MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 9(2013-04-2)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Apr 2, 2013.

1. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Bug Report: Push-to-talk hotkey seems not working in 3.0.0 beta 9

edit: even with latest RTSS server 5.1.1

Last edited: May 3, 2013
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Beta 10 is expected soon, changes list includes:

• Improved NVAPI access layer architecture with better extendibility
    • Improved hardware monitoring module architecture with better extendibility
    • Added temperature limit, power limit, voltage limit and maximum overvoltage limit graphs to hardware monitoring module for release 320 and newer NVIDIA driver. The graphs help you to understand the reasons of realtime performance limitations (e.g. reaching power target) on GPU Boost compatible graphics cards
    • Added framebuffer, video engine and bus controller usage graphs for NVIDIA graphics cards to hardware monitoring module
    • Added generic NVAPI videomemory usage monitoring for NVIDIA graphics cards unattached to Windows desktop (e.g. dedicated PhysX accelerators)
    • Updated power reporting for release 320 and newer NVIDIA drivers. Now MSI Afterburner reports normalized total power according to NVIDIA recommendations
    • Added core voltage control for reference design NVIDIA GeForce GTX 7x0 series graphics cards
    • Added core voltage control for reference design AMD RADEON 7990 graphics cards with VT1556 voltage regulators
    • Build number is now displayed in “i” window and in application tray icon tooltip
    • Localizable installer files for third party translators are now included in distributive in .\SDK\Localization\Installer folder
    • Now RivaTuner Statistics Server installer is being started by MSI Afterburner installer to make installation process easier for beginners. The server distributive is being copied to .\Redist\RTSSSetup.exe during MSI Afterburner installation, so you may always install it later in necessary
    • RivaTuner Statistics Server has been upgraded to version 5.1.1

3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    "Added temperature limit, power limit, voltage limit and maximum overvoltage limit graphs to hardware monitoring module for release 320 and newer NVIDIA driver. The graphs help you to understand the reasons of realtime performance limitations (e.g. reaching power target) on GPU Boost compatible graphics cards"

That is interesting and could be very helpful , what would it show on graph a limit line on each showing it's max ?

4. Unwinder

It will be a binary graph with on/off (1/0) state. Signaled (1) state will indicate that the corresponding limit is reached and affects system performance.

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Ok, I see .

Looking forward to official release whenever that happens .

6. fgw

fgw Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX Lightning
    alex, is this the first sign of upcoming plugin support for hardware monitoring?

7. Unwinder

Not yet, the changes are aimed to simplify the process of adding new built-in graphs.

8. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    A lot of fun stuff there, looking forward to it thanks! :)

9. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti

Do it soon... :)

10. Unwinder

I've already submitted it to MSI yesterday, so I think it is a question of day or two.

11. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Do you aware of the bug I've just reported?

12. Olvik

Olvik Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Perfect :)

13. Unwinder

Everything I ignore is ignored for reason. Sorry. I don't want to waste time on the next fake bug discussion.

Edit:
    My bad, just found the problem. It is a problem from from RTSS side, it will be fixed with next RTSS update, not with Afterburner one.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  14. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Thanks for your attention. :giggle2:

15. ekyxor

ekyxor Guest

GPU:
    Msi 660 TI OC
    Would be nice to get fix for recording audio codecs because they are not working with Adobe premiere. Changed my afterburner to version 2.2.2 and no problems with audio in premiere. Any other version aftert that is missing audio when editing in premiere. 2.2.2 would be nice if it can record two audio sources but it can't so please fix this issue! :)

16. Rhezuss

Rhezuss Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0
    Do you still need the "-xcl" command to remove the flickering with HD7000s cards?

And BTW, can't wait for the final release, AB is the best OC program out there.

17. Unwinder

Nothing to fix, Adobe has limited support for multichannel audio and multiple audio tracks in file. Record everything to one track downmixed to stereo to make it visible to Adobe.

18. Unwinder

Sorry, use search. There are well-documented AMD compatibility options for that in General tab.

19. ekyxor

ekyxor Guest

GPU:
    Msi 660 TI OC
    I recorded down mixed audio in 2.3.1 and in this 3.0.0 beta and it didn't work in premiere. The audio track is added to the premiere but premiere can't process it completely. Only way I got audio track work in premiere was to load recorded file to it, moved it to editing area, right clicking premiere icon in task bar and left click back to premiere so it conformed the file. Even after that there was missing audio for two seconds at the beginning and at the end of the clip. Without this procedure it gives error when conforming. And if I minimized the window, after I got that audio track work, it went fckd up again. With 2.2.2 recorded file I just load the file to premiere and I can come and go between programs without problems with the audio track.

20. Unwinder

Nothing to add to the things I said above. Configure downmixing /multiple tracks mixing properly, there won't be any fixes and additional comments on it.