BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    Just finished it, I think I did well to avoid spoilers and the such like as it would have been easy to have got clues.

I didn't guess the ending, I think you suspect several possibilities along the way and I have my own interpretation of certain details that may not match up to others which is probably a good thing and may possibly be intentional.

What with this and watching "Primer" last week I think I've done quite enough of this mind bending alternate reality kind of stuff for the time being.

Great game and anyone who disagrees is most likely to be a communist!

By the way, I found the stuttering did get to be a bit annoying towards the end, especially during the final battle sequence.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    For now I'll go with Bioshock 1 just being an alternate Bioshock infinite. Incorrect timeline? Who cares? Died, Have died, Will die, die...

Either way I think the game is better then the first somehow, it felt normal and typical at first only to erupt into an unexpected mind**** further down the line.

3. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The scene of Booker being drowned by Elizabeth(s)... it was immediately after finding out he was Comstock so that hadn't quite sunk in. Of course, I went on to view then skip the credits so I missed the short sequence straight after which then made the ending a bit less nightmarish and utterly final.

Maybe I'm just easily shocked but it actually made me gasp in horror. LOL

4. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I apologize in advance as I have a terrible nasal cold and my brain is mush right now.

Just beat the game yesterday. Loved the story. Loved the ending. However, I spent the entire game knowing that they wanted me to feel something for Elizabeth but it just never happened. At first I liked her character. She was a mystery that I wanted to learn more about. Unfortunately, as time went on and I started to get a grasp of her personality my fascination with her quickly fizzled out.

She was always freaking out at me for one reason or another for the first half of the game and it just became annoying after a while. She'd be happy she was leaving one minute, and the next she'd want to go back in her tower. Sure, she had a reason to be angry at me sometimes but she'd get so emotional she'd put her own life in danger and my own. Nearly every time we were ready to leave the city in the sky she would go into psycho bitch mode and ruin our escape, which usually led to me being injured in some way or her being kidnapped.

Then I read this article today and it gave me a better perspective as to why I started to dislike her the way I do.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/04/02/smoke-mirrors-how-bioshock-infinite-tricks-you-into-liking-elizabeth/

Aside from her mood swings I really enjoyed the game and it's definitely my GOTY so far, not that it says much since it's only April. :)

Most of the inconsistencies with the time travel stuff have been discussed already on this website or another but one thing I haven't noticed anybody mention is...

...near the beginning of the game the twins ask you to choose heads or tails. The coin always lands on heads, suggesting that it's a constant event throughout the different realities. However, that's impossible because the twins are aware that they're performing the experiment so they would have to use exactly the same amount of energy and flip it exactly the same way every time for it to land on heads every single time. Either that or she practiced flipping coins to get them to land on heads consecutively. :)

It's really, really minor and it doesn't bother me at all because I know it's just a game but I just noticed that a lot of people refer to it as being a constant when it's impossible as long as they consciously know they're flipping the coin as part of their cross-dimensional coin flipping experiment. I didn't even really want to bring it up to avoid sounding like the Comic Book Guy but I felt this is a good of a place as any. :) Of course there are many more inconsistencies but they've been discussed to death elsewhere.

**Added**
    I forgot to mention that it was kind of disappointing that we never got to see anything that happened in that E3 showing. Or maybe I missed it somehow. :confused: Either way, I would have liked to have seen more of the lighter, more nurturing side of Elizabeth that was shown in the demo.

5. Azarobi

Azarobi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870
    Is there a short scene after the credits ? I just rolled through whole of credits...there was none :(

6. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Yep. I'd explain it but it's easier just to show you. :)

7. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:

http://youtu.be/yx8GowKaRpM?t=50s

Did you come across this little bit? It was my favourite part in the game!

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah there's a lot in those earlier demo videos (And screenshots.) that you either don't see at all or only see a small part of in the actual game.

Understandable though as the game probably would have taken a few more years to finish if they hadn't cut out as much as they did.
    (And the game still turned out to be pretty good even so.)

9. Ade 1

Ade 1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    I'm sure I'm not far off the end of the game now and TBH I'm really glad it's coming to an end - just can't wait for it to finish so I can uninstall. Have enjoyed it - played it on hard - but have found it more annoying and frustrating than anything especially when your so called shield and health disappear so quickly - must have lost so much money getting 'resurrected' all the time.

I'll obviously save final judgement once the game has finished and I've seen the ending but certainly not one that I'll want to play through again.

I actually prefer Rapture from 1 & 2 than Columbia.

10. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i didnt finish the game yet but how on earth a decent gamer gonna understand the STORY of the game which is that DEEP :).

Well, i just read the articles about the ending. and my english is not even enough to get some parts correctly but can imagine what all about is.

11. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I did. :) I agree, and that was one of the best interactions between the two. That's exactly the kind of nurturing Elizabeth I wanted to see more of.

I'm the kind that searches every nook and cranny of the games I love. I mean, it took me about 16 hours on my first playthrough after I subtract 2 hours from my total play time on Steam to compensate for sitting on the main menu or whatnot, and that was mostly spent exploring as I only played it on normal/medium difficulty. I was expecting it to be just another searchable object but was pleasantly surprised when they burst out in song. I kind of have a feeling it might have been an afterthought (a beautiful afterthought) because of the synergy between that guitarist in the credits and Elizabeth's voice actor. Or is it a different actor?

Either way, it was a greatly appreciated break from all the action. I say that because I wasn't paying attention and ended up accidentally stealing from the pub and everybody started attacking me. Or does that always happen? I remember walking in there at first and nobody seemed to mind that I was there.

12. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    The story is not that hard to understand if you have seen the tv series Fringe... :D

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    The Fringe, it is on TV but just watched once..and yes it was like tearing a dimension or how u call it to another universe etc etc...it was interesting but then wife jumped on me to make love lol.

i better watch it from the first episode.

14. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Just avoid stuff if they're highlighted in red. In Finktown I accessed a red coloured tear and the entire town descended upon me :p You can steal and get away with it if no one is watching you.

15. real23

real23 Guest

GPU:
    ati 6770
    We are now able to reproduce this issue internally.

I'd like to thank everyone who has provided information to help us track this down, and for your patience so far. I would like to ask for your continued understanding and patience while we work on mitigating the problem and testing any solution we find.

-- Chris Kline, Technical Director, Irrational Games

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthrea...on-high-end-PC-hardware&p=2909066#post2909066

patch coming soon :banana:

16. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    The artwork in this game is just amazing !!! Freaking love it :0)

17. marcosamerio

marcosamerio Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTA NVIDIA 1060
    ¿It is posibble to possess people in 1999 mode?, i try always but i cant

Bye

18. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    I haven't tried 1999 mode so forgive me if I'm wrong or if you've already done this but you must upgrade the Possession vigor before you can possess people.

Again, I'm not sure if this is different in 1999 mode so bear with me. :)

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Once you get the upgrade, but it's encountered quite early on in the game so maybe you missed it?

EDIT: Was answered. :)

EDIT: I unlocked 1999 mode after doing the initial tutorial segment on easy (Up to when you reach the fair.) but then I started over completely so I don't know how much of a difference that difficulty mode makes compared to the normal ones. :)
    (I was under the impression it was only the usual, more damage for enemies while you deal less to them, maybe some AI tweaks to aggression and such too.)

20. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Ok, originally I was going to sell my free coupon for Bioshock Infinite but now you guys are making me want to play it! I just might have to give it a try...

I really hope its far better than the first Bioshock though. Despite the glaring reviews and instant stardom, I didn't care for that one