UEFA Champions League !

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by slick3, Apr 15, 2012.

1. Vandrende Pind

Vandrende Pind Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X
    Oh yeah, some epic matches coming up!

2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    really looking forward to the bayern barca game. bayern is really playing well again tonight in the cup. 6-1!!! final is in sight, and since they already are winners of the bundesliga only the champions league left.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wil be a long day until the matches started. (and barcelona will be hammered by bayern).

Good to see Man UTD win the league tonight with a hattrick by van persie

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    watched it. kinda emotional right now. title back where it belongs. RVP phenomenal tonight. Well done everyone at Old Trafford.

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    :banana: WOOAHHH!!!! :banana:

What an incredible season it has been. RVP contributed massively. Having watched United all my life, there is always some team that comes around and challenges United. It was once Liverpool/Arsenal, then came Chelsea, and last season it was Citeh... what they all have in common, we always showed them their places.

6. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well done Utd back with you again 20th time, exciting.. :) Heres to next season :cheers:

Still extremely happy to be 2nd in Premiership after remembering the 1st and even 2nd divisions not all that long ago :O, success is still fresh for us, not just expected, next decade will be interesting for manchester :infinity:

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    it will be if city steady the ship. On a good day, city have a better starting 11 than utd imo, it's just that over the course of the season they seem to get into these needless times of controversy, player bust ups etc. The gap this year is big, which surprises me. I'm excited to see what will happen if utd strengthen even further more with 1-2 world class players and we'll also see a few youngsters coming good next season (or even better, they were already good this season). People like Rafael, De Gea, Jones, they excite me. I'm glad we are past the times when people asked how are we going to replace to likes of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham, Keane, Neville etc. They've all gone now or play only a minor part. So here's to the future :)

EDIT: And cheers Doug for being a "good looser". Always good to see.

8. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Oh yes :D Shame we didnt get a proper challenge this year! we have 3 generations of playes in this team.. Giggs/Scholes, Carrick/Rooney, Welbeck/Jones! Looking forward to the next year.

9. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    ugh 1 goal from bayern was offside the other was an obstruction from muller on alba...

still they def outplayed barca tonight. messi looks injured...i'd have like to have seen Tello+Villa (if fit).

10. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    I hate to say it, but this match shows how over-reliant they are on Messi.

He has done literally nothing. No crosses, no shots, no holding possession, barely any pressure, he isn't making those cute runs behind the defense. They are almost playing a 4-3-3 with a hole in the middle of the final third. And yet they refuse to take him off when almost anyone on the bench would be contributing more.

But waow, Barca getting destroyed there. 3RD goal, surely it was a foul, has to be a foul.

OMG.... 4-0!! :banana:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013

11. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    hah like i predicted barcelona is getting hammered!
    something i expect in the return match aswell.
    terrible ref though, 4x hands in the first half by barcelona. (where 2 should be a penalty for bayern) penalty denied for barca 2nd half. offside goal by bayern.lol at alba throwing the ball in robbens face. barca can really be sore loosers at times.
    still a fully deserved win for bayern.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
  12. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    OMG, Barca just got schooled, humiliated in the final 5 minutes. But at least now they know what it's like to have decisions go against them. Either way, the referees should've done a better job. Barca is out most definitely. Bayern played great with the possession they had.

Messi, well.... a sleeping, blindfolded, stuck in the basement Stevie Wonder could've seen that he had been uber sh^t. He should've been off by the ~60th minutes.

13. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    looking forward to tommorow now, one would say madrid would win, if it wasnt that dortmund already played 2-1 and 2-2 vs madrid, will be a tight match

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    incredible bayern. well done.

15. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti

16. sAAdC

sAAdC Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX260M 1GB
    Lewandowski you beast!

17. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Dortmund deserves to be where they are. Lol what a final score. They have a good club, loyal players,great fans, good manager and a good playstyle. Absolutely delighted for them.

It doesn't surprise me the German teams are doing so well. Each league has their time period where they excel. It used to be Serie A with Milan, then the EPL with United, then LaLia with Barca... now it's the Bundensliga.

"Power of the European football has shifted from Spain to Germany."

And then you read something like this and you can't help but laugh.

18. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wow really didnt expect this! real got hammered too lol
    well deserved. german footy at its finest :)
    bayern will even be better next year since the already signed dortmund's 2 best players lol

19. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Bundesliga vs World 11 = 8-1! Great football by Germans!

20. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    well gonna be a good world cup in brazil for them thats for sure :D