BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Whats the vram usage like at 1080p?

Just a few more hours before my copy arrives ;)

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    You can set the game through a startup command to use say 1gb if you like, however i hear that the less vram you give it the less clear the image gets.
    It's not so much demanding gpu wise but it does like the vram, at least at this point in the game patching stage.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The vram usage seems to vary from user to user, card to card.
    The game does a good job of using your card, but there is a glitch in there causing it to flood the vram.

But, the amount of which is uses (or overuses) seems to be based on the card itself.
    For me, my GPU (a bit out of date by now) is running the game great at mostly maxed settings. I've got the majority of settings on Ultra... and the game runs great.
    But, occasionally does stutter (mostly when entering new areas. And when checking I saw it was going over the 1 gig my card offers... but as I said, it's pretty much only when entering new areas.

4. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Guest

GPU:
    PowerColor 6700XT
    Finished the game earlier today. Bit of a twist ending, but a great story

5. berkos

berkos Guest

GPU:
    r9 270x, 980
    Would you kindly not make bioshock infinite 2 dear publisher :D
    after this one i have got some serious i-want-more-of-this-kind-of-story itch, like after first time, ill prolly try for the 100th time to get into planescape torment sigh...

6. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Hey guys, got a question for you, why is it that I don't have the option for Ultra (or High or even Medium) Texture setting in EF mode? Is VRAM limiting my setting? I hear this constant reference to BI liking VRAM, and I have the option for only Low and Lowest for Texture. Everything else I can do Ultra or High (when there's no Ultra), so is this a bug? Or simply VRAM, or lack thereof?

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    I had that, but only if i manually edited LowPCTexturePoolSizeMB=256 to 1024 then the game auto maxes at low texture.

------------------

I just tried that ini command again and the game does cap it to ~ 750mb (400mb) but the streaming stutter remains, also Ultra texture is still available.

I used all other commands at default though, imo U3E streaming is doomed. I hope they do some magic by U4E, I really do.

8. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    is it just me or are the nps' eye's to big ?

9. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    You're not dreaming. Some body proportions were exaggerated on purpose. :)

10. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Here's my problem (not my video btw) with this phucking game. The only way I can get rid of the frame rate dropping for no apparent reason is to disable background level streaming but that breaks the game, so at the moment I'm stuck with this sh!t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY7wA5q1qeg

11. jim2point0

jim2point0 Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080TI
    She has a disney style to her for sure... but I don't mind. None of this is meant to look remotely realistic.

Downsampling is running a game at a resolution higher than your monitor's native, then having your GPU downscale the image every frame. In the process, aliasing is removed and details will become much more crisp and clear. It's incredibly simple to do with nvidia cards... but I've no clue how with AMD.

Nothing wrong with FXAA at higher resolutions, but at 1080p it does hurt image quality quite a bit. Using dowsampling + SMAA + FXAA to remove aliasing can result in great image quality.

12. Burning Fish

Burning Fish Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GV-N980G1
    Yeah, it looks great, but it takes quite a performance hit. It's a great trick for making screenshots, though. Is there a way to hide the weapon?
    I just cut it off in Photoshop in the screenshot above.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  13. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Im just forcing FXAA thru NVCP and it does a better job than builtin FXAA btw. Less blurry and more detailed.
    Game is maxed out, alternate dof, no fps limit (adaptive vsync+max performance in NVCP), 1080p and poolsize command line tweak.
    Only stuttering i get is when game tries to load a new portion of the scenery, otherwise is pretty much solid 60fps without hitching or stuttering.
    Vram usage is around 1500mb.

14. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    I have the same feeling, FXAA thru NVCP looks great but in game FXAA looks a bit blurry most of the time, for example alan wake, battlefield 3.

15. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    how can i force better Anti Aliasing using RadeonPro? so that i can disable AA in game

16. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    afaik RadeonPro has an FXAA or SMAA option, that you can enable

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    I noticed that they keep showing trailers that show things that got cut from the game.

18. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Just started playing the game. Looks pretty good with Ultra settings & SweetFx. My GPUs are barely breaking a sweat to maintain 60fps.

Only problem so far is the Post Processing. It's hard to tell the difference without side-by-side comparison but I think prefer Alternate. However I dislike DOF, so I've set it to Normal. But Normal uses an unnatural amount of Bloom. Any way to tweak/disable Bloom and DOF?

19. DJSmak

DJSmak Member

GPU:
    GTX680 2GB 1250Mhz
    What poolsize did you use? I set to 1200 using 2GB GTX680 but I've noticed a few textures failing to load full resolution, for example near the start of the game the shoe shine sign inside the shop near the statue.

20. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    You can disable the bloom via INI, but I can't remember the value, i'm sorry. :)