Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    These drivers are claimed to be good for neverwinter, performance is ok unfortunately game crashes often.
    with 319 no more crashes

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @vitale: Because they're mostly doing what the majority wants and what lets them sell the most cards.
    Most people care for this = they do it. Pretty easy. Just as some components have the option to mount ln2 blocks or use incredibly high voltages -> if there's a market they'll take care of it.
    It seems like most people are fine with the Titan's performance or with the boundaries these cards have.
    People who want most performance would overclock their cards anyhow and thus void their warranty. So what's the issue?

3. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    You seem to be quite retarded go back and read everything i have said and stop repeating yourself

4. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hmmmm ... had my first BSOD in years with NVidia drivers , I installed this driver last night just for testing purposes ,installed went smooth. BUT while browsing the net only I started getting BSOD NVidia driver related. Unintsalled ,re-installed again , this time it seems it was all fine and dandy when suddenly I was playing NFS MW I got BSOD again , no biggie I went back to the latest whql 314.22 in my w7x64bit installed fine , no more BSOD and running flawlessly again :) problem solved..

5. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    You could get an AMD card and OV/OC the hell out of it. Vote with your wallet. The specs have been known before, so it's quite useless to complain afterwards.
    They should simply put a fuse into the GPU or on the PCB. If you increased power draw, they'd know then. Your choice.

6. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    When i purchased my titan i didn't see anywhere on the box that said

"Introducing the GTX Titan where you have no control over your card"

"Non Overclockable Version"

"Card will do what it wants when it feels it needs to without you having any control"

Card's a piece of **** and my aim is to make sure as many people as possible no what there doing to the end user and i hope they lose a good chunk of there customers if they don't fix this issue soon

7. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    no crashes for me in Neverwinter, and it runs really good
    none of my system freezes with 320.00 was in-game anyway.

8. KingCobra

KingCobra Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX660ti SLI
    You seem to be quite retarded go back and read everything i have said and stop repeating yourself

Good lord no, I hope everyone stops reading your posts the first time. You basically single handedly ruined this whole thread with your bitching. A person can barely get any useful information on these driver threads here with you trolls. Hopefully your mom will call you out of the basement soon for for your supper and some other intelligent people can speak on here.

9. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    Drivers are awful and plenty of users experiencing errors and bsod's now your updated go back to your cave

10. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    I don't know,with this drivers the game freezes and send me to desktop after a while. I noticed happens in dungeons, once happened outside, but really the performance is better with theese drivers than 319, it's a shame:(

11. LesserHellspawn

LesserHellspawn Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080ti Eagle
    Ok, I was actuylly looking into the thread because I was wondering why there are no WHQLs yet, seeing all those problems I know why. Thankfully they run without any problems whatsoever on my rig.

12. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    this is the first time I am having too many issues with a beta driver.

In Crysis 3, the game randomly crashes and I get a error message "dxgi_error_device_removed"

Once the crash happens some other games will not run unless I restart my PC such as Far Cry 3

Also, I am getting random forced closed/crash on Bioshock Infinite.

Once I downgraded to version 314.22 all the problems went away.

13. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    I have to agree with vitale on this point, because there will always be some enthusiasts who want to squeeze more out of their hardware. And if that's not the case there will always be people who like to take control over their own hardware which doesn't include more features because it makes life more complicated, for example adding more variables into an equation is harder to solve in other words why make things harder when it can be easier.
    In conclusion I hope that Nvidia makes their products for mainstream use and for enthusiasts too, that way they tackle the majority of the market which gives the consumers the possibility to chose what they want.

I don't know what Nvidia specifically changed on this driver but I remember having seen that error message when I pushed my GPU overclock too high when testing it on EVGA Precision monitor. I also couldn't play any games anymore until I restarted my computer.

Maybe these drivers uses more resources of our hardware but this is just guessing, so feel free to add your thoughts.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  14. ChandlerL

ChandlerL Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 1.5
    Speaking of Neverwinter...

The 320 beta drivers list Neverwinter (new MMO from Cryptic) as having SLI support. Having installed the beta, there isn't a profile for Neverwinter at all.

Can anyone with the 320 betas installed pop into nvidia inspector and see if they have a Neverwinter profile? Perhaps with a screenshot I can duplicate the settings-- just in case the missing profile is something on my end.

Tried a clean install, just in case- no joy.

15. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    Getting hard locks in Blood Dragon, comp freezes and plays that looping high pitched sound and i need to force restart.

16. SoloCreep

SoloCreep Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI
    Driver works flawlessly for me.

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It doesn't make any sense though.

Joe Average will be fine with the standard gpu boost feature. The card will vary its clocks depending on load and headroom.
    An enthusiast, someone searching for the last bit of performance, would either take care of the bios restrictions himself or mount a different heatsink / waterblock (or both). So that's no issue either.

The only thing remaining now is the tiny group of people that don't fit in either one of the above groups.
    I can understand people who complain when their new laptop doesn't reach its default clocks under extended load. But this isn't the case here.
    These cards do still reach their normal clocks under load. The only thing that doesn't happen is that they'd reach their absolute maximum boost clock all the time, or use all the reserve available, all the time. So that's not a big issue for me.

PS: Texture corruption in Black Ops 2 has been fixed for me with the 320.00 Quadro driver!

18. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    I was still having BSOD issues after rolling back to 314.22. Never had any issues like this before either.

So I ended up having to reformat. I dunno if once the 320.00 were installed it hoses something with Windows or corrupts individual games. I removed the driver, ran driver sweeper (which I haven't had to do in years), but no matter what even rolling back to the 311.xx drivers on Windows update my machine was still BSOD'ing with the nvlddmkm.sys error once I installed 320.00.

Anyone else have issues after going back to an earlier driver after having issues with 320.00? Unfortunately it was too late to go back to an earlier restore point so I wiped everything and reinstalled.

19. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    nope. no NWN (neverwinter.exe) profile in 320.00

20. DJ_Casper

DJ_Casper Guest

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4070 Dual
    You've helped a lot to the community of gamers and nVidia a lot! Thank you!