Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    No problem here as i said earlier, I have been only playing a Heavily modded skyrim only and nothing else.

2. Viscerous

Viscerous Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA 2080 SUPER
    To add to the ever increasing list of issues related to this set of drivers, I could not for the life of me get regular transparency supersampling to work. Rolling back worked although I think I had to reset the setting regardless. Might be a saving problem? Maybe someone else feels like testing it extensively.

3. Rafael_Morales

Rafael_Morales Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I'll leave some comparisons between some old drivers with the newest 320.00.

3Dmark 13
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Metro 2033
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sniper Slite V2
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Far Cry 3

ULTRA - MSAA Off - SSAO - FOV 100

Driver 313.96
    Frames, Time (ms),
    10406, 122500,
    Min, Max, Avg
    66, 152, 84.947

Driver 320.00
    Frames, Time (ms),
    11144, 118828,
    Min, Max, Avg
    67, 178, 93.783

I have not noticed any performance gain in Crysis 3.
    In the Tomb Raider had small performance gains.
    I had no problem with this driver using the 64bit Win 8.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  4. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    The system just 'freezes', if I minimised a folder it would freeze as it was fading out so you could see a half transparent folder, the circular 'busy' icon would stop rotating and moving the cursor over various icon types in a folder would freeze the system for a few seconds.

It's only done it the once mind, played a good hour of DOOM 3 today and no problems followed by an hour of FarCry (the first one) and again no problems so keeping them installed until either it happens again or another BETA/WHQL driver is released.

5. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I had a similar thing just happen. I was browsing thru some pictures in Explorer for awhile, when I clicked on the [X] button to close the window, bang system froze.

6. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    I'm on win 8, and my BSODs were really system freeze.

System freeze, followed by black screen (reboot).
    First one happened while working in windows, then 2nd was at login screen (after entering password and hitting RETURN ),
    and there's the third while rebooting from 2nd system crash. All three crashes happened in one sequence.

All this happened day or two after 320.00 install. I reverted GPU undervolt, and it looks to be fine now (36 hours later). Of course I'm not 100% sure all is OK.

EDIT: WTF is going @ GF Forums? Erwin still going strong LMAO.
    I remember being banned once just for being sarcastic.

7. Mangix

Mangix Guest

8. IMaysky

IMaysky Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RX 470
    ManuelG, Hello. After clean installing this driver, Windows Update find old audio driver. This occurs as Windows 7 and at Windows 8. Although it may be a mistake Microsoft. Just wanted to report it.
    [​IMG]

9. BRIAN_OC

BRIAN_OC Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 480
    320.00 fixed in win7+KB2670838 update problem? (yellow roads)

10. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    I just would like to know if people having problems have net. framework 4.5 installed ?. if not try installing it and give the drivers ago again.

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    no problems here...

12. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well...

Went well for a few days, the 320.xx drivers are fast. But stable their not. Had a full system freeze browsing the web with these with a nvidia error, also some corruption in BF3.

Went back to the latest WHQL and problem solved.

These feel more like a Alpha build rather than a Beta to me.

13. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G

Haha, that comes from a bad google search where you didn't do enough research methinks lol.

But you're both wrong as I don't have those crashes after reverting to 314.22 ... same voltages though, and everything else the same all over the board, so proves you totally wrong.

0x124 means more then only that btw.
    Theoretically, it could be related to ram also, and very often it's related to gfx driver crashes (I wrote this phrase before pasting the 2nd quote, going to leave it so you can understand I know something about this).

In this case, after several ppl already having reported the exact same issues... and having a stable system with other NVIDIA drivers, we're just going to go with a gfx driver problem, instead of my voltages which have been like that for +2 year...

If you think a BCC code literally means only 1 thing, you're doing it wrong.
    When, after a video driver install, you suddenly get 3 bsods's on 3 days total... when otherwise, you get maybe 1 on 3 weeks or longer total... I think we know then what the issue was don't we?

A bit more logic yeh.

14. qwato

qwato Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080TI
    So you say because you are experiencing these bsods it means you got a solid argument..ok

Next when you also state that you get crashes once per 3 weeks you mean it is not at all system related..ok

All in all seems your reasoning is very solid..

15. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I know you're a decent PC guy by some of your past posts here. You seem to have a solid grasp of how it works, so please accept my apologies in advance, this is not a stick at you.

It's been quite a wile since I've gotten a BSOD. The last one turned out to be my sound card failing. Have you tried re seating your video card and memory? Changed your sound card slot. One BSOD every 3 weeks is still way more than you should be getting.

I'm not saying this driver can't be at fault, I had issues with it myself. This driver gave me a driver has failed to respond 3000 sec error and locked my PC up solid. But I also know my card is factory overclocked and nVidia is always tightening it's code so I expect some issues "I wish I had never purchased a factory overclocked card"

Just saying.

16. madx

madx Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 550 Ti SC
    My system stutter and froze more than Fallout 3 with these drivers. These are the first betas that gave me trouble in awhile.

17. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    So far, I am not enjoying windows 8 experience due to Nvidia lack of quality drivers on windows 8 64bit.
    :3eyes:

18. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

Quality is great in Windows 8 for me; however, I don't do SLI.

19. Alien_Zero

Alien_Zero Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Suprim X
    I do Nvidia surround and triple SLI......a nightmare in windows 8 :bang:

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I guess you could only make it worse by using 3D... SLI is always a risk and several screens in combination may or may not work.