BioShock Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S†v0r, Dec 17, 2011.

1. CosmoPoLitan

CosmoPoLitan Guest

GPU:
    MSI Lightning GTX580
    Had stuttering for the first 30-40 minutes of playing, then switched "Lock Framerate" to off in the graphics settings. Stuttering went away but had horrible screen tearing. Changed vsync to adaptive in program settings for nvidia control panel, been playing the past 7 hours with smooth fps no screen tearing. Ultra preset, rig in profile.

For sure the in-game vsync (Lock Framerate) was the culprit for my stuttering, I could feel the fps constantly spiking between 30 and 60. Weird.

2. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    yes indeed.. I love bioshock.. I remember how much I loved it when the first one comes and I played it for hours :D such a beatiful envirionments and the way of the game proceeds.. man !

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i had non . even on PS3 too..i think you pc is so poor. time to puıt some money on it. i thought Dutch government feeds poor pc owners..not?

4. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    You got this game twice? Or just on PS3 which probably can't even render framerate high enough to start tearing in first place XD

5. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone noticed some fps drops and a minor freeze while entering new locations, it freezes and drops fps only for a second, then it's back up, and i think this happens only when enabling v-sync.

6. crap daddy

crap daddy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    Here it is:

In game benchmark with my specs at 1680/1050 Ultra DX11 DDOF:

Scene Duration (seconds), Average FPS, Min FPS, Max FPS, Scene Name
    81.64, 52.81, 11.75, 120.72, Overall

7. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Also, anyone has some AA flag, or how to increase AA in nvidia driver and to work in the game, i think it's unreal engine, so there is some aa flag for now ?

8. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    VRAM usage hovers well over 2GB. It peaked at 2749MB according to AfterBurner.
    This game uses more VRAM than Tomb Raider. Tomb Raider uses around 2.4~2.8GB. But that's with 4xSSAA while BioShock is using mere FXAA. With SSAA, BioShock definitely will go over 3GB.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  9. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    With what resolution 1080p?

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    that's weird, I'm not getting that. I assume you run higher than 1080p?

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Is that GreenManGaming? I may well switch to digital only and use them, particularly as I'm due to get a 100 Mbps connection at some point in the next 18 months which would mean a ten-fold increase in download speeds for me on average. At that point there would be little point in buying retail disc games plus I'm finding myself running out of space to store things as I live in a small two-bedroomed house.

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    Yes twice lol.

and u must see it in first place. ps3 renders it nice and at constant FPS for now. and even there is AA..looks good. not as good as PC indeed but it looks like developer did a great job. 10/10 to even console.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    It's an Unreal Engine 3 game that uses DX11 so the normal flags are not going to work. You'll either have to use an SMAA injector and/or downsampling from a higher resolution if you want better AA. It may be possible to force the game to run under DX9 with a compatibility flag but that will surely come with a downgrade to the visuals.

14. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
  15. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:

Yep, just realized, well no more AA for me, seems the game eats 1.9gb vram, holy sh-it. Is just like i'm playing Skyrim with 4gb of texture mods...

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    1680*1050 everything on Ultra + AA

2021MB is the highest Vram Usage i've seen so far..

I think AMD did ''something'' because clearly the graphics are worse than Crysis 3.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  17. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    Tits. The timestop is broken on this game.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I suspect the game is pushing a lot of high-res textures and that is the reason for the high VRAM usage. Of course, the high-end AMD graphics cards have 3 GB so it may well be that the developers were told to maximise the game's highest settings for 3 GB cards thus leaving NVIDIA's 2 GB high-end ones looking comparatively weaker. That said, someone said earlier than the high VRAM usage isn't the reason for the stutters/framerate dips (it's probably the game streaming in those HD textures actually).

19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    According to the PCGamesHardware.de article I linked to it's related to shadows or ambient occlusion.

Specifically V.High and Ultra are not available unless you use DX11 and then you get some filter method plus contact hardening which softens the edges further, you can also enable a alternate depth of field effect which is much less blurry (Doesn't blur the entire distant view.) plus ambient occlusion relies on HDAO and the higher HDAO-HQ mode.
    (And FXAA can use some shader-model 5 support as well.)

EDIT: The game does use about 8 GB of texture data all in all and it uses a rather large cache for the streaming system as well so that could also be causing a bit more VRAM usage than what we normally see with the Unreal Engine.
    (As stated in the above post. :) )

20. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, that's the one. you always get a discount and their sales are wicked too.