RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Just figured out that adding Dxtory.exe and Dxtory64.exe to Compatibility List and setting Disable API Detection for them fixed the crash. Could record Bioshock Infinite using DxTory and RP running together. Follow this link to RP Forums to see how to add it to compatibility list.

Yeah, I think shankly1985 uses DxTory for that matter, maybe I can add that feature to RP in future updates.

2. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Japamd :D
    Let me go and try this adding Dxtory to RP might fix the crashing on Fifa 13.
    Dxtory
    Is great for having Multi audio devices recorded so USB headset games audio, sound card Teamspeak and then Mic. These all get recorded into there own audio channel this is great because your Teamspeak chat isn't mixed with the games audio easy editing :D

Edit
    Nope :( still CTD worth a try :D

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  3. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090

You sir, are a freaking god. Thank you for this :)

EDIT:

Worked like a charm, thank you :banana:

EDIT 2:

Nope, I was able to record about 4 minutes and then got a crash in FC3 Blood Dragon. Turn off RP and was able to record uninterupted with Dxtory for 1hr 30mins :(

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  4. 51cent

51cent Member

GPU:
    Sapp. R9 290X Tri-X
    Texture LOD broken

Hello there.

Setting the texture LOD doesn't work for me, neither on the global profile nor on application profiles.
    If I shut down the RadeonPro Service, I can set the texture LOD just fine in ATI Tool, so it's not a driver issue (13.4 WHQL) or something.

I really appreciate RadeonPro and your great support. :)
    Keep it up!

5. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Anyone got any ideas about this? I'm still getting the error and having to start the service manually every time I boot.

6. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    sounds like a permissioning error

set it start as administrator...

i believe its in the task sceduler...

7. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    It's the RP service (RadeonProSupport.exe) that isn't starting automatically, not the application, so I don't think it's a permission thing. I run as Administrator anyway so anything should be able to run.

8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    what does the services log say?

9. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    The SYSTEM log shows:
    A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the RadeonPro Support Service service to connect.

and then

The RadeonPro Support Service service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

10. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i see...
    have you tried uninstalling, then reinstalling?

11. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    Probably not. I think I just upgraded from the Derko build so I'll try that thanks.

12. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Uplay overlay was enabled?

Looks like it's something related to the security certificate validation. An user posted about it in RP Community

http://community.radeonpro.info/que...upport-service-service-on-computer?page=1#617

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Does anybody know how to get AA working in Skyrim? I edited out the ForcedAA=False line in atiapfxx but it still doesn't work.

Anybody have a fix?

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    ?

are you talking in-game or radeon pro?

RP has always worked for me..

15. alatariell

alatariell Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090 Aorus
    Hello Jap,

first many thx for your all your work on radeon Pro, AMD can learn from its, its so mandetory.....

i have a slight problem with the game Tera on Windows 8 x64. I used the same setting as i use on windows 7 x64. In win7 its working like a dream but for some reason win8 wont detect the game with the same settings. i tried alot of things, add stuff also to the compatibility list but it just wont detect the tera.exe executible.

The launcher settings are on games for windows live/Starcraft II. Thats where the problem is cause when i set the launcher to custom or none radeon pro is triggered but the game cant load due to its need the launcher is needed.

Do you have any advice what i can do the make your fantastic app trigger tera on windows 8?

Many thanks in advance.

ps.

If i choose another game like Guild wars 2 its correctly triggered, just tera iisnt.

Last edited: May 3, 2013

16. Kuldebar

Kuldebar Guest

GPU:
    GT730 2GB/DDR5
    Look, I don't run Windows 8, but recently when I updated my GPU driver and RadeonPro, I had a similar problem with TERA and the RadeonPro Profile. I fixed it by do this in the Triggers for the TERA profile:

[​IMG]

From that point on, RadeonPro and SweetFX settings worked in TERA.

17. alatariell

alatariell Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4090 Aorus
    Hi Kuldebar,

Just edited the triggers like you have setted them. The launcher gets triggered now by radeon Pro (I have profile load sounds on). Still when clicking the play button from where the tera.exe executible is triggered, radeon pro isnt triggered.

thx for your quick reply and help though

18. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
  19. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Regarding the Black Ops 2 bug, I have sent you details for my old steam account that has Black Ops 2 on it. Hope it helps in fixing the issue.

20. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz

Just found out the cursor flashing reason in BlackOps II MP. For some reason that game doesn't like the keyboard pooling routine used by RadeonPro, a simple Win32 API call (GetKeyboardState) causes the cursor to flash. I don't know how to fix it yet, but will try to find a solution.

The bug occurs only on BlackOps II MP and has nothing to do with OSD or Post-processing effects used by RP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.