Dark Souls II Announced!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Wanny, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Kodiak33

Kodiak33 Guest

GPU:
    1080ti
    Tomb of the Giants was quite stressful without the Sunlight Maggot.

It looks like the only things they've added to the graphics engine is Durantes SSAO, better lighting, and cloth physics.

2. Iggyblack

Iggyblack Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX 960 1330/1790
  3. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    Cast light works just as good, but the thing is people need to figure out that such a miracle exists in the game (just like getting to know Sunlight Maggot exists).

4. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    correct......makes it more rewarding if you find them

but just grabbing a torch off the wall doesn't

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I want to ask a question for dark souls 1. I started to play it, but having hard times to understand where to go. What can I do? I think just explore and find my way hu? Dan lit fire respawn enemies. Lame.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    i think this is no game for you....

"Dan lit fire respawn enemies. Lame."

No, the other way around it'd be lame..

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i guess yes. it is so hardcore for me. i cant get FUN factor. The important thing is the FUN i get, and i get 0 for now. but will force myself to continue.i think i need arrows for those bastards which keep throwing me fire bombs from a high distance.

Actually i learned a few tricks and moves which i didnt know previously. jump and hit etc..and back jump instantly. and auto lock. i acted too fast to play but this game rewards you with patience it looks like( lol yoda like talking). and patience is hard to find in me :(..but will continue :)

8. phoeniks314

phoeniks314 Guest

GPU:
    GTX750
    Just play slowly, keep your block always up, strike only if your sure you hit,watch your stamina bar. Look for some videos on yt, they help a lot. DS is not a button masher, give it a try it's one of the best games ever made.

9. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Still stuck at the first undeads that throw firebombs? Really? Just cross that bridge already. :p

This game becomes insanely easier when you think outside of the box. Trust me.

10. Olorin

Olorin Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4070
    I hope DS2 will present more difficult challenges. If the game can succeed at making me run more in the opposite direction I'll probably be pleased. I don't want to be able to hack and slash my way through hordes of monsters. This isn't a game where you are supposed to be able to do that. This is a game world that you do not belong in. It should be frightening and the monsters should be very difficult to beat.

11. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    The reason why this game is so good is it's the kind of rare game that makes you think before you do...if you find a enemy that is to strong.....think....should i go another way.....or should i get a different weapon to kill it...or should i level up in certain areas so my attacks are stronger.....i can take more damage....and so on.

Must Have..........http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/.......I use.......http://www.amazon.com/Souls-Official-Guide-Future-Press/dp/3869930527

Finding the right combinations of things is key to easier play..

By the way, if you play this game the right way, and don't skip stuff, you can get 200+ hours of greatness..

I found using the sorcerer class is easier..

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  12. Raiga

Raiga Maha Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    This is so true. In all other games one would usually just run head's on spamming skills, but in this game its quite the opposite.

Especially when you have shields in this game, people just don't realize that blocking is one of the key gameplay elements.

-----
    All the offensive sorcerer's spells are either; out of Enemy acquisition range or just near, its easy to target them and cast :p.

With Cast Light spell, the game becomes even more easier as you can trade the skull lantern for a fog ring (further decreasing the enemy acquisition range).

13. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    i was wondering if you could get longer range.....like able to target further away.......

the depth in this game is amazing.....

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    The normal me can't handle this game. But this time, this is a challenge for me. Will play in daily bases.

By the way, why sorcerer is good? Shall I start a new game with him?

15. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    This game is all about Patience. People who have that virtue in abundance will have a far easier time with this franchise. How ever that Virtue is not really one you would associate with gamers.

Easiest way to play this game( IMO) is with a spear and shield. Long range and powerful attacks that are generally simple and easy to time. Along side a good defense with the shield.

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Shield and spear, which class?

17. menaceuk

menaceuk Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6950 2GB
    . No starting class has a spear so you will have to find/buy one A.S.A.P but warrior or Knight would be the obvious classes as they start with OK shields and have the needed strength and dex off the bat.

You can buy a Spear from the Undead merchant from Undeadberg which is very very early on in the game and it is pretty cheap. Only like 600 -800 souls.

But you can also get them as a drop from undead soldiers in undeadberg too if you would prefer to try and kind of farm one.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    so i started with my knight already. and will buy spear? hmm..sounds good :)

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    think I'll start the first game today. someone link all the tweaks here for me please, I'm too poorly to look online. pls. Wanny, I'm talking to you, you know you want to help me after saving your ass in PoE countless times!

20. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I'll say one thing to you for now : Patience. Once you got that and get to the point that tedious becomes insanely rewarding, then you'll get hooked.