Battlefield 4 in October 2013?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I never touched SP in the previous game and I have no interest in doing so with this one.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    don't think I've clocked a single minute of bf3 single player campaign either.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I finished it twice... it was good.. not amazing, but it was good.

*Edit*

Maybe if they put a DogTag, something like "I get things done" and weapon Camo and Weapons to unlock by playing the single player story at various difficulties it will get more people playing it??

You know how kids are nowadays with their "Achievements"...

Make them feel special~ (゜-゜)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  4. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    Dice did an amazing job on all his BF and BC series im buying BF4 even if its a lit better than BF3 it'll be amazing

5. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    The singleplayer for BF3 was so generic and linear. I hated the QTE scenes. Press button to win game basically.

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    BF3's campaign was dull as dishwater I agree. I still remember thinking christ how could a developer this good create something so utterly lackluster when playing through it. Again I'm hoping BF4 takes a leaf out of Bad Company's book which had a far more entertaining single player campaign.

In related news I hit rank 27 on BC2 just last night while playing a fantastic game on Heavy Metal CQ. Some of the best tank battles I've had so far and I never tire of placing myself on an small hill and blowing the **** out of heli's.

[​IMG]

:)

7. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+
    I've said it before, but I actually liked BF3's SP. It was certainly not without flaws (linearity and QTE - **** those!), but I think it gets a lot of unfair criticism.

It's very much not a crazy "WHOA" story like what's found in CoD - no Michael Bay antics. It's much more toned down in that department, which I greatly prefer. Lot more subtlety - nothing is explicitly explained even (this is a double-edged sword as a lot of people had no idea who the characters were or who they were playing as).

Actually it was really built around the geopolitical situation, rather than character development. As a hardcore politico, I GREATLY appreciated the international relations nuances evident in the campaign. Of course, that probably shouldn't mean that character development ought to be neglected - but I'd be lying if I said I cared more about that than the geopolitics.

DICE folks have stated interesting stuff in interviews about BF4 (I've watched too many):

• You'll still have a general gist of what's going on in the geopolitical international sphere, BUT the focus in BF4 will be on the player's squadmates and just caring about surviving their experiences.
    • There will be no "jumping" between different characters like in BF3. No flashbacks either from what I understand.
    • QTEs are basically gone.
    • The SP gameplay seems that it will be more open-world/sandboxy (to an extent).

All-in-all, I expect BF4's campaign to be BC/BC2-style, EXCEPT with a VERY serious tone - not the lighthearted humor/joking of BC/BC2. But the focus on squadmates and the more sandboxy gameplay (whilst being guided through a general story) seem indicative of that.

Also, three words: MICHAEL K. WILLIAMS.

Seriously, his inclusion (the actor of Omar Little in The Wire) raises my expectations dramatically.

- PR-0927

8. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    What i hate about BF3 is : there's no skill involved in most of the firefights, they're only based on three factors, luck, placement, and network.

Why ? Well mostly because of the netcode. Just take a look at this, and tell me it's not ruining the multiplayer big time :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=adfgUL5aM0I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HkkqBbac5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Diq52nxUkU

Most of the time you simply get one shot, without any other damage indications, you cannot really escape death in BF3 too, because the shots are registered 3 seconds after your actions, so running to cover isn't doable.

When you cannot rely on your skill to win a fight in a FPS, it means there's a serious, serious issue with it. And i have played close to 200H of BF3.

9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    They really should stick to the BC games having the story mode, and keep BF games to being mulitplayer only. That way they can really focus on the multiplayer aspect of the game. They could have two separate teams working on each game and release them yearly. That way we get a massive single player experience every two years and a massive deep multiplayer experience every two years as well. I think we will see BC3 next year as MOH has now been laid to rest.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    3 seconds after actions? No way. also what's wrong with being one shot? I've taken out players with a well aimed headshot from quite some distance aiming down the red dot. there's nothing wrong with that. Happens to me too because sometimes you just end up being in a situation where you don't see the other player but he has his aims on you and you will simply get shot. I see if you get shot like that, you should have been more careful. And I have to say there is skill involved in BF3. I just came back to play BF3 after a long lay off and I was terrible at first. after a few days I was back to being average again.

EDIT: what I see in those videos could just easily be caused by lag.

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I don't care about the SP, sure I will play it once like I did in BF3 and BC2 (yea BC2 SP was much better yet so was the MP) but I want them to work on the gameplay, maps, etc. Also, I actually hope there will be less guns in BF4 than in BF3 yet I know it will probably not happen...

12. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    Don't want to sound rude, but you have absolutely no idea about what you're talking about.

Here, read this : http://www.mousepad-feet.com/2012/07/21/battlefield-3-hit-detection-netcode-and-network-smoothing/

edit : Oh and watch this too http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YGaP5wTYLtQ probably the most detailled video about the issue.

Please don't be in denial, this issue is old, has been reported and explained long time ago, and has nothing to do with lag ( in some way ) or headshots.

Knowing that, how can you affirm BF3 is a skill based FPS since the core of the game, the shooting and hit register mechanics are f*cked to the bones ?

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Thanks for posting this, I had this issues but I thought it was just me beeing bad. I usually have a very low ping, but it often happens that I get instantly killed, too often. I guess at least partially my instant deaths are caused because of this hit registration.

14. sounar

sounar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080
    Wow so much whining on the topic of BF3....bf3 single player may not be as good as bc2's but much, much better than MW3 or black ops... it had toned down serious atmosphere than the over the top cod which I can't really stand anymore... so it all comes down to preference really but its in no way horrible SP. As for not needing any skill in MP well that is foolishness i found the difficulty skill level was increased quite moderately from BC2, kills are harder to earn than BC2...Metro however is a different story altogether ...it's a great overall in its own right espically MP

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I don't get it. what's wrong with insta death? if you take a bullet to the head, you should die instantly.

16. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    If that was only one bullet, yes. Most of the time it's another guy shooting full mags at you but, because of the delay, you only "see" the single shot that hits you (and maybe all the others if there's a killcam afterwards).
    Sadly most "modern" games have this and frankly I hate it. I'm also sure most of the "cheaters" people run into online are nothing but network-related issues. People you couldn't even see shooting you or people killing you right away, guys you simply shoot through or who seem to be bullet sponges... typical network issue.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    nah net code can suck sometimes, i fire like 10 bullets and yet he kills me with 2-3 bullets?..

Rubber banding is the worst there is :S

18. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Hmm I doubt that skill is much needed in BF3 but that's my opinion, the one that shoots first usually ends up with a frag. BC2 was also more tactical than BF3. The defenders in BC2 all started with a very high defensive line, and attackers kept dying/pushing/dying/pushing until they get to their objectives, and you felt satisfied when you actually hold off or win a rush game.

In BF3, those aspects are almost invisible especially because of maps running with 64 player servers when they really shouldn't.

Well like I said, that is how I look at the two games. Opinions vary, but for me: BC2 >>>>> BF3.

Oh BF4 thread :3eyes:: Well the fact that they are looking for people to preorder when they have barely showed us anything (right?) about the game, beside the trailer that looks like another level in BF3, says it all.

19. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Ive had this happen a lot. Unload a mag in someones face and nothing happens, but I get killed in 2-3 shots. :3eyes:

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    sure it happens. but it's not all the time and the game is entertaining most of the time. anyone fancy giving bc2 or bf2 a go? are those games still alive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.