Nvidia GeForce 320.00 Beta - Download and Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 23, 2013.

1. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Bug filed

2. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti @1.5Ghz
    Hi again, just wanted to ask other GTX680 users and this is for single GPU setups only. When you overclock your card and you know what you max stable core frequency is do you still encounter throttling now and again?
    *On stock bios*
    Mine is max 1,346Mhz core clock stable on 1.175V but still dips now and again to almost 1280Mhz and voltage aswell to 1.150 ~ 1.1 but would go back up. GPU usage will always show 99% so no issue there. Temps never exceed 68C because using a big custom cooler on it. This would happen during certain areas of benchmarks, 3dmark11, Catzilla, Unigine Heaven & Valley. Have to test on more like 3dmark firestrike etc.
    Games it would not happen soo often though but still pisses me off that I get on some areas in games 55-58 fps where there is heavy **** going on and when I check my GPU stats I see that it dropped to around 1280Mhz core and 1.150 or lower voltage. While I have the thing setup to 1,346Mhz with 132% power limit and 1.175V. My power % would never reach 132% and would always hover around 122% and lower.

ManuelG can you kinda direct me to some whitepaper or link or explain how this damn GPU Boost 1.0 works because I thought I knew exactly how it works but apparently the higher I try to overclock, passed 1333Mhz core clock it would throttle down sometimes.

PS. This does not happen if I clock my card lower then 1,300Mhz core clock.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  3. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Yeh I'm feeling you.
    Day before yesterday everything was fine (after my first install problems), but yesterday, got a 124 too....
    Haven't uninstalled them as I love the performance, but these babies are prone to crashing it seems.

Let's hope the performance is kept and problems solved with next beta/WHQL's.

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @klapcos: I never experienced anything like that. As long as the temperature was fine and the load was there the clockrate always stayed at the maximum boost frequency / set overclock.

5. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Maybe some kind of algorithm in the driver that wouldn't keep at set core overclock. I mean my card is not even reaching 68C and 132% power limit yet in heavy areas sometimes would dip to 1280Mhz core clock and lower voltage for a few seconds and I'm suffering because fps will be around the 50's while I know the card can run higher to improve those heavy scene's fps in gun battles in some games.
    I would like to know if it's driver or games related. I know this is a bit of a tough one but maybe with ManuelG's help I can figure out which one is causing these very odd moment throttling dips.

6. Iruwen

Iruwen Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    That's why I modded my BIOS, but that's not an option for you iirc (which I understand and respect of course).

7. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    I have a feeling this reference card is the issue. Later versions GTX680 & 670 etc. are better in that aspect I believe. I really hoped the bios modding would solve it but alas made it worse. I wish I knew how this GPU Boost works on the first reference GTX680 cards.

8. Klapcos

Klapcos Active Member

GPU:
    Could you maybe share your bios settings with me, easiest way is load it up in kepler bios tweak tool and make some screenshots of the settings. If possible I would highly appreciate it :)

9. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    i have some issues with Dota 2..

10. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013

11. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I cant get power management on adaptive. crazy things start to happen to the computer. :eek:c:

12. BillieGDJoe

BillieGDJoe Guest

GPU:
    MSI 560 TI GTX HAWK
    Same here. Why this is the default setting?

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Maybe because loads of others don't have issues with it?

14. superzeus

superzeus Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    For me this Drivers are garbage dont work i get 2 crashes a window pop up saying something about direct x i get back to 314.22

15. Michalko

Michalko Guest

GPU:
    a good one
    problem with invisible heros and problem with sound after driver update

16. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I dont know if I was having crashing or just had a bad driver install.

2 times I was playing a game and my system restarted with no error

and when booting back up. the screen would loose signal after the logo and would not come on.

after the 2nd time it did this,I booted into safe mode and removed the drivers. rebooted and cleaned installed the drivers.

lets see if it fixed the problem.

17. TheLeapist

TheLeapist Guest

GPU:
    MSI 660 TI Power Edition
    I believe this was mentioned earlier on in the thread but I can confirm that with these drivers League of Legends is crashing at the beginning of every game for me.

18. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    If you get more performance from a driver its most likely taxing the card more, so your overclocks might not be stable any more...

19. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

This is most likely related to TDP and power target. Even with my PT (Power target) at 132% I get throttling just boosting to 1215mhz with a 500mhz memory overclock in 3DMark11 and certain other heavy instances, i.e. Hard Reset. With a 1000ms polling rate I can easily see my card bouncing off its 132% limit with just a 100+ mHz GPU offset. Keep in mind the card itself reacts much more quickly then even Precision or AB can show i.e. <10ms so I ask how are you coming up with your power target numbers during these throttling moments. Perhaps post a screen shot showing these numbers graphed.

20. Gyrxiur

Gyrxiur Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX660 2GB OC
    These drivers were freezing my PC with GTX460 so I've reverted to latest WHQL.