3DMark Android Edition - Post your scores

Discussion in 'Tablets and Smart Phones' started by keenan, Apr 3, 2013.

1. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    My nice new shiny Xperia Z gets:

Normal/Extreme
    Score: 10407/5501

Ice Storm 10407/5501
    Graphics Score 10457/5369
    Physics Score 10235/6019
    Graphics Test 1 46 FPS/27.3 FPS
    Graphics Test 2 44.9 FPS/20.4 FPS
    Physics Test 32.5 FPS/19.1 FPS

Stock rom and clocks for this one.

2. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The Optimus G like the Nexus 4 had heat problems, it leads to less then stellar benchmark scores but overall it's fine in most real world scenarios.

3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Yeah I also have a Galaxy Nexus but it would be somewhat pointless running the benchmark because of the puny GPU the GNex uses.

4. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Galaxy Nexus is at the bottom of every chart. Reading the recent HTC one reviews almost makes me sad about owning this phone. Even with an extended battery I only get like 3Hrs screen on with the Verizon LTE version. The brightness is garbage, the sound quality and volume are garbage, the internal storage performance is garbage, and my screen is starting to deteriorate (greys have major cloth effect).

I want a GS4 but most of the problems I have now are going to be present in the GS4. The sound quality and volume are still not up to par compared to competitive devices. The screen is still AMOLED which means terrible brightness, greeny whites and screen deterioration. Then to top it off the button configuration is retarded and backwards compared to every other device on the market and Touchwiz is ugly.

The ONE is nice but if it's coming to Verizon it will probably be butchered in more ways than one.

But yeah -- bit of a tangent. Benchmarks like these are making me really want to upgrade my phone.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'm on my 3rd Galaxy Nexus none of which were replaced by Samsung, my service provider did for extending my contract to 3 years, Samsung basically said too bad we don't cover defective screens. The last one I made sure to get from the newest batch I could find, the screen quality is obviously better and I've gotten no dead pixels on it yet.

Luckily there are solutions to most of your problems.

1 - Battery: I don't have the LTE version of the phone, but the battery time you're getting could be easily improved. If I only do occasional phone calls my battery would last 2 weeks.

A - Make sure you have a proper extended battery, pretty much all of them except the overpriced Mugen and Seidio ones are not what the label says. A generic "3800MAh" one I bought I estimate at roughly 2200-2300MAh. The $100 Mugen one I now have... I estimate it actually is 4000MAh as advertised.

B - Turn off all radios you don't need at the moment. Wifi, GPS, bluetooth, 3G, whatever. Turning these off makes a massive difference. The GPS especially makes a massive difference for me, having it on drains my battery faster than anything.

2 - Screen:

A - The auto brightness it uses is terrible and makes the screen look a hundred times worse than it is. Use the app called Lux Auto Brightness for a simple program that lets you manually set the baseline. It makes a massive difference in appearance and has a minimal drain increase on the battery. Keep in mind AMOLED screens drain fast while displaying white.

B - Most custom ROMs let you customize the screen more thoroughly than default and should have extra options to try to help deal with banding issues which Samsung's AMOLED screens have. I suggest Cyanogen Mod as a good all around ROM. It's what I've been using from the start.

3 - Sound: The sound is simply crap and low, there is no way to really do much about the speaker, but the ol' brute force methods for earphones exist.

A - I should note that some earphone sets have so much more resistance than others that the maximum volume level is dramatically affected.

B - Most programs have equalizers and volume boosting, this makes a massive difference.

C - A physical pocket amp is the best help it can get.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013
  6. elkosith

elkosith Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor RX 6600
    Asus Nexus 7, stock

Ice Storm: 3537
    Ice Storm Extreme: 1851

What a very low score for a Tegra 3 device!

7. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    Most of these things I do. I run CM10.1 with Lean Kernel and undervolted just about everything. I use Veils Autobrightness for my screen which has a pretty good preset curve, I've tried enhancing it myself a bit. I've found that adjusting the screen brightness does improve the battery significantly, at least compared to undervolting.

The screen is still bad , at 100% max brightness it's nearly unreadable in bright sun. AMOLED has terrible battery when displaying white too -- which unfortunately include most websites. Couple that with the linen effect (https://img.skitch.com/20120517-dguc99b12cpmuqntbhwkmbeu83.jpg) and the screen is just terrible imo. Apparently GS3s get this as well - I'm really hoping it's fixed in the GS4 but I dunno.

And yeah I use Lean Kernel's volume boost to get better sound but it introduces a bunch of noise. I should probably get a headphone amp -- especially because I'm running UE900s but I just can't be bothered to carry around something else. Especially when my friends Droid DNA sounds 10x better and louder than my Nexus.

But yeah I think my battery might be a lower quality one. I didn't pay as much as the higher ones -- http://www.amazon.com/Hyperion-Exte...sr=8-2&keywords=Galaxy+nexus+extended+battery

Actually reading the comments now, looks like this battery is trash, heh. Oh well. At this point i'm just really over this phone.

8. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Galaxy S2 Stock

[​IMG]

9. cyb2

cyb2 New Member

GPU:
    Asus hd4890 1GB
    [​IMG]

nexus 4 android 4.2.2 stock

10. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    ASUS Transformer running JB 4.2.2, OCd to 1.4GHz

Ice Storm: 1919 points

11. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    What are you using?

My TF101 got 1565 at 1408mhz using KatKernel #101 and Team EOS 4 nightly #108.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Now after the patch my Galaxy S finishes first and second test but then reboots. :D

13. S3nt3nc3

S3nt3nc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W7000
    O/Ced to 1,8GHz

SGS3

[​IMG]

14. Xtreme1979

Xtreme1979 Guest

LG Optimus G O/S 4.1.2

[​IMG]

15. Phatzy

Phatzy Guest

Ice Storm Standard: 4070
    Ice Strom Extreme: 2334

HTC One X IceCold 4.2.2r2 CPU 1.5ghz GPU O/C 520mhz

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Nexus 4

IceStorm: 11195
    IceStorm Extreme: 6429

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Galaxy S4

Ice Storm 11608
    Ice Storm Extreme 7005

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Latest Google Edition rom by m3dd0g gave me a tiny boost, most likely due to a different kernel. S4 at stock clocks
    [​IMG]

19. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Galaxy S4 stock

[​IMG] [​IMG]

edit: sorry for the huge pics. fixed

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That's not bad. Why are you running a stock rom though? Or have you tweaked it in any way?