BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    insta spawn on death kinda ruins any difficulty atleast last bioshock games would send u sometimes a ways back to a respawn vac now it doesnt seem to be an issue jump off a cliff insta spawn....

2. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    agree

sometimes i want to squeeze in a quick game (say maybe 1/2-1 hr) but dunno if i should because of checkpoint save, you imho you should be given an option to save on upon quitting

3. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    My feelings exactly... I don't have the time for extended hours of play, and with two young kids I grab a bit of play time when I can, so want to decide how long I wish to play... I hate checkpoints, and would like to see a return to quick saves.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm playing BI on 'easy' partly for the reasons above, and I just want to play the story rather than get too bogged down in the combat (plus, I just seem crap at games these days)... I'm nearing the end without a single death :wanker:

I do intend playing through again on hard though.

4. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    I have the same feelings about the games i was looking for.

Bioshock Infinite, Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, Aliens Colonial Marines, God of War Ascension and Gears of War Judgment were all underwhelming.

I wasn't looking for Tomb Raider but that game was a big surprise.

5. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    Why did they give it this name, '1999 mode' that is, i wonder.

6. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Still early for me to judge, just got the game and about 30% through. But if nothing dramatically changes in gameplay, I would see it as the most over-hyped game I ever came across. Aside from the dated graphics (and horrendous over-bloom), gameplay is nothing special to me. Although they've introduced new elements to be fresh, cant shake off that been-there-done-that feel to it. Very impressed with the sound, music and dramatic effects they impart, but other than that I keep saying "wheres the beef"? Hope I have better impressions with the remainder of the game.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    That's when system shock 2 was released.

8. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    Is it gameplay of B:I similar to SS2 ?

9. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
  10. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Playing it through on Hard. It makes you much more cautious and you find more stuff!

11. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    These days I play games on hard right out of the box, unless its rpg.

It ensures longevity, and atleast my 60$ product lasts longer. But somehow I suck at RPG and have never been able to finish an rpg/hack'n'slash game in hard/hardest difficulty ever. Otherwise anything fps like even GRAW2, hard? I'm game.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Can't really comment, I only played a few hours of it, got lost, didn't quite like it.

It's different, it's also much older, give it a try or look at some youtube videos.

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    OK, starting to get better for me, beginning to enjoy it. But how in hell do you tone down that horrible bloom? Looks almost like gamma has been turned up 200% in much of the outside scenery, I hate that look. Fiddled with post-processing, normal and alternate, not much effect on it. Any hidden settings in ini files or something?

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    XEngine.ini (Bloom=False)

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Thanks Undying!

16. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I finished this on hard the other day and then went back to finish Bioshock 2 which I've nearly done.

I commented earlier that I wouldn't play Infinite again as felt it was overhyped but kept at it. Now having gone back to 2 I now actually appreciate how good Infinite is! For a start, the weapons just have more weight to them and I actually began to care about and understand the story more.

Suffice to say I'll go back and visit Columbia again soon once BS 2 is out of the way.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Well, the game has certainly caught me by surprise. My negative first impressions of graphics and gameplay have completely changed once I disabled bloom got further into the game. For some odd reason it heats up my GPU more when I alt-tab out of it than when I'm in game. Dont like the save system where it can take you further back than you like, hence my alt-tabbing out of it more to take a break. Tomb Raider is probably a model of perfection in gettings saves done right.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    eww, tomb raider saves like every 2 seconds

19. smull

smull Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB
    Bioshock 1 and 2 are MUCH better games than Infinite.

20. cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI @ 1240/6772
    I wasn't a fan of Bioshock 2. Loved infinite though