Nvidia GeForce 314.22 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by harkinsteven, Mar 25, 2013.

1. tw1st

tw1st Guest

GPU:
    Asus 3080 ROG Strix
    Hmm a little confused here bu the bioshock infinite profile for AO?

Does this mean it's an SLI profile?

2. AndyB

AndyB NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    GeForce GTX TITAN SLI
    Not a clue, I'm afraid. That's Manuel's department, and he's currently enjoyed a well-earned holiday.

3. Megastitious

Megastitious Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 680:

Up to 41% faster in BioShock Infinite
    Up to 60% faster in Tomb Raider
    Up to 23% faster in Sniper Elite V2
    Up to 13% faster in Sleeping Dogs

I dont like this 41% upgrade for Bioshock Infinite.Maybe another fail like Tomb Raider?Smells to me something like its messed up AGAIN.btw i have a GTX660Ti but here it shows changes for GTX680?2 things that annoy me here:

1st)Would there be any changes to my 660Ti even thought it says about 680?

2nd)Why do they always keep listing and reporting changes since the last 3 or 4 drivers to 680 only?Dont they care for 660Ti or 670?Why always supporting the celebrity cards like 680 690 and titan?

Yes i do really smell something very fishy with Bioshocks 41% upgrade.Lets see the following reports in performance when the game will come.

4. blakedj06

blakedj06 Member

GPU:
    4000GB
    2x Titan here

See no Improvments in Tombraider vs 314.21 ....

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Does this driver add support for Trials Evolution Gold Edition from Ubisoft/RedLynx which was released on 25th March 2013? Currently this game have serious performance issues on systems with two or more graphics cards regardless of whether Single GPU mode is forced on or not. The only way to fix the issue is to disable SLI, force dedicated PhysX to one GPU or create a profile and force SFR rendering, the latter of which results in a longer than normal black screen as the loading screens are not shown. The developers are insistent that updated drivers are required to fix this issue but despite asking twice on the GeForce.com I have not received any response from NVIDIA that they are even aware of the issue nevermind working to fix it.

Also, the release notes for this driver mention adding Ambient Occlusion support for BioShock Infinite but I have to ask why as one of the DX11 features I've seen mentioned is HDAO (High Def Ambient Occlusion) support so why does it need a driver flag as well?

6. buddybd

buddybd Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Obviously there will be improvements, just not as much. It says so in the article.

And yea there definitely is something wrong with the game hence the huge increase in FPS, but glad it's fixed as soon as the game's out, that's top-notch support :) Now lets see if it has the old code again like TR did.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Except this time the updated drivers are out before the game's release not 10 days after!!! Admittedly, many people will likely play the game without realising there are updated drivers but they are there for when they need them at least.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Finally some BF3 optimizations ;)

9. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    NVIDIA should really fi the damn black scree after install issue. I had to hard reset my system this time.

10. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Never faced that issue. Stay true Nvidia!

11. CSF90

CSF90 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabye GTX 980Ti OC
    This driver has been released before the game is even out. Prior to that, according to the graphs, a 680 could hit 60 fps with everything maxed at 1902x1080 anyway. Now they can hit over 75. Nothing seems fishy about that at all - just seems like good driver support to me.

They say in every single driver release article that they can't test and post results on every single card due to time constraints. Improvements are noticeable across the whole range of 600 and even 500 series cards, although to a lesser extent on lower models. They've included the GTX 660 in some of the graphs - gauge your performance from that.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  12. seaplane pilot

seaplane pilot Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti Strix
    When that happens unplug the display cable from the GPU and then plug it back in. Worked for me after I had the black screen after the driver install.

13. army_cadet

army_cadet Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte g1 980
    crysis 3 has stopped working error with these drivers mid game :(

14. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    every time i see the international driver verison in the first post i get scared theres no bloat free english only version, but there is thankfully. :)

if only guru3d was hosting them, nvidia link is super slow.

15. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    Probably, TR needs to be updated (new patch is supposed to be released today) as well for this new TR optimzation in v314.22 AndyB talked about to take effect.

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The previous 314 drivers were unstable for me, I hope I have better luck with these.

17. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    you guys are killing me with the over brightness on hdmi connections.

black screens are bright gray, unless I switch rgb to the other setting. but the other setting is too color saturated.

so I been using the full RGB tool to fix the problem

I only have this problem with 300 series drivers. I didnt have it with any 200 series drives.

18. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    I wish I had a dogs nose so I could smell things like you do.:stewpid:

19. Telomir

Telomir Guest

GPU:
    330M
    Does this fix the black screen install issue (esp for Sony Vaio laptops)? Stuck on 310.90...

20. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Same here...