Nvidia GeForce 314.22 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Mar 25, 2013.

1. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    vSync caused it, I had no problems with the previous driver.

2. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Finished Bioshock Infinite with no problems with these drivers, game has some weird low FPS moments when you're just looking at a wall and stuff though. Probably just UE3 being silly though, nothing to do with the drivers.

3. chnoufdog

chnoufdog Guest

GPU:
    gtx 690
    I did a clean install of the 314.22 driver and the game runs much smoother.

especially in the first level and the dam level (and during cinematics too) the fps drops are less noticeable and the stutter almost disappeared for me.

yet the improvement i saw could be partly because of the clean install but the new driver is definitely better.

by the way try "Timerresolution" if you don't already have it, it helps the cpu working more (did a noticable difference when physix require all the cpu power available).

my system: stock i7 2600k (3.5) gtx 690 8gb kingston ram.

sorry for my bad english, i hope it helped

4. Mike2004

Mike2004 Member

GPU:
    nVidia/Asus 780 GTX SLI

I had some issues like you posted about and nailed it down to the Feb 26 2013 Windows Platform update, that did some graphics changes. Just last week my 2nd computer in the den was updated and 5 minutes later my friend went to play and weird graphical issues were everywhere. Uninstalled the windows platform update (it was an optional update) and everything ran fine.

Do a google and you'll find tons of gaming issues and this particular windows update. Here's a link to the changes according to microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2670838

Good luck

Mike

5. CoMa666

CoMa666 Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Fe
    Are you using win 8 64 bit?

6. TurboMan

TurboMan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW 3
    Yesterday I played BF3 for two hours and the game was running fine. However i exited and started the game a few times in this period and then an error occurred. Whenever I tried to launch the game the driver would crash with "driver recovered" even before the game loaded. So basically, i could not launch the game at all, i had to reset my system to fix itself. Now usually i have no problems with BF3 but this is the first time i seen this on my SLI. When this happens the Chrome pages become all black and i have to restart Chrome and then restart my PC to be able to launch BF3 again. It happened only 1 time for now, i hope it wont do it again.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  7. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Working fine with Titans. BF3,Far Cry 3,ARMA3,Sniper Ghost Warrior etc. all run smooth as smooth can be. All video settings in game,and video card are maxed,except for FXAA. FXAA seems to fog images. I turn it off.

8. Johnny5srv

Johnny5srv Guest

GPU:
    nvidia SLI gtx670 2GB

While I didn't notice any difference in the benchmark tool as far as performance goes, in game performance is actually worse with these compared to 314.21. Not only that, my card runs considerably hotter with these in all games.

As soon as I'm done with Infinite, I'm going back to the beta's.

9. WINTENDO

WINTENDO Member

GPU:
    rtx 3090 Asus rog
    Tomb raider Config

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GeForce 314.21 Driver Beta old

[​IMG]

GeForce 314.22 Driver WHQL New

[​IMG]

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    I wonder... Is motion blur supposed to work?
    [​IMG]

11. coldfirenj

coldfirenj Member

GPU:
    BFG FX 5950
    I've played Crysis 3 Bioshock with these and all seems well. Bioshock performance is great and Crysis 3 seems slightly improved from the last WHQL.

12. Cnstntgrdnr

Cnstntgrdnr Guest

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    This worked for me however it was the first time I got a black screen after uninstalling the older drivers. Is that something we should be worrying about?

13. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Thanks for this info mate!
    Yesterday I was playing SC2 and suddenly got a PAGE FAULT error... (never had that happen before), I installed that update some time ago... after having read some google about the KB update I'm thinking that that will have been the cause... and who knows... maybe some loss in performance too... going to uninstall that patch this evening to check anyway.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  14. valentyn0

valentyn0 Member Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor 6800 XT

From MS, the most important bit about the Platform update incompatibility:

Important Some portable computers that have a combination of Intel and AMD video cards in a hybrid configuration have drivers that are incompatible with this platform update for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.

After you install this update and then restart the computer, the symptoms of this incompatibility are the computer crashes. Additionally you will receive a Stop error that resembles the error in the following picture:

Note This Stop error includes the text PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA and one of the file names: igdpmd64.sys or igdpmd32.sys.

Note For computers that are marked as "None" in the latest compatible drivers, Microsoft is currently working with AMD to find the cause of the problem and determine the appropriate fix. If you have installed the Platform Update for Windows 7 on this computer, we recommend that you uninstall update 2670838.

15. sadasr

sadasr Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Gtx 670
    with this driver GPU Boost not working...

also terrible fps drop from 60fps with vsync for 30fps or so in bioshock:infinite

16. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G
    Yeh saw all of that, going to uninstall it anyway to test stuff, I'm not the target audience who should have problems, but I read many different posts with many different problems this update (possibly) caused. And since I never had that page fault error, I'm presuming nonetheless that it's coming from this update. Albeit I had it only once. Still... enough for me to get suspicious :)

17. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Same here, played the whole night yesterday with these drivers.

18. Vitloken

Vitloken Member

GPU:
    Zotac 1080 Ti@7%OC
    314.22 works fine for me. I did revert from 314.21 to 314.14. (had problems) It do now seam that the problem whas related to my psu and my oc on the 680. I hade to lover it. I am still not done.
    Sry for bad eng.
    //hACmAn

Edit:
    I hade to lower my own overlock on the gpu/memmory not from stick oc

19. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    I have only played BF3 and have not tested any other games. So far this driver works fine & I did not have to down clock my overclock on my GPUs like I did with some of the other driver version's.
    I do notice the IQ is not as good as the previous drivers I tested.

20. writer21

writer21 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    I was having same issue in BF3 with random cpu spike every 10-30 seconds. So uninstalled in safe mode and went back to 314.09. Since I loved the performance in Black Ops 2 I decided to give these another try. So this time I just did clean install option and it got rid of the spikes. Smoothest drivers for me right now. I was also having display driver restarting on boot the first time I installed these drivers. That so far has went away.