AMD Catalyst 13.3 BETA 3 (12.100.17.0 March 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 19, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    This version crashes sometimes with me too...:3eyes:

2. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    no problem with this driver in my HD7950 and HD6770M.. 2 weeks and counting.

3. ClockClocker

ClockClocker Master Guru

GPU:
    970 gtx
    Guess it's time for that picture again :D
    [​IMG]

4. noil

noil Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970
    Hi all, im new here.. I hope you can hellp me. :)

I buy a Clevo 150EM + AMD 7970 2GB DDR5

I Like to know if i have a bether version of performance drivers or ccc? because i see mutch power in this AMD 7970 but is not running.. at full power! =/

I Play Tera online at 45, 19 FPS :(

AMD DRIVERS = SUCKS, BUT NOW I SEE,THEY ARE IMPROVING..

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013

5. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    hahahaha...

i posted that few months back as well...

6. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Unfortunately no. Maybe desktop users are praising AMD, I don't see that with mobile.

AMD likes to squat down and then take a huge **** on you 7970M. It's how they roll.

HNNNNNHHHNN. You like that mobile GCN customer? HHHHMHHMM, thanks for paying $600 for the 7970M. Now let us show our appreciation. HHHNNNHN, woo that's an extra stinky one. Cause that's how we show extra appreciation. -AMD

Unfortunately no, I can't use the drivers off Intel's site as AMD instructs. AMD drivers kills itself and then kills other applications I use, because it is that awesome, can't die alone. Repeated MMLOad deaths. I hear on Windows 7, that just causes the whole system to crash and BSOD. It's even more awesome on Win 7 than Win 8 I guess. On Win 7, it doesn't kill other apps, it just kills the OS, hooray,

And yes I've reported this issue with EVERY junk mobile driver they have released. AMD hasn't a single good driver for mobile GCN since ever, never. The 12.11 Performance Enduro driver was best so far, but it's still seriously lacking. And even the 12.11P kills itself, and apps and the OS with Intel drivers AMD recommends you install.

And don't worry, that's usually my recommendation if someone is having Intel/AMD issues, install Leshcat. And I know Leshcat desn't modify the Intel driver install settings, it's AMD he's fixing. Brilliant, one guy can do more than the entire AMD driver team. As I sad, AMD sqats down and just take a long continuous crap that doesn't seem to stop on mobile GCN.

Not off topic, completely on topic. 13.3 has the same rubbish issues that every mobile driver from AMD has had since May of 2012. And yeah, I have, others have, reported it to AMD, also encouraged AnandTech and others to question AMD, which they did. AMD responded by squatting down, and taking a huge crap on mobile GCN. It was very nice of them.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  7. noil

noil Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970

**** you amd!!! I lost all my money on this crap??? Come on...

8. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Maybe I just need to get a hold of the hardware myself and experience it, but atm I don't see it being "that" bad :/

As for my Xubuntu crashes, they seem non-existent now on 13.04. I'm not using xorg-edgers nor kernel 3.9 anymore though, so maybe that played a role with the instability. Still have the random glitching with Wine though.

9. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    These beta3 drivers aint bad at all on my system. Made tressfx in tombraider run higher fps as well. In fact better than the 13.1.

I do get black screens in crysis 3 when overclocking my videocard, had this also with the 6950 toxic though, and with every driver I tried, so I assume this is not a driver issue but more likely a motherboard/bios issue.
    Runs solid though when running at stock in crysis.

3DMark11 and vantage give me the scores my system should get also.

10. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    the picture its funy but i only wish that they guet their drivers working good couse lots of amd bsods bsod the normal one driver soped responding bf3 micro freezes in the first mission and rock and a hard place i guess is that the name im going crazy with that gpu and complain i complain for my one one hundred times and nothing stil the same so as i said im loosing hope on this felas but we never now so for now i wait maybe beter days wil come.

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    you have a 6850, what problems do you have?

most issues are with 7xxx series...

12. xacid0

xacid0 Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AMP! Omega
    what makes you think its your graphic card problem? care to upload your BSOD dump files?

13. VenoMaizeR

VenoMaizeR Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX480OC 8gb
    I Also have problems and i have 2x6850s, lots of freezes and the funny part is that i cant even install previous versions like 12.8 or whatever....cause the uninstall sucks and cant even remove the drivers correctly....lucky for me i have system restore On....Clean install from Nvidia ftw...easy and simple.

14. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Or, maybe AMD knows what they're doing with their installer, and you just "think" for whatever reason you need to do more than you have to :cool:

No, but seriously, CIM is enough to remove drivers in most cases. In the cases where it's not enough (for some reason), then AMD has some uninstall utility. And if you can't use that (AMD SATA controller, Windows 8, or some other reason), then you can always manually remove what you "have" to, or even try another uninstall utility like Driver Fusion/Sweeper and Atiman.

And if you don't even want to uninstall your drivers, just install the new set on-top of the old set, as this should even work fine in most cases, but really I'd just recommend CIM uninstall first.

But please, enlighten me as to exactly how AMD's uninstaller "sucks".

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2013
  15. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    EVER HEARD OF PUNCTUATION??? Stop typing like a retard, ffs. My IQ drops down to 50 trying to decipher this.

16. meatloaf2

meatloaf2 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 3 7850 2GB
    Grammar like that actually takes me longer to read, or at least understand, than a properly constructed sentence. Even when you take into account the natural pauses of commas and the ends of sentences, their absence makes it much more difficult to parse the text in a meaningful way, leading to confusion and having to make assumptions. In general your grammar makes it take longer to form a comprehensible image of what you are saying in my head.

It's not that hard to make it readable, you can skip the whole capitalizing of words, hell even skip line breaks, but please, please put commas and periods in there.

For the sake of all that is left of the english language, don't type any more words, at least not without a comma or two. :cry:

To not be completely off topic, I just want to say that I am actually having zero issues with these drivers, my system is stable with my CPU overclocked, and my 7850 is perfectly stable at a 1000/1250 OC without any crashes or corruption like I am hearing so much about. I do however eagerly await the next drivers, maybe even WHQL, not that the logo'd drivers even mean much to me, but I'm sure they put a bit of effort to make the WHQL drivers at least a bit more stable than the average beta drivers.

It has been a long while now without a proper update, and I'm almost certain they can squeeze out some more stability and performance from BioShock Infinite, considering the last drivers were probably optimized for a pre-release version. The game does get a bit unruly from time to time, in terms of frame rate, and I'd like a smoother experience for my second play through.

EDIT: Forgot to mention there is a built in spell checker in most browsers these days, it would be wise to use it. Honestly even if english is your fifth language, sentence structure is pretty much a part of any language as far as I know. This is almost worthy of YGS :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  17. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Hello gurus. Do we have any clue about new drivers? What the hell AMD is doing? That's the famous frequent beta drivers? It's been almost a month, well, I've lost faith, bugs won the whole amd team and issues are probably dominating at last..:stewpid: that's not a way to treat gamers I think.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well it's mid-April so if they do have a 13.4 beta planned it can't be that far off, unless the plan is to actually do a 13.4 WHQL, takes a bit of time to test, around two to three weeks from what I know.

19. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    The amount of children and clueless ranters in this thread is ridiculous.

20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    if here are children then we are sorry grandpa(?):3eyes: useless comment calling a thread ridiculous:bang:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.