£1100 Gaming Build

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Poulter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    I considered waiting for Haswell, but from what i can tell with the pricing, i wouldn't be able to afford everything that i want, along with a Haswell chip/motherboard, for only roughly 6% increase in performance. This should last me a few years, by which time i could do a full upgrade anyway (with buying a second 7950 between now and then ofc)

2. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Then by all means, keep with what you've got planned. It's a fantastic system that should take care of you for a long time to come.

3. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    Yaay :D I'll post back in a few weeks when my build is completed and i need help overclocking everything :D (photo's ofc)

4. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    (mod, delete post please)

5. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    So after more reading and more reading, and yet more reading i've decided to wait for Haswell, they look too good to be true :D
    Anyway should i buy the rest of the stuff now and wait to buy mobo/cpu? Will things like my 750w xfx pro black edition work with haswell etc, as well as the h80i?

6. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    All of the components you've chosen will work with Haswell just fine.

7. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    Perfect, i'll order them now :D The new gigabyte boards look absolutely amazing, and a cheaper RoG motherboard.. couldn't ask for much more :D

8. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    Just ordered most of the parts for my computer!! :D
    Ended up going with the 250gb basic 840 ssd, instead of the 128pro version, due to there being 15 pounds cash back, making it exactly the same price :3eyes:
    Now just got the PSU/Mobo/CPU/GPU/RAM to go... just got to wait and see what haswell brings, got about 790 left to spend, which deducting the money for everything leaves me with about 350 for mobo/cpu... recon this will be enough for a haswell setup? :D
    EDIT: PSU still out of stock, just waiting to see if it comes back before i order from somewhere else. GPU also out of stock but wanna see if the 700 series pushes the price down, you never know :p (RAM is just there to match the colour of the board i get hehe)

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  9. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'd be very much surprised if it didn't.

10. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    Awesome, no idea how happy i am, so close!!

11. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    So my first lot of stuff got delivered!
    Problem being the guy ripped one side of the box and dropped it on the floor when delivering it... Emailed scan to see what happens if anything is broken with it, as i can't check to see if its working or not (i have no way of seeing if the HDD is still working or not etc)
    Happy but also worried :p

12. RighteousRami

RighteousRami Guest

GPU:
    2 MSI 980 SLI
    If harvey norman, jb hifi, radio rentals...can advertise a HD6450 as being a gaming GPU i would not trust the word gaming on anything and look at the specs instead.

13. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    Just thought i would give an update of my build.
    What i have:
    Monitor: Dell Ultrasharp U2412m
    Cpu Cooler: Corsair H80i
    SSD: Samsung 840 basic 250gb
    HDD: Seagate 1TB
    Keyboard: Razor Black Widow 2013 ed.
    Mouse: Cyborg R.A.T. 7
    Case: Zalman Z11+
    CD Drive: Basic Dvd drive

Arriving tomorrow
    PSU: XFX Pro 750W Black edition

Arriving Tuesday
    GPU: Sapphire 7950 vapor-x
    Mobo: MSI Z87 G65 Gaming
    CPU: Intel i5 4670k
    RAM: 2x4 GB 1866Mhz Corsair Vengeance (Red LP).

So after 3 weeks of annoying you guys, what do you think? :D

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Can I ask why did you go with that keyboard? No backlight, no wrist rest, no dedicated multimedia keys, only 10 key rollover, high ish price. You could have bought a keyboard with everything the blackwiddow offers plus most of the above, even for less money.

Other than that, not bad, although I would have gone with a different mouse and cpu cooler. Also get a Blu-ray drive instead of DVD drive.and a sound card.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2013
  15. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    Funny you should ask, (its the ultimate edition so it has backlights, my bad for not saying). Literally the only reason i got the keyboard, was that i got it for 12 quid XD I dunno if you remember a couple of months ago, Razor had the problem of the 90% off code, they honoured it for people who, like me, ordered 1 thing (i.e. not 10 things to make a profit) Meaning i got the keyboard for 12 quid, plus 18 quid posting (i think it came from Europe via plane) so 30 quid for the keyboard. I would never have paid full RRP for it, too extortionate. But for 30, it was a bargain :D I've had the mouse for a while, love it, suppose its more of a personal thing, CPU cooler i wanted something small and neat, instead of a great big huge thing over the motherboard XD And i have no need to watch Blu-ray, as i have my ps3, but i did think about it for a moment :D And the sound card, the sound on this mobo should be fine for me, i don't do any audio editing or anything where i need it perfect.

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    No no, let me emphasize some points:
    1) A soundcard is a MUST. Onboard audio is crap. You will be missing too much. You already have a nice system with those specs, do not skimp on audio. You don't need to be an audio producer to notice a difference. I'd say pretty much all people would notice a difference (save for some stubborn people sometimes, but that's another thing).

2) Same as 1). Do not skimp on audio.

3) I advise you not to skimp on audio.

The 3 points might seem the same, but they're not.

Concerning the Blu-ray drive vs. DVD drive, minimal price difference between the two if you opt for a Blu-ray ROM drive (no burning). No sense going for DVD now. Plus with a good soundcard and speakers / headphones, you will want to watch Blu-ray on your PC rather than your PS3. Just saying.

Rest of the build is looking sweet! You'll surely enjoy it.

17. Poulter

Poulter Guest

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-x
    Ah right, well i might as well get a sound card then, but i really can't for the next 1 or 2 months, literally spent it all on this computer :p I was going to wait for the 760ti, to drive the prices down, but then i just thought, meh i've waited so long for it. Everything is in stock, BUY! No regrets XD Partner just got new RAM and gtx 770 for his rig, so excited!

18. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Well :D At least make sure you end up with a soundcard eventually.

19. Supernoob2286

Supernoob2286 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670 PE SLI 2GB
    I was thinking the same thing, every psu with XFX name is a seasonic unit, i don't necessarily like then because of their asthetics but still top tier quality, Right up there with the AX/AXi series from Corsair made by Flextronics.