AMD Catalyst 13.5 B2 (12.102.3.0 April 16)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by stasio, Apr 24, 2013.

1. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Doesn't work for me and I know for other GCN owners too. And haven't seen anyone with a Clevo P150EM have it working either. But thanks for being a dick.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  2. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Guest

GPU:
    AMD/nVidia
    Played few games so far, it seems like they are, and it seems they are less laggy compared to 13.2 beta 6.

3. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    i have to say that until AMD doesn't fix the frame latency issue with Crossfire, i will keep it off...'cause into some games (es. Batman Arkham City, Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution & others...) i always notice stuttering if i don't fix them with Radeonpro at 30fps DFC with v-sync on...but since one GPU only is able to do that easily, i don't see any CF improvement, it becomes pointless. IMHO It's too much wait for this drivers yet...it's really incredible that they didn't fix this big issue a long time ago...

4. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    Then it's Clevo's problem because i've seen HD7730M user used RadeonPro.

Yes, the driver that improve frame latency/pacing issue will probably come late June or July... unless there is a leak.

5. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Try again. John said himself switchable graphics is not supported. The way the switching works, prevents RadeonPro from detecting it. Stop being a dick when you don't know what you are talking about. I've asked John himself, I'll take his word over yours, every time.

"It looks like that switchable graphics solution completely disable the secondary adapter (the Radeon chip) so RP can't detect it correctly."

"Mobile chips are not currently supported, sorry."

And for your information, it is working properly. It's called muxless, if done right, regardless if iGPU or dGPU is functioning, it all goes through IGP's display engine.

I and others have found workarounds. Don't need your misinformed input.

Say lolwut more and post more hearsay. It really helps.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I uninstalled CCC and installed RP, even using default settings my mouse cursor flashes/blinks in BO2 making it near impossible to select anything and forces me to use the arrow keys to select stuff. I have posted this in the RP thread but no valid answers yet.

Also, is anyone getting this in FC3 with these?

[​IMG]

Game is fully updated, running it at DX11 Ultra settings, 8XMSAA, SSAO, Foliage on Enhanced, Framerate capped @ 30fps. It appears in certain scenarios, and only in one place on the island. I can look up straight at it, then if I look down slightly it disappears and the world is rendered properly...? Strange.

7. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I don't game much anymore however I have seen that, not in Far Cry but Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas.

It happens to me when AO is enabled in RP, try disabling SSAO and see if it makes any difference.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Will do, although SSAO gives me the best graphics IQ out of the three HBAO, HDAO. I will try and disable it, as I have a save file exactly where it happened. I have left AO in RP disabled even in the Global settings. Just messing around with different options now to try and solve the flashing/blinking cursor in BO2.

Also, just a quick question. I remember back in the day of the old Radeon cards and the drivers they had "Antisoptropic Optimization", "Trillinear Optimisations" selectable within CCC but now they don't. I loved these settings and its great to see them in RP again. Would these have any effect on graphical anomalies such as this as I have them both enabled as they don't really effect IQ much and give a little better performance.

9. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    They are on the tweaks page on RP.

Also, RP is designed to work with CCC, not as a standalone. There is some question as to whether the caps work wthout ccc installed as they are an integral part of CCC.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Not really since RP overrides any CCC graphics settings.

11. 51cent

51cent Member

GPU:
    Sapp. R9 290X Tri-X
    I think the application profiles of CCC and RadeonPro are completely independent. It would be new to me if it were otherwise.

Btw. the CCC application profiles are also forced when it is closed.

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    CAP's are just a binary file included with the drivers and will be applied with or without CCC installed. All CCC does is provide an interface to edit the profiles.

Edit

Actually CCC isn't even needed to edit the profiles, converting the .blb file to XML then editing the settings and converting it back to binary will do the same thing as CCC...just some useless FYI.

13. atoneapone

atoneapone Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6650M +6520g/ 1GB
    I just sent a bug report to AMD about permanent BLACK SCREEN after LCD goes into powersave (reboot brings back screen but problem repeats. Problem not there in 13.4). This happens on my Asus K53tabbr6 laptop (mobile gfx 6720G2). Report AMD bug report below:
    http://www.amdsurveys.com/se.ashx?s=5A1E27D20B2F3EEC

Numerous people here had this problem, so report it at the link above:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4584446&postcount=166
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4585626&postcount=223
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4584319&postcount=158
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4584500&postcount=175
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4584872&postcount=188
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4585164&postcount=209

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    source please...

to the best of my knowledge this question has not been answered.

15. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    It overrides CCC Global profile, and user profiles, but it does NOT however override caps.

16. HiCZoK

HiCZoK Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1060 6GB G1
    Installed these and they are just good. Dont feel any difference. Tho new radeonpro ui flickers in visual tab... not sure is it fault of rp or drivers tho.

17. DM789

DM789 Master Guru

GPU:
    NitroRX6800
    i'm having lots of black square flickering when starting Tomb Raider, before i got to main menu,

and why is tomb raider still CTD, even if its not that often anymore, can't square enix or AMD fix it ?!

i'm tired of repeating gameplay, everytime it happens.

18. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I know they are on the tweaks page in RP. That's what I said, I loved them in the old CCC back in the X1000 series days but when I got my 4870x2 they had overhauled the drivers and took a lot of options out (such as "Force 24bit Z-buffer" and even Catalyst A.I which was remained to something else). I like RP better than CCC now as it gives some of these options back that made AMD cards great and adds some ones that AMD should have implemented a long time ago such as Dynamic Vysnc and more.

19. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Does anyone have a Linux version of this beta driver? AMD only posted a WHQL version...

Cheers,
    deltatux

20. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    My only problem was with the windows 7 index score since this gpu was instaled on the pc the score was at 7.8, now it droped to 7.7 but yes they are fast sorry for my bad english this bug only apear on me, or more of you felas have this is my gpu damaged,or psu