Resident Evil 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by UnrealGaming, Jan 20, 2012.

1. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Ok texture work is rather bland althought it gets better as you progress in the game. Theres alot of inspiration coming from first titles at least in Leon campaign and i like how the city and the zombies fill the places.
    Imho is far better than re5 story and gameplay wise.
    It has alot of jumpy moments and the method they use for spawn the zombies (black fog) really helps.
    Also multi and coop is a blast. Worth the pricetag imho.

2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    @Darren

Tried the RE5 ones, and it surely doesn't work :p
    The shadows don't change, and there is no performance loss.

Though I haven't tried AO in RE5 to begin with, so I have no idea what changes. What I'm certain about is that whenever AO is enabled there is a significant performance drop, which isn't there right now.

@above
    I actually found leon's campaign hard, while playing in veteran lol
    I played RE5 in Veteran, and it was far too easy. I just don't like how enemies become bullet magnets as soon as the difficulty is bumped (in most games).
    I started chris' campaign in veteran and it felt easier.. maybe because of all the men around emptying clips.

I totally hate the aiming. How the dot or where the bullet goes keeps swaying. They had this in RE5 as well, I fail to understand why. Yes I can adjust enough with my mouse, but its not challenging my accuracy, its annoying me.

And I feel the overall key layout doesn't suit me (I had to scratch my head to figure out how to throw a grenade). The game sure is hard (on harder difficulties i.e.), but at points instead of challenging you, it annoys you.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  3. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    any aa flag for this game ?

4. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    I have RE5 on pc and the ao isn't really all that amazing compared t bf3 imo

5. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Are you sure that you're using the correct game profile?

There are two for this game: Biohazard 6 (which is the Japanese title), which uses the bh6.exe executable, and Resident Evil 6, which uses the re6.exe execuable. Even though the game is called Resident Evil 6 here in the UK, the game uses the bh6.exe executable so any forced settings I make have to made through the Biohazard 6 profile not the Resident Evil 6 one.

I suspect that NVIDIA will eventually combine the two profiles to have one that supports bh6.exe and re6.exe in due course as it makes no sense really to have two when they're the same game and same engine.

6. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    @Darren
    Thanks for the tip. I was constantly making changes to the RE6 profile and hence was wondering why the flickering hasn't gone yet. Gonna give tweaking the BH6 profile :facepalm:

Gosh I feel so stupid right now

update:
    I tried DS3 bits, and very very bad SLI scaling, hell I got 18fps. I tried RE5 bits for lols and got 22fps at the same scene. Was getting like 50 earlier. Maybe the new Nvidia drivers out today have some sort of fix to this issue.

Now I understand why this game sucks for me. I noticed it when playing jake's campaign. WHY THE HELL CAN I NOT UPGRADE MY WEAPONS. Who the hell thought this would be a good idea and put skills instead. The length of the game only appeals to me and at this rate its so painful. No wonder I wasn't getting gold pickups lol

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  7. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    @nanogenesis
    you try the new nvidia Drivers that came out today?

8. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    i'm really loving this game.

while the graphics won't win any award, they're actually quite decent with nice lighting effects and the characters are superbly rendered, voice acting is great, story is cliche' and nothing we haven't seen before but that's fine.

currently playing as Chris, can't stand gay-face Leon. :D

all in all i'm going to give RE6 an "8/10", really enjoying it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I was surpriced how long this game is, lol... 20-25h alteast.

Anyway its a decent RE and no doubt better than RE5.

10. Nichtswisser

Nichtswisser Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670 DC2 4GB

11. evohan

evohan Guest

GPU:
    Asus DCU2 GTX670 4GB SLI
    best AA config ?

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Whilst I do think all the games you mentioned are good games (apart from MOH2010)

This game is a complete joke. I am a massive fan of Resident Evil. But this one is just a mess. Seriously, take Resident Evil 5, add in more playable characters, add in millions of needless cutscenes/dialogue, add in a crap story line, add in thousands of QTE, have some excellently crap graphics, horrid camera angles, poor textures...

You can see why they charge £19.99 for the game and seriously its not even worth that. This is without a doubt the worst Resident Evil game ever. I would prefer to play the DS game than this!!

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    new mini 59mb patch is live

BUG FIXES
    - Fixed cutscene issues with endless loading
    - Fixed issues with playable character dying after cutscenes
    - Fixed subtitle display problems during split-screen play
    - Fixed voice chat volume problems
    - Fixed issue with monitor display frequency being reset for each game

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Jeez, really hope it's not that bad, but you have to remember i thought/think RE5 is actually a very good game, one of the very few games over the last 3-4 years that i have finished and considered very good value, so more of the same would be ok for me.

I really couldn't care that it's not a horror based as the older games were never scary anyway, i just loved the gameplay style of these games, so my biggest worry is that adding moving and shooting will ruin the feel.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
  15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hopefully this also solves the stability issues me and a number of other people have had with this game.
    (Seems very frequent with AMD hardware but happens with Nvidia as well though far less often.)

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i found out why my game wont start...because of xbox360 gamepad. i unplug it and game loads..what an sht issue :D

17. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    there's a little hope about HD texture?

18. angmar

angmar Guest

I am actually enjoying this game a lot even though it had a lot of negative criticism I def like it more then RE5.

19. Sergio

Sergio Guest

GPU:
    Asus 760 DirectCU II OC
    This game giving me Always %100 cpu usage on all cores, i mean ALWAYS , not even %99 1 sec.

I checked this with hwinfo64 and task manager performance tab. I have C2Quad cpu and 8gb ram. This can be a bug or similar thing ? How are your cpu usages guys? I afraid of playing this game now, seeing all 4 cores always %100 and temps near 62-65C making me worry alot. CPU not that hot but , it really makes me worry. Even at menus cpu usage always %100... Thanks.

20. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    ^
    Yes, but only when I start the game or if I alt+tab and back to game.

It goes down to ~ 30-50% overall after few moments and stays there during whole game. Im monitoring it with logitech perf.monitor @ G15v2 display..