AMD Catalyst 13.3 BETA 3 (12.100.17.0 March 18)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Mar 19, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    Here you go Mate!

Code:
    [Render_OpenGL]
    TexQual=3
    TexMipFilter=3
    TexCompress=0
    TexFlags.UseDither=0
    TexFlags.UseAlpha=0
    TexFlags.UseIndex=1
    TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
    TexFlags.UseClampedSprites=0
    TexFlags.DrawLandByTriangles=0
    TexFlags.UseVertexArrays=0
    TexFlags.DisableAPIExtensions=0
    TexFlags.ARBMultitextureExt=1
    TexFlags.TexEnvCombineExt=1
    TexFlags.SecondaryColorExt=1
    TexFlags.VertexArrayExt=1
    TexFlags.ClipHintExt=1
    TexFlags.UsePaletteExt=0
    TexFlags.TexAnisotropicExt=1
    TexFlags.TexCompressARBExt=0
    TexFlags.TexEnvCombine4NV=0
    TexFlags.TexEnvCombineDot3=1
    TexFlags.DepthClampNV=0
    TexFlags.SeparateSpecular=1
    TexFlags.TextureShaderNV=0

HardwareShaders=1

Shadows=2
    Specular=3
    SpecularLight=1
    DiffuseLight=1
    DynamicalLights=1
    MeshDetail=2
    VisibilityDistance=3

Sky=1
    Forest=3
    LandShading=3
    LandDetails=2
    TypeClouds=1

LandGeom=3
    TexLarge=1
    TexLandQual=3
    TexLandLarge=1

VideoSetupId=17
    Water=2
    Effects=1
    ForceShaders1x=0

PolygonOffsetFactor=-0.0625
    PolygonOffsetUnits=-3.0

2. Flanker35M

Flanker35M Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX6950XT
    S!

Can say that these latest betas work like a charm for me. And good to see some old hands from IL-2 ;)

3. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Well, when i had a crossfire setup, Farcry 3 was a stuttering hell, but with a single card (even with a 5770) it would run just fine. VERY fluid.
    People say that you have to "know what you are doing with crossfire setups", my first CF setup was a 6850 x 2 and most games stuttered as hell no matter what I did... ULPS off, bios tweaking, windows tweaking, driver tweaking OCing and underclocking, I tried everything. Most games ran like a stuttering hell compared to a single card. Adn some games even crashed. SLI has similar issues, but I have to admit that Nvidia has more stable fps in SLI compared to CF in some games.

On the other hand, talking about AMD superiority on the latter mentioned games, there are several benchmarks you can watch where amd has higher fps. or at least when the games were just released, AMD drivers were better than Nvidia's. We all know that a 7970, even a GHZ edition, struggles against the GTX 680, mainly because of driver issues. If AMD keeps improving their drivers we will end up with quite a large margin between those two.
    In regards to frame latency, AMD has not yet reached the so loved Nvidia levels, but they are quite near it nowadays.

Here are some random reviews:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oh and BTW don't take me as an AMD fanboy, because I'm not. I had Nvidia cards and I will probably get one on the future, but in my country they are so much more expensive than AMD cards in comparison to the gain in performance...

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  4. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Well, I agree (in regards to <60fps is hell), but I rather have 1 7970Ghz or 1 gtx 680 than 2x 7950s, because ,if you compare 2 computers running near each other one with a single card and the other one with SLI or CF, you will notice that the 50-60fps in one looks more fluid than the 80-120fps in the other one. And it also is an issue when you have a 60hz monitor, like me and many others, not being able to take advantage of those extra fps without screen tearing.
    I had 2 dual card setups, 2x6850s and 2x660Tis. Sold them both and got a single 7970. Much more fluid experience now, even with lower real fps.

I tried for a long time to believe that my CF setup was better athan a single GTX 580 at the time. But I was so wrong.
    It is a solid recommendation to advice people to get a single card instead of a CF or SLI setup, especially if they are quite noobish in the subject, because you are in for a deuce.
    I remember myself wanting to hit the computer when i tried to play new game releases and having so many driver issues, and having to wait for CAPS to have my games running like they should have from the beginning.

5. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ??? no more stuttering ???? what are you smoking,
    latest bioshock infinite stutters for me when ever something is going to happen like a music cue or action sequence i will get a judder, and i have 12gb of system memory and 3gb vram

but i still get weird stutters here and there on bioshock inf.

6. hulawafu77

hulawafu77 Guest

GPU:
    7970M
    Did you try running it single GPU? CFX for BioShock seems, unnecessary to me. It's a UE3 console port, doesn't matter how modified 2K claims it is, it's still a UE3 console port.

7. BravoFxTrt

BravoFxTrt Member Guru

GPU:
    2X MSI R9 280X 6GB
    hi Flanker, how ya Been Man. And yes these Drivers are the Sh*t, Best ever for ATI and IL-2.

BTW you need to go to SAS. Lots of Cool Ground Breaking Mods.

8. Igor007

Igor007 Guest

GPU:
    XFX RX480 8GB
    Anyone know a better way to use vsync in bioshock infinite? If i use lock framerate, then fps is limited to 30 or 60, no in betveen and there is lag, if i disable it than it's much better but with visible tearing, tried with radeon pro, but same thig, and d3doverride is not working for me, dont show in taskbar. :(

9. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Haven't tried bioshock yet. but most games have been stutter free since last betas ! try running it with CF disabled ! And you will understand what i was talking about single gpu setups are better than dual gpu setups, unless its an engine issue.
    I have read that stuttering is lower when going Tri-Fire, though.

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that has nothing to do with amd/nvidia or drivers. that's an engine issue, both nvidia and amd users are getting that.

11. Cubemonkey

Cubemonkey Member Guru

GPU:
    Crossfire 7970s
    I disagree. I had a 3x 6950 setup for about a year. I know exactly what I'm doing, and every other game required some sort of fix to work. Either that, or AMD was slow with the CAPs.

When trifire worked, I calculated 95% scaling on my setup. It was just too frustrating to deal with all the time.

A single top-end card is good enough for me now.

12. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Indeed. It was more time wasted in triying tweaks to make the game work as they were supposed to, than really enjoying the game experience.
    And you even had trifire which is supposed to be less stutterish compared to dual card setups. Anyway, wasn't there an issue with hydravision and trifire in older drivers?? I would have been mad if I had trifire and a three monitor setup and it didn't work xD

My dual 6850's had around 180-195% scaling so almost double the power. But the micro-stuttering was horrid.

At the end, CF or SLI tend to be more like a pain in the ass than an enjoyable experience. Other than showing off, OFC.

13. onthemour

onthemour Active Member

GPU:
    780 acx
    nvidia drivers are poo now. My friend played all our games on my system and just decided to sell his overpriced 680 for a 7970. He is pissed at how much better and smoother it is on my system. Thats the second nvidiot I have turned to amd lol

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    How come? Where? And what exactly do you mean?

15. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Sorry, my mistake. Thought that specs wise the 680 had more raw power than the 7970. Except for the GPGPU capabilities where I knew the 7970 excels. Just corrected it.

So then it all narrows down to driver quality. And game compatibility/optimizations.

Hope AMD keeps up with the fine job they are doing with latest driver releases !

16. Kharenis

Kharenis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 @ 1100/1400
    Issues with firefox

I've been having issues with this beta and 13.3 beta 2. Every now and then when I'm watching youtube videos using firefox, my screen suddenly gets covered with mutlicolour lines and the system locks up requiring a hard reboot. Also, in Far Cry 3, I usually get a load of little squares in the centre of the screen over roads (with the same colour as the roads).

This happens with and without my overclock :3eyes:

17. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Upgrade drivers to beta 3. Beta 2 has known OGL issues.
    You know, after all, these are BETA drivers.

http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD_Catalyst_13.3_Beta3.exe

18. Kharenis

Kharenis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7950 @ 1100/1400
    I said this beta and beta 2. I'm having trouble with both.

19. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
  20. Remedy

Remedy Guest

GPU:
    no issues on beta 2/3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.