Quadro 311.50 WHQL

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by IamGODobeyORdie, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    :stewpid:
    I dont get it. You wont keep the driver because of lower FPS in a generic benchmark :bang::bang:

2. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    and due to the fact that i didn`t have any probs with the 319 release... so why should i keep a driver that only offers me worse performance? stability never was an issue thanks to god ;)

3. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    How do you know it will be worse if you only tested it in a generic benchmark. That doesnt tell y6ou anything

4. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    2 fps lost doesnt mean ****.

look at minimum fps first and foremost.

how many times i got lower scores only to have minimum fps raise by 5-10

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    awful performance in TR in sli mode, didnt test any further

6. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    I did loose min fps max fps and avg fps. And as u can see i'm not the only guy
    with a drop in performance. And the others did loose fps in games. So what?
    And the 319 is the better one for my rig... so why the heck are u complaining?
    That's what i don't get....

7. boerenlater

boerenlater Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 610 silent
    Installed them even though I doubt it it will make a difference on my card.

8. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    rant over? driver was not for me, people give experiences here on drivers.
    whats the problem?

9. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This driver seems to run 5 degrees hotter for me than the 311.15 so im rolling back to that.

It also dont seem as smooth either.

10. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    maybe some people are just pissed that i wrote that these drivers are no keepers for me and that i lost fps in benchmarks? just because i didn`t write about loosing game performance too? just thought that these numbers in benchies are more reproducible for others than writing bout how much fps i lost in bf3 or crysis3 ...really don`t know... read through thread...

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    stupid drivers and this famous nvidia thing, go to this driver for this game or that driver for that game.. Its getting really tiresome, I thought nvidia learned something from this but i guess not, still. They always fiddle with the code and break more then fix :p

Anyway I reverted to 314.22 because i dont want those black pixels in TR from tessellation, only 314.21 and 314.22 has this fixed.. Performance was fine with this 311.50 though:infinity:

12. Rapyer

Rapyer Guest

GPU:
    1080ti

they could give us a seamless option of switching to driver versions we want!. select driver version, reboot system and no need to reinstall anything etc, just a driver that works best for your particular system and that game. then reboot again to go back to latest driver if need be.

but that would be admitting your mistakes and will never happen, even though its a well known fact that with a lot of new drivers older games performance gets worse, while they are being optimized for newer stuff.

13. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Or something like a per-application optimization-selection engine. For example an ordinary "unoptimized" base driver with the ability to pick and choose optimizations that only apply to particular games. E.g. "Optimization bits" in NVIDIA Inspector, wouldn't that be cool?

I think part of the problem is that many of NVIDIA's driver optimizations happen on a more global basis, and that might be why compatibility with older games is breaking down over time.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  14. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Im not pissed at all. I find it incredibly silly to ditch a driver because somebody loses FPS in a generic benchmark. If you said that you lost FPS in games I wouldn't have said anything

15. Eesi

Eesi Guest

GPU:
    Gtx 1080 H2O
    Ok just as i said i only wrote the bench fps because i thought it would be more reproducible for others to compare.
    To bring this to an end i lost fps almost everywhere and since having this driver installed i get bsod... strange thing. Anyway seems like this all was just a case of misunderstanding.

16. kilyan

kilyan Master Guru

GPU:
    evga 1080 sc gaming
    believe or not in ffxiv ar beta compared to latest quadro i earned about 20 fps.
    319.xx=35-40 fps
    311.50=55-60 fps
    will see how it will behave in NW open beta,but for now thumbs up

17. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    my rig is like yours....i might give these a go!!!