they don't know what to do.

Me? I choose to follow Colin McRae, when in doubt flat out.
    I've never crashed a car yet and don't plan to get cocky about it.

I learned more about driving by slowly teaching myself in my car, learning how to do things on back roads. I don't claim to be a good driver, but I know the limits of my car.

Its true, not everybody. My family does not even own a V8 ... and my car is an ORANGE Datsun !!

15. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

There's a nice old video from Jeremy Clarckson about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6EKGyJcpdU

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I don't think he knew who you were; if he did he wouldn't have questioned it being yours. It's very nice, by the way. Although why did you feel the need to add a Turbo? The Carrera S is already fast as hell bone stock.

17. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Cause turbo boost? :D

18. scheherazade

GPU:
    fullHDs
  19. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Nice car. Obviously a tired Saab is a better car in every way, but there we go ;)(joking...sort of).

Just out of curiousity though, why did you Turbo it? Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy a Turbo in the first place?

20. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.