Codemasters GRID 2(?!)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by shoja, Aug 3, 2012.

1. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    do we get to customize parts in GRID like in Gran Turismo?

2. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    That isn't Forza. That is a spin off game with name only. but it isn't like PC sims have great realistic crashes any way.

Try again:moon:

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  4. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    You're coming off awfully desperate. Comparing a game in dev to one that has been out for a long while.

Using a game not fully developed by Turn 10 and is not even a track based racer like Forza is.

Not sure if you're being serious or not.

But I will admit the crashes in forza are pathetic but if crashes are how we determine Sim from Arcade then there are no sims, period.

5. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    its not only the crashes, but its also the handling, physics etc and i cant show that in a video, you must experience that yourself.

6. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB

I have and Hence why I disagree :) Forza is far from arcade. Is it the best and most realistic sim made, No, Obviously but that doesn't make it an Arcade racer either :)

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I hope it plays better than it looks.

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Games like GT or Forza may not be hardcore sims, but they provide what no PC game ever did - extensive career, lots of cars, customizations, large community, good multiplayer and so on all in an easy to use package. I miss a game like this where I can just start it and enjoy great choice of tracks and cars and do single race against the AI, or go online, or just continue my career or just check the cars specs while Jeremy Clarkson tells me his opinion on it.
    GRID2 will not be this kind of game. It will not even come close to it. Just the next arcade racer - have fun with it for a week and forget about it.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  9. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

You said it perfectly really. Forza may not be harcore sim but it's still a great racing game and feels pretty real w/o assists. The options available and the production value of the game really puts it all over the top. So easy to just pick it up and go, and it's ALWAYS a good ride. Also, it would be so stupid easy for M$ to port over. I just don't see why they haven't and honestly it's frustrating. Anyways, sorry to derail the thread.

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Looks good so far...I just hope they stay true too the first grid, Grids online racing was fun aswell

11. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
    GRID 1 online racing, good times :D

12. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Sorry about the dated OP. Been busy with college and stuff. Updating now.

13. rievhardt

rievhardt Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7870
    can we customize cars in GRID? I'm new in Grid series and been wanting a PC racing game. I like Gran Turismo over NFS. would GRID be a good choice?

14. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB

Most likely not. Grid is very much in the NFS realm of racers than the Gran Turismo side but the game is fun.

Go download the Demo for the first one on PC and see what you think.

You can't customize the cars in any real way other than a basic paint job.

15. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070

16. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    My mate will be very happy, he played first one religiously! Never really got into it or GT. Always liked rally or F1 more.

Is there a racing game with a good career when you start from karting and build it up and then decide what you gonna become? Touring cars/open wheels/off road etc. That would be great!

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Project Cars is supposedly going to do this.

Quite interesting to see so many of the upcoming racing games share a large part of cars, settings and tracks. Coincidence?

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Last edited: May 2, 2013
  19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Rinse 'n repeat most of the time. Same goes for pCARS. Remember how over a year ago we got like 3 "new" tracks in a space of a couple of weeks?

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes but even the cars. It almost seems like the manufacturers only wanted to see some few cars within games or as if they only had data for some few vehicles.
    I'm fine with the tracks, mostly, as there are only this and that many "famous" tracks around the world. "AAA" tracks or whatever someone may want to call them.
    But cars? There's so many of them and we always get the same versions and models.