Possible ideas for future Afterburner functionality upgrades

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lite

Lite New Member

GPU:
    GF 920MX 2GB 0.918V
    In user interface add full unlocking of frequencies and voltages in upper and lower limits with the ability to specify the upper and lower limits in the form of both: percentage and the absolute values.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

3. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I believe Unwinder has already explained how and why those limits are put in place. We end-users are not meant to override it, for safety and warranty reasons.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  4. Lite

Lite New Member

GPU:
    GF 920MX 2GB 0.918V
    And if to draw up a report on the total elimination of guarantees to and nothing to do with the consequences of the manufacturer of the program and force the user to SOGS with it and not to make claims?
    I use rivatuner for that (have fully unlocked frequencies) and all ok. Why that's bad in current RivaTuner descendants?
    Give me please links where it's explained why and explained how to little expand limits.
    Why the lower limit so hi? Did this burn down the graphics card?

Why "EVGA Precision X" have higher limit?

5. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    The purpose is to be proactive rather than reactive. It's not always easy to determine whether or not the user destroyed hardware by overclocking it.

6. Lite

Lite New Member

GPU:
    GF 920MX 2GB 0.918V
    Is there any possible way to increase limit by a little in GeForce like in Radeon?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  7. Unwinder

Nope.

8. Lite

Lite New Member

GPU:
    GF 920MX 2GB 0.918V
    Thanks... You're very cruel!

9. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    No way. Unwinder is already nice enough to provide us with the best free software. Besides, those limits are defined by MSI for their products.

10. Unwinder

Thanks. You're very greedy ;)

11. Imprezzion

Imprezzion Guest

GPU:
    MSI R7970 TF3 OC/BE
    Mate, I ordered the brand new MSI TF3 R7970 OC/BE card and i'm wondering if it will get / already has voltage control.

If it doesn't have it out of the box, are you guys planning to add it or will voltage control stay limited to Lightning 7970's only.

EDIT: Never mind. I got the card today and voltage control is perfectly fine and working for both core and memory in 3.0.0 Beta 9.

2.3.1 seems to be able to adjust it, but in GPU-Z VDDC stays the same no matter what I enter in MSI AB.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  12. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    I think in some cases you might just have to ignore what GPU-Z is telling you. Perhaps it is trying to read voltage via API and missing other custom VRM settings that are currently supported by Afterburner.

EDIT: Sorry, it seems I may have entirely misunderstood what you were saying there. Maybe the only one you should be ignoring is me, d'oh.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  13. Unwinder

GPU-Z doesn't support custom VRMs used of many PE, Hawk and Lightning series cards.

14. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    Thanks for the help. I think I misunderstood his post the first time, when I re-read it sounded as if Imprezzion meant GPU-Z reports voltage correctly when he uses Afterburner 3.0.0 beta 9 rather than version 2.3.1. In any event, all seems to be working fine now.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  15. lildevilgamer

lildevilgamer Guest

GPU:
    MSI GT640
    I would love to see a feature that would allow the osd not only to record video to a disk drive but also be capable of creating a capture device that streaming software (OBS, XSplit) could use, much like Dxtory does. I think that is DirectShow output or something. Oh and it would be sweet if it supported more than 2 audio sources for recording. Then it would be a complete streamer/youtuber dream software.

I know that recording videos is not the main purpose of this program but since I discovered it that's the only thing I use for recording.

16. seeker

seeker Guest

GPU:
    8 GB KINSTON
    video screen capture bluetooth headset compatibility

I would like screen capture video software that would be compatible with bluetooth headsets.
    It would have to support the following Bluetooth profiles:

Headset (HSP),
    Hands-free (HFP),
    Advanced Audio Distribution (A2DP),
    Audio/Video Remote Control (AVRCP)
    Bluetooth version 1.2

17. mzso

mzso Active Member

GPU:
    DUAL-RX580-O4G
    How would I calculate the value. for an arbitrari hotkey code. Such as ctrl+print screen

18. Unwinder

It is virtual key code combined with extended key and Ctrl/Alt/Shift modifier bits in traditional WM_HOTKEY format. It is not recommended to edit it if it tells you nothing.

19. ObserverJLin

ObserverJLin Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW SLI
    If possible, please add the feature "Temperature limit adjuster" similar to that used on EVGA Precision.

The purpose of this function is so that one could overcome the temperature throttle point Dell put into their vBIOS for GTX 780m in their 2013 laptop lineup AW14, 17 and 18. Dell set the temperature throttle point to 66 degrees with Optimus and 77 degrees without Optimus resulting in the 780m not able to reach it's full potential. To fully unleash the 780m's potential the limit should be 85 degrees.

Real world example: http://forum.notebookreview.com/att...lienware-17-owners-lounge-thread-msi-evga.jpg

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards
    John

20. zais

zais Guest

GPU:
    simplfied fps limiter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.